Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Dyson Official eBay store - 20% off select refurb vacuums (V8 = $287.99, V7 = $223.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 3:36 pm
Jun 9, 2016
128 posts
609 upvotes
Suthek wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 11:56 pm
Any working ebay coupons to stack with this?
if not, i hope the prices stay low until the next 15% off coupon.
If you haven't purchased in the last 12 months you might get a coupon. https://welcome.ebay.ca/Welcome/
Jul 19, 2018
115 posts
118 upvotes
Love my Dyson V8 but I have to warn that the battery does degrade pretty quickly, at least in my case. I do a deep vacuum of my apartment around 1-2 times weekly which usually completely depletes the charge and several quick vacuums sporadically through the week. With this usage I'd say after a year the battery has degraded at least 30-40%. I used to be able to do the entire apartment easily and it now does not last long enough to do everything and I need to break it up into multiple sessions.

I've decided to get a Miele as my main vacuum and keep the Dyson as my "broom" for quick pickups in the kitchen and wherever else. I really do love the Dyson and the convenience is really amazing once you try it but I need something a little more heavy duty. I do not regret the purchase and will likely end up replacing the battery if it keeps getting worse.
Jul 25, 2018
583 posts
905 upvotes
Milton, ON
ohwowhi wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 12:12 pm
Love my Dyson V8 but I have to warn that the battery does degrade pretty quickly, at least in my case. I do a deep vacuum of my apartment around 1-2 times weekly which usually completely depletes the charge and several quick vacuums sporadically through the week. With this usage I'd say after a year the battery has degraded at least 30-40%. I used to be able to do the entire apartment easily and it now does not last long enough to do everything and I need to break it up into multiple sessions.

I've decided to get a Miele as my main vacuum and keep the Dyson as my "broom" for quick pickups in the kitchen and wherever else. I really do love the Dyson and the convenience is really amazing once you try it but I need something a little more heavy duty. I do not regret the purchase and will likely end up replacing the battery if it keeps getting worse.
I second this, my <2 year old V8 lasts half as long as it used to. I'll probably pull the trigger on a V10 next time there's a hot deal..
Dec 24, 2011
225 posts
95 upvotes
toronto
My house top floor is carpeted but main floor and basement are hardwood is Big Ball Canister vaccum- $299.99 save $60.00 = $239.99 good enough for both type of floors?
Nov 22, 2015
4 posts
1 upvote
We have a similar older model (I can’t remenber which one and I don’t feel like checking) but it does a great job on all floorings in our home, carpet, hardwood, tile, laminate. 2500sq ft home plus finished basement
Feb 27, 2008
951 posts
422 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
JoelK22976 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 1:24 pm
I second this, my <2 year old V8 lasts half as long as it used to. I'll probably pull the trigger on a V10 next time there's a hot deal..
I haven't looked into it, but apparently on Amazon, good replacement batteries are about $50. And I wouldn't presume the V10 is better, some reviewers say that the V8 is the best of the line.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1326 posts
173 upvotes
London, ON
The battery on my 2 year old V6 degraded so badly that it won't last 1 minute.
Just bought a replacement battery on Amazon (3rd party brand) for $50 and it's happy now. Not sure how long it will last though.