Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - Refurb - $119.99 + Tax - Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 6:12 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4986 posts
2017 upvotes
The sound bar comes with a SPDIF /optical cable. The port on the soundbar is a typical optical cable plug.. just orientated on it's sides so it looks weird. I hooked mines up to my TV from the last deal. Bass is definitely on the low end. But for speech/voice sounds it is good. The soundbar also comes with an SPDIF/Optical cable.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1133 posts
732 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
TriftyTings wrote: Connector looks the same. Unsure if that guarantees compatibility
IMG_20200729_1148573.jpg
It will work fine and the cable is included
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3778 posts
2423 upvotes
AnujS699 wrote: Good find! Way better than getting it via ebay since you get the 60 day returns.

Thanks!
Looks to be 30 days:
Returns and exchanges
Satisfaction is guaranteed on all Bose® products purchased by consumers directly from Bose. We want you to be thrilled, so if you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within the 30-day* trial period for a full refund. *45 days for L1® systems.

Bose is registered for Canadian sales tax in all provinces in Canada and is therefore required to collect Canadian sales taxes on all sales shipped into a province
https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/retur ... 0the%20box.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17330 posts
4723 upvotes
I have a Philips soundbar with subwoofer..is this better than Philips?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sep 12, 2011
64 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
falkon57 wrote: This thing sucks! It is a 2 channel sound bar from 2016.
Can you recommend something better at this price point?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8976 upvotes
RanelD742511 wrote: Whoever owns this, can you please confirm if it’s 5.1 channel. Thanks in advance!
How in heck is a soundbar going to be 5.1 channel?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8976 upvotes
falkon57 wrote: This thing sucks! It is a 2 channel sound bar from 2016.
Has there been tremendous progress in speaker technology in the last 4 years???

And how many channels should a sound bar have?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4986 posts
2017 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I have a Philips soundbar with subwoofer..is this better than Philips?
I would say most likely not. The bose definitely lacks bass, but voices are very clear on it. It's a step up from most TV speakers. But for $120... you can always try it and compare between the two soundbars.
Feb 26, 2020
62 posts
105 upvotes
BC
repatch wrote: How in heck is a soundbar going to be 5.1 channel?
If you read the description on ebay, it says 5.1 channel.
That’s why i’m asking owners if they can confirm this.
And yes, fyi, there are soundbars that are 5.1 channel.
But i already found on Google that this is only 2.0
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5543 posts
3041 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody try this with the analogue RCA output to Speaker Jack input connection?
The optical port on the TV is currently connected to a Bluetooth hearing aid device and there is no coax output on my TV.
Feb 26, 2020
62 posts
105 upvotes
BC
repatch wrote: Has there been tremendous progress in speaker technology in the last 4 years???

And how many channels should a sound bar have?
This guy is either trying to be a know it all or
Is just trying to look smart by bashing other people
for his lack of knowledge about soundbars.
I went to his profile and saw that all his posts are mean
and sarcastic comments.
Last edited by RanelD742511 on Jul 29th, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8976 upvotes
RanelD742511 wrote: If you read the description on ebay, it says 5.1 channel.
That’s why i’m asking owners if they can confirm this.
And yes, fyi, there are soundbars that are 5.1 channel.
But i already found on Google that this is only 2.0
It's a narrow bar, sitting under your TV, how in heck is it going to implement 5.1 audio?

For the 5 portion you'd need speakers to the sides of you. And 3.1 speakers in a tiny enclosure? That's just a complete waste. Even getting 2.0 separation at that distance is dubious. And the .1? The bar is to small for effective low frequency stuff.

ANY bar that claims 5.1 is probably just talking about it being able to downsample 5.1 into 2.0, which is frankly not much of a feature.
Feb 26, 2020
62 posts
105 upvotes
BC
repatch wrote: It's a narrow bar, sitting under your TV, how in heck is it going to implement 5.1 audio?

For the 5 portion you'd need speakers to the sides of you. And 3.1 speakers in a tiny enclosure? That's just a complete waste. Even getting 2.0 separation at that distance is dubious. And the .1? The bar is to small for effective low frequency stuff.

ANY bar that claims 5.1 is probably just talking about it being able to downsample 5.1 into 2.0, which is frankly not much of a feature.
Obviously you know nothing about soundbars with 5.1 channel, go to Costco or Best Buy dude. Anyway, it’s time
for me to block you now as i am just wasting my time
with your nonsense. Not worth my time.