Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Buy $100 Hotels.com Gift Card for only $85 - Email Delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 8:42 pm
Nov 27, 2004
243 posts
24 upvotes
Ajax
I purchased 2 gift cards, I called to have them consolidated into one gift card. Then, I tried to make a booking on hotels.com, and tried, and tried, and tried. Every browser, hotels.com app, every single time it takes the gift card, but when I have to use my credit card, "Sorry, we are having some trouble at the moment, Please try again. There are some problems with the form that need to be verified. Please check the highlighted area." The highlighted area is the "security code" for my credit card. 4 different credit cards, 1 debit card, cache cleared, etc. I've spoken to them 4 times on the phone, and once on twitter where even they can't help and have put it over to Customer Service for Monday. The issue has been escalated, but I won't ever be booking a hotel through HOTELS.COM again!!!
If anyone has any ideas that I haven't tried, let me know.
Aug 13, 2008
38 posts
67 upvotes
Maple
Ordered 6 codes... Still waiting for them (currently 4 hours in)
Oct 14, 2017
55 posts
88 upvotes
BC
10% off code TAKE10MAR19 valid until midnight March 31 for select hotel bookings for dates to May 5.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1718 posts
119 upvotes
Anyone knows what I need to do to order from a new account, but same paypal account that I have previously used? I am getting the following error during checkout:

"We ran into a problem and PayPal isn't available right now. Please select a different payment option."

TIA
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1106 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
Unidays account will also give 10% off codes
(student discount)
Oct 24, 2010
325 posts
139 upvotes
Burnaby
Isn't it without any coupon give you a better deal?
Most of the coupon stated that "You can’t collect or redeem Hotels.com™ Rewards nights when you use this coupon. "
But Hotels.com™ Rewards nights is giving you buy 10 get 1 free, and you can upgrade to a Silver and Gold member.
Should I use the 10% off coupon?
https://ca.hotels.com/hotel-deals/coupon/
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1091 posts
388 upvotes
London, ON
chan1600 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 4:25 am
Isn't it without any coupon give you a better deal?
Most of the coupon stated that "You can’t collect or redeem Hotels.com™ Rewards nights when you use this coupon. "
But Hotels.com™ Rewards nights is giving you buy 10 get 1 free, and you can upgrade to a Silver and Gold member.
Should I use the 10% off coupon?
https://ca.hotels.com/hotel-deals/coupon/
10% off is somewhat equivalent to buy 10 get 1 free. The trick is to find a working code everytime you want to make a booking. Not all hotel chains will allow the coupon code to be applied (Marriott chain for example). You have to figure how long it will take before you will book 10 nights as well. It's a personal preference. I will usually use a coupon code myself as I don't use hotels.com for all my bookings. Everyone's travel habits and requirements are different.
Mar 30, 2018
188 posts
72 upvotes
Just got two cards, combined them over the phone. Booked with 10% off code, thanks OP
Jul 25, 2015
356 posts
149 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
In for 2, codes came by email in seconds. Never had an issue booking with GC.
Aug 27, 2014
335 posts
178 upvotes
davethegr8 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 6:52 am
10% off is somewhat equivalent to buy 10 get 1 free. The trick is to find a working code everytime you want to make a booking. Not all hotel chains will allow the coupon code to be applied (Marriott chain for example). You have to figure how long it will take before you will book 10 nights as well. It's a personal preference. I will usually use a coupon code myself as I don't use hotels.com for all my bookings. Everyone's travel habits and requirements are different.
I use a code whenever I can, because 8-10% in my pocket is always better than a potential 10% in a year (the free night). I typically use hotels.com to book smaller, independent hotels that accept gift cards as payment (those that don't or those that don't accept prepayments, I think). There always seems to be a decent code promo.

For Marriott, I would highly recommend waiting for ebates deals, they've had 10% a few times lately. Unless hotels.com can offer a reduced price, booking with the hotel will also land you Bonvoy points. Especially useful if you accumulate them through the Amex Bonvoy credit cards or the Cobalt.
Oct 24, 2010
325 posts
139 upvotes
Burnaby
raptorsfever wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 3:09 am
Anyone knows what I need to do to order from a new account, but same paypal account that I have previously used? I am getting the following error during checkout:

"We ran into a problem and PayPal isn't available right now. Please select a different payment option."

TIA
LuxErus wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 2:25 pm
I use a code whenever I can, because 8-10% in my pocket is always better than a potential 10% in a year (the free night). I typically use hotels.com to book smaller, independent hotels that accept gift cards as payment (those that don't or those that don't accept prepayments, I think). There always seems to be a decent code promo.

For Marriott, I would highly recommend waiting for ebates deals, they've had 10% a few times lately. Unless hotels.com can offer a reduced price, booking with the hotel will also land you Bonvoy points. Especially useful if you accumulate them through the Amex Bonvoy credit cards or the Cobalt.
Agree. After thinking about it, 10% is actually better and u instantly saved in the pocket, since buy 10 get 1 night only offer for the price average under the total value of the booking.
Then, I have to find a hotel that would match the average value, otherwise, I will need to pay extra for it. Plus Hotels.com free nights can expire. Free nights expire after 12 months if you have no activity in your account such as using a free night or staying at a hotel
Oct 29, 2004
782 posts
108 upvotes
GTA
I was trying to book a flight + hotel package and couldn't find anywhere to enter gift card number. Are gift cards only for hotel booking?
Nov 27, 2004
243 posts
24 upvotes
Ajax
srz5095 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 10:41 am
Just got two cards, combined them over the phone. Booked with 10% off code, thanks OP
Still haven't been able to make the reservation, but would love a 10% off code or where to find one.
Mar 30, 2018
188 posts
72 upvotes
The codes are

6%off : TAKE6APR19
$25 off WUS 250+: RUSH419
$10 off WUS 100: 100OFFCAD
5%off: MOB5

lt1218 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 9:42 am
Still haven't been able to make the reservation, but would love a 10% off code or where to find one.