Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Asus GTX 1660 Super - $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 8:40 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7046 posts
1591 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
lightmeup wrote: What’s wrong with ASUS? I am actually in the market for a video card.
Don't think the products are bad but apparently it's really difficult to claim warranty from them if something does go wrong.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Oct 4, 2017
293 posts
118 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: What’s wrong with ASUS? I am actually in the market for a video card.
Problem with ASUS is when you need to claim warranty service they provide such a horrible experience. Either they deny you're claims and blame you for the issues or it takes months of chasing them around.
Since you're in Canada buy from a brand that has local service centers within the country. For video cards look at Zotac, MSI, and Sapphire.
Last edited by CorporalJenky on Jul 14th, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3912 posts
2644 upvotes
London
CorporalJenky wrote: Problem work ASUS is when you need to claim warranty service they provide such a horrible experience. Either they deny you're claims and blame you for the issues or it takes months of chasing them around.
Since you're in Canada buy from a brand that has local service centers within the country. For video cards look at Gigabyte, MSI, and Sapphire.
Gigabyte is located in the usa 17358 Railroad Street City of Industry, CA 91748
Oct 4, 2017
293 posts
118 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: Gigabyte is located in the usa 17358 Railroad Street City of Industry, CA 91748
You're right! Must've had a brain fart. Gigabyte is just as bad as Asus. Corrected it for Zotac.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3912 posts
2644 upvotes
London
CorporalJenky wrote: You're right! Must've had a brain fart. Gigabyte is just as bad as Asus. Corrected it for Zotac.
i rmaed a motherboard with gigabyte and it was the easiest RMA i've ever did. i didn't even have to talk to anyone the whole process to setting up the RMA on there site was automated. was also able to do an advance RMA and after getting the RMA number i called in guy emailed me the Advance forum in 5 mins and the next day the mailed the replacement out.
Nov 4, 2009
288 posts
275 upvotes
Calgary
Look up some reviews on the 5700 Tuf. Seems like some marketing exec got an idea to take the TUF branding and make the cheapest card possible. I don't think other TUF products were as bad as the 5700 but it seems like it's Asus's worst attempt at finding a balance of performance/price in a long time. Hopefully their next gen launch will fix that but for current gen cards Avoid.

Also as mentioned RTX 20 cards appear to have had production stopped meaning that a new gen could be out shortly, if you're not in dire need of a new video card hold up until we see what the next gen has to offer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2204 posts
1826 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: i rmaed a motherboard with gigabyte and it was the easiest RMA i've ever did. i didn't even have to talk to anyone the whole process to setting up the RMA on there site was automated. was also able to do an advance RMA and after getting the RMA number i called in guy emailed me the Advance forum in 5 mins and the next day the mailed the replacement out.
Same. Did an RMA with Gigabyte, it cost me about $18 to ship it there and got it back a few weeks later with no issue.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3912 posts
2644 upvotes
London
Diafel wrote: Same. Did an RMA with Gigabyte, it cost me about $18 to ship it there and got it back a few weeks later with no issue.
Yup and also if u use netparcel to ship it u can get a discounted ups shipping label and it can sometime be cheaper shipping to the us with netparcel then it cost to ship within Canada netparcel-shipping-rates-45-60-off-2296241/
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1380 posts
1640 upvotes
Knowhere
CorporalJenky wrote: Problem work ASUS is when you need to claim warranty service they provide such a horrible experience. Either they deny you're claims and blame you for the issues or it takes months of chasing them around.
Since you're in Canada buy from a brand that has local service centers within the country. For video cards look at Zotac, MSI, and Sapphire.
Thanks, EVGA then :)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1380 posts
1640 upvotes
Knowhere
There were a lot of replies, thanks a lot.

from what I see, provided the person is not a hardcore gamer. 1060 6G + 5%-ish = 1660 + 10%-ish = 1660 Super + 3%-ish = 1660 TI.

NVIDIA is known for selling video card by $ per frame/second, so when 3060 comes out next year, NVIDIA will charge whatever is equivalentto that frame/second. so I am guessinng 700$? :)

if the person is serious hardcore gamer, then any x60 line is not good enough for the latest feature, such as RTX etc.

IMHO, no need to wait for 3060 if the budget is 300-ish, maybe in 3 years, a 3060 used will come down to 300 CAD, lol

again, thanks for all the help and replies.
May 19, 2005
900 posts
457 upvotes
Kingston
lightmeup wrote: Thanks, EVGA then :)
EVGA won't stand behind their product unless you can prove you're the original owner. ASUS doesn't care, they go by serial number. Same with MSI and Gigabyte. If you ask me, a company that has faith in their products covers them, period. EVGA and Sappire and AsRock hide behind an "original receipt" gate keeper, which to me is unethical, they made it, its bad, they should replace it no matter what within warranty....
Jan 28, 2014
675 posts
291 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: EVGA is an excellent OEM for Nvidia-based GPUs, good customer service and let you change heatsinks without voiding warranty. They tend to stick to the Nvidia reference designs, some of the other OEMs do better by adding their own enhancements - which can also be a great or a mess. Really depends on model, do your research.
in

I've had to RMA both Asus and EVGA equipment.
Asus took months to fix my equipment.
EVGA mailed out the new equipment immediately after I shipped what they asked me to.

EVGA is definitely one of my favorites and I would pay the slight premium for the customer service. I've bought 7 GPUs since and luckily none of them have had any issues so I did t have to RMA anything recently. The only thing I had to send back was a PSU for EVGA as of late and it was a sketchy Amazon Warehouse deals (50% off) that turned out to be defective.
Jan 28, 2014
675 posts
291 upvotes
gn22 wrote: EVGA won't stand behind their product unless you can prove you're the original owner. ASUS doesn't care, they go by serial number. Same with MSI and Gigabyte. If you ask me, a company that has faith in their products covers them, period. EVGA and Sappire and AsRock hide behind an "original receipt" gate keeper, which to me is unethical, they made it, its bad, they should replace it no matter what within warranty....
For such a large ticket item you would probably want a receipt when buying used. I know I saved all of mine for my equipment and registered everything online. Scanned it too in case I need to give it to someone else or sold it online.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
2109 posts
508 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: in

I've had to RMA both Asus and EVGA equipment.
Asus took months to fix my equipment.
EVGA mailed out the new equipment immediately after I shipped what they asked me to.

EVGA is definitely one of my favorites and I would pay the slight premium for the customer service. I've bought 7 GPUs since and luckily none of them have had any issues so I did t have to RMA anything recently. The only thing I had to send back was a PSU for EVGA as of late and it was a sketchy Amazon Warehouse deals (50% off) that turned out to be defective.
So for their RMA process of the defective PSU from amazon, did they ask you to ship it back to their warehouse or you just get to keep it while receiving a brand new one from EVGA?
If that's the case then EVGA definitely has the best RMA in the biz.
Maybe purchasing their stock-b products when they have those sales going on wouldn't be such a bad idea for a video card and psu if they honour their RMA's like this for all their products.
Jan 28, 2014
675 posts
291 upvotes
TheRock2012 wrote:
So for their RMA process of the defective PSU from amazon, did they ask you to ship it back to their warehouse or you just get to keep it while receiving a brand new one from EVGA?
If that's the case then EVGA definitely has the best RMA in the biz.
Maybe purchasing their stock-b products when they have those sales going on wouldn't be such a bad idea for a video card and psu if they honour their RMA's like this for all their products.
Shipped old one back (just the PSU no cables or anything, the Amazon PSU was shutting down on load and was probably a return from someone else) and they paid for shipping. They mailed a brand new sealed PSU to me the same day. They did hold a charge on my credit card in case I was trying to scam them and released the hold when they recieved my PSU.

No problems with replacement PSU (it was brand new afterall)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2389 posts
5250 upvotes
Markham
STIGUY wrote: Shipped old one back (just the PSU no cables or anything, the Amazon PSU was shutting down on load and was probably a return from someone else) and they paid for shipping. They mailed a brand new sealed PSU to me the same day. They did hold a charge on my credit card in case I was trying to scam them and released the hold when they recieved my PSU.

No problems with replacement PSU (it was brand new afterall)
I wonder why more manufacturers don't do this. Option of express warranty service if you give them a credit card to put a hold on. Sonos does the same thing too, and it just makes the warranty process so much faster and smoother.
Oct 4, 2017
293 posts
118 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: i rmaed a motherboard with gigabyte and it was the easiest RMA i've ever did. i didn't even have to talk to anyone the whole process to setting up the RMA on there site was automated. was also able to do an advance RMA and after getting the RMA number i called in guy emailed me the Advance forum in 5 mins and the next day the mailed the replacement out.
Just going by the recent complaints from customers having to do an RMA with Gigabyte. How long ago was your RMA?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3912 posts
2644 upvotes
London
Dave510 wrote: I wonder why more manufacturers don't do this. Option of express warranty service if you give them a credit card to put a hold on. Sonos does the same thing too, and it just makes the warranty process so much faster and smoother.
most of the bigger ones do u just have to ask most just assume people want to do a standard rma were u mail the product in first.

i know corsiar,kingston, seasonic and gigabyte offer it. nzxt i know for water coolers if u dont live in the us they will just ask u to cut the tubes and take a pic then they will mail the new one out.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3912 posts
2644 upvotes
London
CorporalJenky wrote: Just going by the recent complaints from customers having to do an RMA with Gigabyte. How long ago was your RMA?
was in like 2018 considering the process is all automated and u don't even half to talk to anyone unless u want setup an advance rma i don't see what the problem could be.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)