Dec 5, 2009
25 posts
6 upvotes
7519 Ouimet
Dragonflyyvr wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 3:06 pm
OOS?
It wont take my paypal payment.
Same here. Payment won't go through. It keeps asking me to insert my card information in everytime I confirm payment.
Oct 7, 2003
286 posts
21 upvotes
deadice wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 6:23 pm
combined my 3x cards on the phone, cant verify balance unless you go to account checkout and add the giftcard, then you can see your balance.
you can verify the balance through the same number you called to reach csr who merged your cards...its the first prompt.....
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3729 posts
1111 upvotes
Ontario
darkmouf wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 7:01 pm
Same here. Payment won't go through. It keeps asking me to insert my card information in everytime I confirm payment.
when i tried to buy these during the last promo, mine did the same thing. what it is, they are out of stock, but the ebay listing isn't updated yet. so it blocks the payments instead. you wont be able to pay by paypal, credit card or anything else.
Jul 6, 2015
48 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
deadice wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 7:33 pm
when i tried to buy these during the last promo, mine did the same thing. what it is, they are out of stock, but the ebay listing isn't updated yet. so it blocks the payments instead. you wont be able to pay by paypal, credit card or anything else.
but my coworker was able to purchase 3 for herself.......one hour after i tried to purchase mine (unsuccessfully). maybe they did a re-stock.

my coworker is still waiting for the code tho... anyone knows how long it may take?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3729 posts
1111 upvotes
Ontario
Dragonflyyvr wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 7:43 pm
but my coworker was able to purchase 3 for herself.......one hour after i tried to purchase mine (unsuccessfully). maybe they did a re-stock.

my coworker is still waiting for the code tho... anyone knows how long it may take?
maybe you and i just got blocked from buying for some reason then. i tried everything, browsers, on my cell phone, different bank accounts, credit cards, nothing worked. then the listing was refreshed and it was OOS, hence my assumption.

giftcards for me came at 3am, 6hrs after ordering.
Sep 12, 2012
640 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 5:03 pm
What's the maximum value that a GC can hold? Ideally I'll buy enough GCs to pay for a one week trip. Also, I noticed that some properties don't accept GCs. So how do I filter out the properties that don't accept any GCs as payment? Any other way to further maximize the value of the GC?
Hotels.com has coupon codes on their website. They currently have a 10% off coupon code that expires March 31, 2019 for travel up to May 5, 2019. Also a 5% off discount code expires March 30, 2020 for travel up to June 29, 2020. They also have a rebate program.

https://ca.hotels.com/hotel-deals/coupon/

You can also use ebates.

Stack the gift cards with the coupon codes and ebates to further maximize the discounts. They update the coupons weekly so continue to check their site.
Last edited by hamandcheese on Mar 28th, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 7, 2003
286 posts
21 upvotes
there's a 5% off code?? cant see it on the site
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18913 posts
439 upvotes
YYZ
hamandcheese wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 8:46 pm
Hotels.com has coupon codes on their website. They currently have a 10% off coupon code that expires March 31, 2019 for travel up to May 5, 2019. Also a 5% off discount code expires March 30, 2020 for travel up to June 29, 2020. They also have a rebate program.

You can also use ebates.

Stack the gift cards with the coupon codes and ebates to further maximize the discounts. They update the coupons weekly so continue to check their site.
What's the maximum amount of GCs that I can buy? I wouldn't mind buying couple thousand dollars and then merge them.
May 27, 2017
29 posts
59 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 10:36 pm
What's the maximum amount of GCs that I can buy? I wouldn't mind buying couple thousand dollars and then merge them.
Maximum 3 gift cards per user.
$35/5GB - Koodo
$70 Huawei P20 - Koodo
Dec 5, 2009
25 posts
6 upvotes
7519 Ouimet
I have tried for 3 days with no luck. Wish there was a way to pay directly with a credit card.

When I log in to paypal it says processing than it brings me back to the checkout screen in Ebay asking me to put in my card information.

When I do and press DONE, it keeps asking me '' Add your credit card info ''.

Really strange.
Aug 27, 2014
335 posts
178 upvotes
I received my cards but the hotels.com online tool for combining gift cards hasn't been working for me for a couple of days. Are others having the same results?
Dec 14, 2009
163 posts
62 upvotes
Markham
LuxErus wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 10:35 am
I received my cards but the hotels.com online tool for combining gift cards hasn't been working for me for a couple of days. Are others having the same results?
Yes, you need to call them to combine cards.

Once done, you can check your balance by: Going into an actual hotel booking, select gift card balance, enter card number and pin, then "check balance". This seems to work even though their main gift card page is giving errors.
Mar 31, 2008
671 posts
385 upvotes
Airdrie
huicl2 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:51 pm
Yes, the $10 credit applied automatically when I purchased this gift card. Transaction completed about half an hour ago, still waiting for the gift card to arrive.
Was there any indication on the checkout page that you were receiving the $10 paypal credit? Or did you just cross your fingers and it showed up?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6629 posts
2466 upvotes
Toronto
hamandcheese wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 8:46 pm

You can also use ebates.

GCs or coupon codes can’t be stacked with eBates (I’ve tried), so the eBates are out, even with partial GC payment.