[eBay.ca] (Best-tech-dealz) The C64 Mini - Bilingual for 24.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 2:20 pm
[OP]
Oct 9, 2018
303 posts
1743 upvotes

[eBay.ca] (Best-tech-dealz) The C64 Mini - Bilingual for 24.99

Looks like they dropped the price of the c64 mini again to 29.99. 57% off is pretty hot.

Looks like the Price Dropped to 24.99, that is the lowest i've seen it go.
Last edited by tk1797 on May 21st, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
33 replies
Jan 26, 2012
292 posts
500 upvotes
Quebec
I've wanted one ever since it was announced. I suspected it would go down in price so I waited. at this price, I'll bite.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1165 posts
3033 upvotes
New Brunswick
Still waiting on the version with the working keyboard.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2726 upvotes
Toronto
tk1797 wrote: Looks like they dropped the price of the c64 mini again to 29.99. 57% off is pretty hot.
You know what I would buy in a heartbeat? The first Computer I ever had that crapped all over PC gaming back in the day...was the Commodore Amiga 500+ (I later upgraded to the professional desktop version...the Amiga 4000...the one they used to make a lot of VFX for TV and movies back in the day. Loved that Video Toaster program too! :) )

So if they ever released an Amiga 500 Mini (which I doubt because the Amiga unfortunately was not marketed properly in North America as it was in Europe and other continents as the 64 was in North America).

I know it can be emulated flawlessly with an Amiga Emulator like Win UAE etc....but it would be awesome to have a mini-version of the Amiga 500 loaded with all the best games...and can be hacked like the PS Classic to load more Amiga games and Programs. Oh well, one can dream. :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3350 posts
1420 upvotes
Vancouver
Waiting for all the "Bilingual?! No sale" comments despite the keyboard being nonfunctional, haha.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4687 posts
3131 upvotes
People buy mini consoles to look at. This thing looks horrendous.
Apr 7, 2007
701 posts
216 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I had an Apple //e as a youngster and my second computer was an Amiga 500. Have such fond memories playing with that thing. This C64 is pretty temping for the nostalgia. My neighbor as a kid had a vic 20 then upgraded to a C64... cool times!
Jul 28, 2008
307 posts
172 upvotes
When I logged into my ebay account, there was a banner that I could click on for a 10 dollar coupon. Brought the price to $18.74 after tax (NB).

The coupon code was MYTEN9QWY8BF8BM (YMMV)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5210 posts
4340 upvotes
Toronto
mctnguy wrote: When I logged into my ebay account, there was a banner that I could click on for a 10 dollar coupon. Brought the price to $18.74 after tax (NB).

The coupon code was MYTEN9QWY8BF8BM (YMMV)
Must have been a targeted code, as I don't see any banner for $10 and nothing in messages or email. Also that code you posted doesn't work for me.

----------

8-bit & Metal Jesus have some reviews of the C64 mini if anyone cares, I guess it's kind of cool for this price if you are feeling nostalgic. But at the same time, seems rather limited and you'll want a keyboard in certain cases. Personally I never had a C64 so will be passing.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8270 posts
1829 upvotes
Toronto
The non functional keyboard really deflates the nostalgia of this product. It's just a plastic mold.

It needs a working Shiftlock key too. I guess most people here would not be old enough to understand what that means.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3373 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty neat. I'm tempted to buy it for the low price.

But I cannot see that I'd turn it on a second time. Would you?

I loaded a great Atari 800 emulator but have only used it the first day (and we had used the Atari 8-bits back in the day; similar to but better than the C64).

I get nostalgic about a lot of computers, and have kept a bunch, but actually using them doesn't seem rewarding.

My latest acquisition is a lawn find: a ZX Spectrum +2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectr ... pectrum_+2 . Unfortunately I haven't yet got a power supply or SCART converter.
Feb 26, 2017
611 posts
424 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: You know what I would buy in a heartbeat? The first Computer I ever had that crapped all over PC gaming back in the day...was the Commodore Amiga 500+ (I later upgraded to the professional desktop version...the Amiga 4000...the one they used to make a lot of VFX for TV and movies back in the day. Loved that Video Toaster program too! :) )

So if they ever released an Amiga 500 Mini (which I doubt because the Amiga unfortunately was not marketed properly in North America as it was in Europe and other continents as the 64 was in North America).

I know it can be emulated flawlessly with an Amiga Emulator like Win UAE etc....but it would be awesome to have a mini-version of the Amiga 500 loaded with all the best games...and can be hacked like the PS Classic to load more Amiga games and Programs. Oh well, one can dream. :)
A fellow Amiga user! I had a 2000HD and then a 1200 with a 030 board @ 20?? Mhz. I can't believe I sold or gave away both back in the day. The prices for the 1200's are stupid. At the end of the day, I really wanted a "new" 1200, but I had to really ask myself how much I'd use it in actuality. And I think the answer was "not that much". Nostalgia is a bitch! The feeling of firing up WB or playing with lightwave will never be the same!
Nov 30, 2016
135 posts
134 upvotes
Prince Albert
Scorpionsy wrote: You know what I would buy in a heartbeat? The first Computer I ever had that crapped all over PC gaming back in the day...was the Commodore Amiga 500+ (I later upgraded to the professional desktop version...the Amiga 4000...the one they used to make a lot of VFX for TV and movies back in the day. Loved that Video Toaster program too! :) )

Dream no more. Sorta

Step 1: Buy RaspberryPi
Step 2: 3D print this
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:711938
Step 3: Emulate to your hearts desire
Feb 26, 2012
28 posts
9 upvotes
HAMILTON
Another fellow Amiga user :) . I started with the Atari 2600, then moved up to the Commodore 64, and once the Amiga came out, I knew I had to get one. Loved my 500. It blew the PC out of the water when it came to graphics and sound. Great memories making music and playing games! I am acutally just in the process of setting up a raspberry Pi emulating an Amiga. I still have my Amiga 500 and my Amiga 2000HD, but I am looking to move to an emulator as from what I have been reading and watching on Youtube, Amibian and a Raspberry Pi will get me a full blown Amiga 4000 running just great. Smaller form factor and easier to get my ADF files on an emulated system than the real Amiga.

I did pickup a c64 Mini at $50.00 on sale and just got a second one from ebay. At $25.00 it was cheaper to buy that, than an extra joystick on it's own.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2214 posts
969 upvotes
Waterloo
With the FASTFIVE coupon code this is down to $23 after tax in Ontario. Thanks Op
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8997 posts
5406 upvotes
Toronto
cadave wrote: With the FASTFIVE coupon code this is down to $23 after tax in Ontario. Thanks Op
Code doesn't work for me, where did you find it?