Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - Refurb - $119.99 + Tax - Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 6:12 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2016
331 posts
1250 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - Refurb - $119.99 + Tax - Free Shipping

Folks who have missed the deal a couple of weeks ago the Solo 5 is back at $119.99 price from the official Bose store on eBay. Comes with 1 year warranty.

Link:https://www.ebay.ca/itm/353071128340
Price: $119.99 + Free Shipping

Description:

- One-piece soundbar delivers noticeably better sound than your TV alone
- Dialogue mode to hear each word and detail clearly
- Bluetooth technology built in for streaming music wirelessly from your phone or tablet
- One connection to your TV
- Universal remote controls TV, bass, Bluetooth connections and more

Whats in the box:

Bose Solo 5 TV sound system
Universal remote control
Power supply and cord
Optical digital audio cable

Inputs and Outputs
Optical audio input (digital)
Coaxial audio input (digital)
3.5 mm aux input (analog)
115 replies
Dec 13, 2012
118 posts
80 upvotes
Ontario
Great soundbar, I love mine. There is some bass and you can turn it up/down. Obviously not as much as with a subwoofer, but I still like it. It's a great replacement for any TV speakers. Comes with a nice remote too that I use for all my devices.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3591 posts
1678 upvotes
'Shwallywood
The sad part is that this soundbar costs more than the seiki TV i'm hooking it up to
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2709 posts
1381 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I got a refurb on Boxing day from a Bose store and it works well for a small TV.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3591 posts
1678 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Does it actually take ~ a month to ship? August 7-25 estimate
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts
13 upvotes
Kitchener
Cheers! I was ticked off I missed out on the first wave of refurb sales, and happened to check the site yesterday. Wasn't sure if $120 was the sale price, but I'm glad it is! For the price, this seems like a great value -- I'm not expecting movie-theatre-level bass, but I just need *something* better than my tinny default speakers on my TV. Never had a bad experience with Bose audio!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1171 posts
1846 upvotes
How is this for an apartment? From the reviews I've seen it's good for smaller spaces. The TV is strictly used for Movies and Gaming, no music or anything else. I heard that the detail and clarity is good, but does anyone here have it and can speak on how it is for video games? Also is not having any surround sound simulation a big miss? Thanks!
Apr 30, 2020
294 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
how do you hook up a chromecast to this?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13454 posts
13218 upvotes
Oil Country
In for one... Gave the parents my Yamaha soundbar which was collecting dust. It was just too big for me to wall mount. Hopefully this is small. Ordered through their site, since it says they ship in-stock items within 5-7 days. Their website also offers a 90-day Risk Free Trial. If I don't like it I can return it at their expense, and receive a full refund. Seems like a win-win situation.
Feb 26, 2020
62 posts
105 upvotes
BC
Whoever owns this, can you please confirm if it’s 5.1 channel. Thanks in advance!
Sep 12, 2011
63 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
nellium wrote: Does it actually take ~ a month to ship? August 7-25 estimate
I bought in the last sale and it took 3 weeks. 1 week for Bose to ship and 2 weeks for UPS to get it to me. Happy with the soundbar but the shipping time was disappointing.
Dec 22, 2019
66 posts
101 upvotes
Thanks OP, in for 1. Can't wait for the sale on Yamaha so I'll just get this.
resare wrote: how do you hook up a chromecast to this?
Not sure about ChromeCast, but i have FireStick and you can connect via bluetooth to this speaker.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13454 posts
13218 upvotes
Oil Country
RanelD742511 wrote: Whoever owns this, can you please confirm if it’s 5.1 channel. Thanks in advance!
https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/bose/solo-5

The Bose Solo 5 can decode Dolby Digital via its optical port but will downmix it to 2.0. Dolby Digital 5.1 surround content is very common in most streaming platforms and Blu-rays. The (not supported) DTS isn't widely common on its own; it's the fallback for the higher quality DTS-HD MA found on many Blu-ray discs.
Nov 17, 2014
315 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
I would like to use this with my computer which has a SPDIF (S/PDIF) port. Do any of the tech savvy rdfers know if this is possible out of the box or would i need to buy an additional cable or converter?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13454 posts
13218 upvotes
Oil Country
TriftyTings wrote: I would like to use this with my computer which has a SPDIF (S/PDIF) port. Do any of the tech savvy rdfers know if this is possible out of the box or would i need to buy an additional cable or converter?
I think it should work with one of these connectors. What type of connector is the SPDIF port?
Nov 17, 2014
315 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: I think it should work with one of these connectors. What type of connector is the SPDIF port?
Connector looks the same. Unsure if that guarantees compatibility
IMG_20200729_1148573.jpg