Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Buy $100 Hotels.com Gift Card for only $85 - Email Delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 8:42 pm
Apr 28, 2010
177 posts
148 upvotes
Terrace
cbt123 wrote: That used to work... try it now.
Nope, it is still down.
Keep on getting this error message "Please try again or contact Hotels.com gift card customer service at 888-999-4468".
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7303 posts
3263 upvotes
Toronto
Rock2009 wrote: I tried two months ago to combine my two cards using the link and it worked.
I did it a few months ago, guess something broke on their end since then.
Sep 22, 2016
628 posts
1049 upvotes
I called customer service to combine a few cards. However, they can only combine cards with the same promo (type). e.g. GC from ebay+ GC from ebay. They couldn't combine GC I got as a refund with GC from ebay.
When the online tool was working, I was able to combine any type of GCs together without any problem.
I love great flight deals, although it sucks that I only have 4 weeks of vacation per year 😢
Oct 24, 2010
332 posts
142 upvotes
Burnaby
I combined 5 of them through phone without any issue
Sep 11, 2008
598 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I'm getting an error when trying to buy, do i have to change my shipping address to USA?
"This item cannot be purchased because this item cannot be sent to your shipping address."
Feb 9, 2016
22 posts
6 upvotes
I called the number and combined, website got error!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1663 posts
358 upvotes
Montreal
LarryT778370 wrote: I called customer service to combine a few cards. However, they can only combine cards with the same promo (type). e.g. GC from ebay+ GC from ebay. They couldn't combine GC I got as a refund with GC from ebay.
When the online tool was working, I was able to combine any type of GCs together without any problem.
I don't think this is accurate. I had no problem calling in and merging the Ebay $100 to an actual gift card that was sourced elsewhere.
FYI, the online system has been "down" for a long time. Just call it in.
Mar 10, 2012
549 posts
804 upvotes
PEACHLAND
lor74 wrote: I don't think this is accurate. I had no problem calling in and merging the Ebay $100 to an actual gift card that was sourced elsewhere.
FYI, the online system has been "down" for a long time. Just call it in.
I was told the same thing. Can't combine a refund gift card with a digital gift card (the refunded amount was a digital card before I used it). Also can't combine a physical card with a digital card. Stupid... I made 2 reservations for one stay and just used a gift card for each reservation. Silly
Sep 22, 2016
628 posts
1049 upvotes
2003fxdl wrote: I was told the same thing. Can't combine a refund gift card with a digital gift card (the refunded amount was a digital card before I used it). Also can't combine a physical card with a digital card. Stupid... I made 2 reservations for one stay and just used a gift card for each reservation. Silly
If they allow refund GC to combine with refund GC, I am going to book some random expensive hotel to use all my paypal GC, then do a refund so that the paypal GC becomes refund GC.
I love great flight deals, although it sucks that I only have 4 weeks of vacation per year 😢
Mar 10, 2012
549 posts
804 upvotes
PEACHLAND
LarryT778370 wrote: If they allow refund GC to combine with refund GC, I am going to book some random expensive hotel to use all my paypal GC, then do a refund so that the paypal GC becomes refund GC.
Solid plan, I might try this today
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19175 posts
483 upvotes
Shanghai, China
What's the maximum value that a GC can hold? Ideally I'll buy enough GCs to pay for a one week trip. Also, I noticed that some properties don't accept GCs. So how do I filter out the properties that don't accept any GCs as payment? Any other way to further maximize the value of the GC?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3757 posts
1134 upvotes
Ontario
combined my 3x cards on the phone, cant verify balance unless you go to account checkout and add the giftcard, then you can see your balance.
Mar 21, 2016
8 posts
Is there any expiry for these Hotel.com gift cards?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3757 posts
1134 upvotes
Ontario
terfex wrote: Is there any expiry for these Hotel.com gift cards?
on the phone she told me specifically *before combining them* that there was no expiry, so i imagine after combining they are still no expiry.

i'll be using mine before october.