• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2022 8:41 pm
[OP]
May 15, 2012
786 posts
484 upvotes
NORTH YORK

[eBay.ca] Corsair K57 Wireless Gaming Keyboard - $40.00+Shipping

$40 for Brand New Corsair K57 Wireless Gaming Keyboard, from surplusbydesign on ebay. Shipping to GTA is $12.99.

You can also order directly on their website, where you can apply a 10% off sign-up coupon to make it $36 (recommend using Paypal for better purchase protection, for example return shipping coverage):
https://surplusbydesign.com/products/co ... s-keyboard

The seller also has this keyboard for auction on ebay almost everyday so you can try your luck, but be cautious the shipping will be $23.99 at least to GTA. I personally bought one and can confirm it is likely over-stock transferred from Staples Canada.

MSRP is $129.99, and it seems to go on sale frequently for $99-109. $40 seems good price for a cheap wireless keyboard lol
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1800 posts
2126 upvotes
Looks like a very solid price even for rubber dome. You can't get a wireless keyboard for much cheaper anywhere.

I remember this website, they used to be solid. Haven't touch them for years, but still.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2111 posts
2108 upvotes
Montreal
Love this seller « surplusbydesign »
One of the best ebay canadian sellers
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1364 posts
612 upvotes
Victoria
I recently bought something from surplusbydesign's on Ebay. New in box item (speaker) that was no longer in active production, but with specs I wanted (waterproof, portable, bluetooth/wifi, and google home). It was a perfect solution for a backyard speaker with voice controls (I didn't really want a mounted outdoor speaker that had voice access to my google home). It was highly discounted off what it originally retailed for in store and compared to anything similar I could find. Similar shipping on top of the price, but still a great deal. Quick shipping also even from Ontario to the west coast.
Sep 14, 2011
105 posts
66 upvotes
Alberta
FYI,

This is not a mechanical keyboard and is a membrane switch keyboard.

Not my type, but still a good deal.
Oct 19, 2019
478 posts
589 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
LMAO this is a joke right? How can a membrane keyboard have MSRP of $129? This keyboard is $60 at best in terms of value. So $40+ shipping you barely save any money. You need to compare the price with the value of the item instead of just looking at MSRP and think it's a good deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1928 posts
2469 upvotes
catlover1299 wrote: LMAO this is a joke right? How can a membrane keyboard have MSRP of $129? This keyboard is $60 at best in terms of value. So $40+ shipping you barely save any money. You need to compare the price with the value of the item instead of just looking at MSRP and think it's a good deal.
not everyone knows what the true values are.

All RGB keyboards are $99.99+ to me. RGB makes me stronger, faster, and brighter.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Nov 5, 2013
45 posts
28 upvotes
Saint John
I have been using this keyboard for quite a while and thoroughly enjoy it. Great battery life when unplugged, keys are solid. Definitely a good buy if you don't like mechanical keyboards.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2095 posts
2118 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Cucumference wrote: Looks like a very solid price even for rubber dome. You can't get a wireless keyboard for much cheaper anywhere.

I remember this website, they used to be solid. Haven't touch them for years, but still.
60%, mechanical red switches, hotswap switches, bluetooth, 2.4, and usb type C, RGB

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=180213

membrane keyboards at this price are not worth
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1840 posts
1037 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
How can a rubber dome keyboard at this price be HOT?!?!

There are Oeteum blue switch keyboard on sale for $19 including shipping now and then on Amazon.ca.....
Nov 19, 2017
133 posts
149 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: How can a rubber dome keyboard at this price be HOT?!?!

There are Oeteum blue switch keyboard on sale for $19 including shipping now and then on Amazon.ca.....
Macro keys, media keys, full size, built in hand rest, build quality, well known brand for solid warranty.

You really can't figure this out on your own? People would prefer a solid membrane rather than a dodgy mech.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1928 posts
2469 upvotes
RickJamesWasRight wrote: Macro keys, media keys, full size, built in hand rest, build quality, well known brand for solid warranty.

You really can't figure this out on your own? People would prefer a solid membrane rather than a dodgy mech.
exactly. RGB itself is worth 68 bucks, minimum.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1840 posts
1037 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
RickJamesWasRight wrote: Macro keys, media keys, full size, built in hand rest, build quality, well known brand for solid warranty.

The $19 keyboard has Macro binding (no dedicated key , but close enough) , media key (fn + yes!), full size (yes), hand rest (you can get a very high quality foam rest from Aliexpress for like $5....), well known brand (more like an overpriced brand), you calling Outemu blue mech dodgy?! you clearly haven't tried any of them, it's slightly even higher than Cherry, and the only downside is it's a bit louder than Cherry, while everything else surpasses Cherry.....I had 2 Outemu blue at home for 4 years, all worked perfectly, while your so-called "Cherry“ brand had 2 blues already stuck...
Nov 1, 2008
773 posts
648 upvotes
Canada

Amen brother! Was gonna say the same thing. You gotta compare all the features and not just mechanical vs rubber dome. Not everyone like the feel and sound of mechanical keyboards as well. Seems like people are judging everyone by their own preferences.
==================================================
Jan 5, 2021
20 posts
18 upvotes
Yeah this might be good for someone like me who HATES mechanical keyboards because of how loud they are. Yes I know quiet caps exist but I'm still now interested.

Question - how does this charge? The wire or does it use AAs?
Nov 5, 2013
45 posts
28 upvotes
Saint John
laserbullets wrote: Yeah this might be good for someone like me who HATES mechanical keyboards because of how loud they are. Yes I know quiet caps exist but I'm still now interested.

Question - how does this charge? The wire or does it use AAs?
It charges using a micro USB I believe.
Oct 6, 2010
97 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks for this! Was able to buy via auction. Needed something quiet and wireless.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)