• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 8:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1524 posts
814 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Asus GTX 1660 Super - $299.99

Saw this deal from Neweggcanada on Ebay. Not a huge discount but a 1660 Super for $300 is a very fair price especially as there is free shipping and 1660 non Supers often go for around $300.
49 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7729 posts
3947 upvotes
Alberta
From what I've read from the other threads, I wouldn't buy anything Asus.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2615 posts
2947 upvotes
from what i heard the new cards fix a lot of what was wrong with rtx frame loss. either way right now is a bad timing for video cards. if you need right now sure it should be easy to flip it in a few months.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1407 posts
1112 upvotes
waven101 wrote: from what i heard the new cards fix a lot of what was wrong with rtx frame loss. either way right now is a bad timing for video cards. if you need right now sure it should be easy to flip it in a few months.
New cards have a co-processor just for RTX to significantly reduce the frame loss.
Jul 21, 2011
701 posts
562 upvotes
Knowhere
jackrabbit000 wrote: From what I've read from the other threads, I wouldn't buy anything Asus.
What’s wrong with ASUS? I am actually in the market for a video card.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2898 posts
1983 upvotes
Montreal
jackrabbit000 wrote: From what I've read from the other threads, I wouldn't buy anything Asus.
I wouldn't buy Acer.

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2615 posts
2947 upvotes
bgallagher wrote: I wouldn't buy Acer.
acer just like dell have many types of computers, they make cheap affordable things and very expensive things, they sell a lot for cheaper so they can reach a younger crowd as well who might be more careless about their things. i wouldnt trust asus as much as acer or dell, you just got to be careful what you buy.
Jul 21, 2011
701 posts
562 upvotes
Knowhere
Which brand would a better one for video card? Thx
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2615 posts
2947 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: Which brand would a better one for video card? Thx
that is quite the question. depends what you want to play, what the price will be , the lenght of the cards, your casing and your budget, if you choose team green or team red. all cards brand carry a warranty. if you buy a pre built it normally only comes with 1 year warranty that you have to ship the whole system but for buying a card it normally comes with 3 years plus warranty and you can sometimes add extra on top of it..
Jul 21, 2011
701 posts
562 upvotes
Knowhere
waven101 wrote: that is quite the question. depends what you want to play, what the price will be , the lenght of the cards, your casing and your budget, if you choose team green or team red. all cards brand carry a warranty. if you buy a pre built it normally only comes with 1 year warranty that you have to ship the whole system but for buying a card it normally comes with 3 years plus warranty and you can sometimes add extra on top of it..
i dont game much, and looking for GTX 1660 super for my new custom built (Going to build, have case, SSD, Powersuply, ram now, missing GPU/CPU/MB) PC. Thx!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2221 posts
716 upvotes
FUD, asus is fine, but each card model is different even within one manufacturer. so what you're really looking for is a review of the card, not of the company. in this case that's a super low end card that review sites wouldn't usually bother with, so I don't even see a review on google. so you'll have to trust user reviews. what sets coolers apart is how much material goes into them. in this case, it has fewer heat pipes and fans. less mass and fans means less effective heatsinking and more noise.
Feb 19, 2017
443 posts
259 upvotes
The rumours are that ray-tracing and DLSS will be much improved on the next gen cards, to the point of there possibly be little if any performance loss. If these features are important to you, you may want to hold off on a new card right now. Of course, the lowest priced card with these features is almost certainly going to be more than this card - probably in the $450-$500 range.
Jun 26, 2007
894 posts
630 upvotes
The 1660 cards don't have RTX hardware, so that discussion is rather irrelevant. Don't expect to use RTX on this, because the performance is basically unusable. The new cards coming out this year are the high-end ones only. You'd have to wait until next year for mid and low-end cards.

This is a good deal for now, or you can wait for about a year for a new card at this price point.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5097 posts
1788 upvotes
Debtario
lightmeup wrote: Which brand would a better one for video card? Thx
EVGA is an excellent OEM for Nvidia-based GPUs, good customer service and let you change heatsinks without voiding warranty. They tend to stick to the Nvidia reference designs, some of the other OEMs do better by adding their own enhancements - which can also be a great or a mess. Really depends on model, do your research.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1271 posts
673 upvotes
I dont think 1660 super at 300 is a good deal

I just hope amd keep doing good work to bring gpu prices down just like they did with cpu