[eBay.ca] Buy $100 Hotels.com Gift Card for only $85 - Email Delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 8:42 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6456 posts
538 upvotes
TO
if booking via HOTELS.com, it shows CAD total at the end, I suppose with the gift card it would convert automatically at that days exchange rate?

My first time buying it so wanted to know if I could buy two of these for a single room booking.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Apr 28, 2010
122 posts
95 upvotes
vancouver
jesus, when are they going to fix the Gift Card Balance Check thing. It hasnt been working for 2-3 days.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1117 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
2003fxdl wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 3:56 pm
Solid plan, I might try this today
did you get a chance to try
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1290 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to hold off on this one. I will go for next promotion when they fix all the issues with their GC website.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3658 posts
1072 upvotes
Edmonton
The listing you're looking for has ended.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3729 posts
1111 upvotes
Ontario
TorontoEh wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 10:11 am
if booking via HOTELS.com, it shows CAD total at the end, I suppose with the gift card it would convert automatically at that days exchange rate?

My first time buying it so wanted to know if I could buy two of these for a single room booking.
The giftcards are in CAD, so there is no conversion. Unless the hotel is listed as USD and internally hotels.com converts to CAD.
Aug 20, 2006
72 posts
3 upvotes
Etobicoke
Bought 3 gc and they sent me 2x$100 via email within 4hrs of ordering. After sending them an email, they sent me my final $100 gc. However, when I tried to combine the first two $100 gc’s are now invalid. What a mess...
Aug 11, 2012
155 posts
126 upvotes
Halifax
How are you guys checking balance or combining your gift cards? The site doesn't seem to work; is everyone calling customer service?
Jul 14, 2004
343 posts
37 upvotes
insinaty wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 9:02 am
How are you guys checking balance or combining your gift cards? The site doesn't seem to work; is everyone calling customer service?
Yeah I had to call in order to combine. The customer service line for gift cards is 1-888-999-4468.
For checking the balance though, if you go through the process of booking a hotel, before you pay you can enter the GC # and check the balance there.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18913 posts
439 upvotes
YYZ
Guys, I'm having trouble using my giftcards. I called Hotels.com to merge the three cards into one. Everytime I try to use my GC, I get an error message.
Sorry, we’re having some trouble at the moment. Please try again.
There are some problems with the form that need to be corrected. Please check the highlighted fields.
It's been like this all week. There are no highlighted fields. I don't see anything wrong with the information that I put in. The GC's balance is right. I don't understand what's going on. Help?
Apr 28, 2010
122 posts
95 upvotes
vancouver
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 7:38 am
Guys, I'm having trouble using my giftcards. I called Hotels.com to merge the three cards into one. Everytime I try to use my GC, I get an error message.

It's been like this all week. There are no highlighted fields. I don't see anything wrong with the information that I put in. The GC's balance is right. I don't understand what's going on. Help?
Incompetent customer service. I called them and was transferred to multiple departments who couldnt do anything about this.
Sep 14, 2009
355 posts
85 upvotes
Vancouver
heero78 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 2:09 pm
Incompetent customer service. I called them and was transferred to multiple departments who couldnt do anything about this.
I was bounced around departments too, but in my case they couldn't figure out how to combine two different "kinds" of gift cards.
Apr 28, 2010
122 posts
95 upvotes
vancouver
cardero wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 2:40 pm
I was bounced around departments too, but in my case they couldn't figure out how to combine two different "kinds" of gift cards.
I got you. I ran into the same problem too. None of these incompetent #$$ wanted to help and sent me on a joyride around the world.
I had to figure this thing out on my own.

Anyway, the fix is simple.
The reason why you cannot combine two different "kinds" of GC is because one of them is a refund GC (I am guessing you probably canceled a booking??) and the other GC is the "actual" GC.
So just find any hotel that offers free cancellation and book it with the "real" GC. Then cancel the booking right after it is confirmed.
They will send you a refund GC within 10-15 minutes.
You should have no problem combining them.

Good luck!