Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Breville Clearance Outlet: Refurb Breville BES870XL Barista Express, 6 mo Breville warranty- $399.99, free ship

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 12:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1294 posts
5020 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Breville Clearance Outlet: Refurb Breville BES870XL Barista Express, 6 mo Breville warranty- $399.99, free ship

Probably the highest rated espresso machine ever on the market - very highly rated by RFD. Most recent thread I could find was $499.99 (non-refurb) in April.

Make sure you're enrolled in eBay Bucks and you pay using PayPal to cover return shipping in case of any issues - most credit card insurance still covers even if paid with PayPal.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Breville-BES870 ... 3410319272
87 replies
Jun 4, 2019
17 posts
5 upvotes
Bought this last year for 500, one of best purchases I made. Most used appliance in our house now
Aug 23, 2011
4 posts
VANCOUVER
wow been looking for this machine, this is a great deal even though refurbished. purchased 1 unit shows arriving july 29. thanks op.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3731 posts
1598 upvotes
Canada
Great price! I'm on my second one. Sold the first one when I moved. Love the machine. Takes a bit to dial in but once you have the it's quick to make a drink. Takes 30-45 minutes to clean every 4-6 weeks. Make sure you break up any collected grinds and vacuum out the grinder burrs.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Jun 21, 2011
124 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I've had mine for 3 years. It's been rock solid. Feed good coffee and filtered water into it and it's gonna last for a long while.
Jan 22, 2019
121 posts
92 upvotes
Average sale price for a new unit is around $479. Occasional $429 pricing. Best machine I've ever had though. I've been using it daily for the past 3 years and it has been bulletproof. Save some money and buy these Cafiza tablets from Amazon when you need to clean the machine.
Feb 8, 2017
115 posts
27 upvotes
EarthViews wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 8:19 am
Average sale price for a new unit is around $479. Occasional $429 pricing. Best machine I've ever had though. I've been using it daily for the past 3 years and it has been bulletproof. Save some money and buy these Cafiza tablets from Amazon when you need to clean the machine.
Do you think I should wait for a sale price on a new unit then? Haven't had the best luck with refurbished in the past.
Mar 21, 2005
65 posts
11 upvotes
Thunder Bay
I bought a Duo Temp Pro from this seller a month or two ago for $230, wish I would've waited! If you're in the market for a home espresso machine you'd be hard pressed to find a better value for the money than this.
Jan 22, 2019
121 posts
92 upvotes
sierravista wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 8:35 am
Do you think I should wait for a sale price on a new unit then? Haven't had the best luck with refurbished in the past.
I personally went for a new unit even though there was a refurb available at $399. Just peace of mind, but I'm almost certain quality wise they'll be the same considering that is a Breville eBay store. I bought mine just before Christmas but you can probably get the deal on Amazon for prime day.
Dec 17, 2017
87 posts
49 upvotes
sierravista wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 8:35 am
I bought a different piece of equipment from them before. It's operated by Centre du Rasoir / Personal Edge who are an authorized Breville dealer and ship from Montreal. The item I bought had an issue but the customer service was good, they offered either to replace it or give a full refund and provided a free return shipping label.
Nov 8, 2007
491 posts
143 upvotes
Great machine, not sure how I feel about refurb though. Got it new for about $480 and things have been good for 8 months so far.
There is about a 1-2 week initial learning curve before you start pulling decent shots.

Only complaint would be the steam wand is a bit inconsistent on my unit.
The steam stream isn't steady and makes an annoying high-pitched scream until the 2nd or 3rd use in a row.
Nov 25, 2010
21 posts
16 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Thanks op. Cheapest i’ve seen this unit go. Ordered.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3731 posts
1598 upvotes
Canada
Neo_ZX wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 10:50 am
Great machine, not sure how I feel about refurb though. Got it new for about $480 and things have been good for 8 months so far.
There is about a 1-2 week initial learning curve before you start pulling decent shots.

Only complaint would be the steam wand is a bit inconsistent on my unit.
The steam stream isn't steady and makes an annoying high-pitched scream until the 2nd or 3rd use in a row.
Its not your unit, its just a by product of the design. Both of my units did what you are describing.

Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3731 posts
1598 upvotes
Canada
lol_face3 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 12:13 pm
Thanks op. Cheapest i’ve seen this unit go. Ordered.
Back in may 2018 it was $336+tax. It was $400ish but there was a 20% off coupon. I don't think we will see that deal again though. I would totally recommend this machine for any price under $500, nothing else comes close unless you spend $1000+
Last edited by fatestkid on Jul 11th, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)