Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - Refurb - $119.99 + Tax - Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 6:12 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13703 upvotes
Oil Country
Just an FYI, the soundbar has an auto-sleep feature, so it powers off after 60 minutes of inactivity.

There's also an auto-wake feature, which will turn on the soundbar's power whenever a sound signal is received. To enable it press and hold the power button on the remote for five seconds until you hear a tone to toggle between auto-wake and default power settings.

The status indicator glows amber when the soundbar is off and auto-wake is enabled.

Auto-wake is a good alternative to HDMI-CEC controlling the power setting.

*Edit

Found that dialogue mode works really well for sports (specifically hockey games).
Last edited by fudge_u on Aug 5th, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3601 posts
1685 upvotes
'Shwallywood
i got a tracking number (ordered on ebay) but it has yet to actually ship
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
How is this not downvoted to hell? Who buys Blose home speakers? Crazy. I think their successful headphones line, which is all the rage these days, have made people forget the ol' sayings:
"Friends don't let friends buy Blose"
"No highs? No lows? Must be Blose!"
etc.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13703 upvotes
Oil Country
ES_Revenge wrote: How is this not downvoted to hell? Who buys Blose home speakers? Crazy. I think their successful headphones line, which is all the rage these days, have made people forget the ol' sayings:
etc.
That only applies when the Bose soundbar/speaker costs double the price of their competitor's comparable soundbar/speaker. In this case, $119 is pretty reasonable.
Last edited by fudge_u on Aug 5th, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2018
804 posts
1228 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: How is this not downvoted to hell? Who buys Blose home speakers? Crazy. I think their successful headphones line, which is all the rage these days, have made people forget the ol' sayings:
etc.
Are there better soundbars for 120 at the moment? Nope.

Can you buy a better soundbar for 500$? That's is a silly question.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2113 posts
851 upvotes
Has anyone questioned why Bose products have so many Refurbs online sales?? Looking at the multiple threads on their ANC headphones refurb Qc35s 1 and 2 and now this soundbar, never seen Sony or any other brands have so many refurb products...why? Are people returning them for mass defects or not liking the product? why again in either case?

It seems so many rave on these Bose refurb deals but no asked why so many are available? longevity, durability.. hmm
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1940 posts
803 upvotes
Ordered 29th, received today.
First few #'s of serial number differs on box and sound bar for some reason.

Pretty happy with the price, definitely sounds better than the TV speakers.
Dec 22, 2019
69 posts
102 upvotes
Received mine today. Ordered direct from Bose website.
Looks sleek and sounds good enough for me.
Feb 15, 2011
201 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Not so fast though there were lots of soundbars on clearance at Walmart not long ago and those weren't refurbs either. The real answer is that there are probably tons of soundbars that are as good, for $120. Maybe not exactly today, but most likely if you just find one on any random sale...and again not a refurb.
I'm hoping that you're criticizing Bose with good intentions.

I AM NEW to soundbars, and I'm relatively happy with this for $120.
I'm looking for a soundbar $100~$150 with bluetooth function that will sound fine as a small room TV/ computer soundbar/ speaker for phones.

I tried Ikea Eneby 30 (not soundbar, but..), which is muffled and not clear. No sound stage.
I tried Sony HTS200F (open box, $149). It has clearer vocals and slightly better sound stage but overall muffled, cracking high notes, and absent bass (although it has a subwoofer integrated).
TCL series are considered as bad or worse than bose solo 5 (rtings.com).
Can you actually recommend something? Thanks.
FYI I tested these with all of optical, aux, and bluetooth (unless not available).
Last edited by arestel on Aug 6th, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 6, 2017
416 posts
365 upvotes
astrotrain wrote: Has anyone questioned why Bose products have so many Refurbs online sales?? Looking at the multiple threads on their ANC headphones refurb Qc35s 1 and 2 and now this soundbar, never seen Sony or any other brands have so many refurb products...why? Are people returning them for mass defects or not liking the product? why again in either case?

It seems so many rave on these Bose refurb deals but no asked why so many are available? longevity, durability.. hmm
I don’t know why, but I don’t think it’s a bad sign. Apple and Dyson have refurbished stores and those are well-regarded brands

They just take the returns etc that every brand gets and refurbish them. Other companies don’t
Feb 15, 2011
201 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
astrotrain wrote: Has anyone questioned why Bose products have so many Refurbs online sales?? Looking at the multiple threads on their ANC headphones refurb Qc35s 1 and 2 and now this soundbar, never seen Sony or any other brands have so many refurb products...why? Are people returning them for mass defects or not liking the product? why again in either case?

I had similar questions but I decided to get their refurbished headphone and soundbar because:
1) open headphone returns without any costs are mostly not available anymore except Bose (which I'm sure contributes to having a lot of refurbs)
2) I tried their refurbished headphones, and they were clean without a scratch, and working fine
3) I researched for any issues on Bose refurbished products & didn't find anything out of ordinary
4) I tried top line ANC headphones from sony and sennheiser, and found bose to be the most comfortable with glasses.
5) soundbar... I have not finalized my decision, but I'm happy with this at $120. (would return right away if it was $250 tho)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1104 posts
1256 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So this deal was dead 8 pages ago right?
Feb 6, 2015
209 posts
122 upvotes
Calgary

Dyson has lots of refurbished products. Something could be said about good warranty coverage and the popularity of their products. If more is being bought, more will potentially be refurbished.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2113 posts
851 upvotes
arestel wrote: I had similar questions but I decided to get their refurbished headphone and soundbar because:
1) open headphone returns without any costs are mostly not available anymore except Bose (which I'm sure contributes to having a lot of refurbs)
2) I tried their refurbished headphones, and they were clean without a scratch, and working fine
3) I researched for any issues on Bose refurbished products & didn't find anything out of ordinary
4) I tried top line ANC headphones from sony and sennheiser, and found bose to be the most comfortable with glasses.
5) soundbar... I have not finalized my decision, but I'm happy with this at $120. (would return right away if it was $250 tho)
Good insight, not against this brand but curious why they have so many refurbs, maybe in the future will partake.
Apr 7, 2019
294 posts
234 upvotes
EvW44BB wrote: how big is the room you're using this in?
it must be 20' x 20' with a cathedral 20' ceiling. its yuge. it sounds great