• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 11:14 am
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
323 posts
247 upvotes
Georgetown

[eBay.ca] Dyson Official Outlet - AM07 Tower Fan - 1 YEAR WARRANTY - $209.99

Cheaper than the additional 20% sale we had last week. I picked one up during the sale and I must say it is quieter then it's previous versions. Debating on picking up another one at this price.

Dyson Official Outlet - AM07 Tower Fan - 1 YEAR WARRANTY
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dyson-Official-O ... SwOjpZcOhv
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1687 posts
932 upvotes
Kitchener
It was actually this price during the sale as well, at least near the end of the sale.
Item price $209.99 CAD
Shipping and handling $0.00 CAD
Insurance - not offered ----
Tax $27.30 CAD
Other discounts -$42.00 CAD
Total $195.29 CAD
Payment $195.29 CAD
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2367 posts
802 upvotes
Ottawa
I've played with some Dyson fans in stores and they are quite amazing. But what are the benefits when compared to a $30 dollar tower fan? (aside from being quieter)

I got a Dyson vacuum which for the most part is really good, but I'm having trouble justifying a $200 fan.
Mar 16, 2015
27 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eugene188 wrote: I've played with some Dyson fans in stores and they are quite amazing. But what are the benefits when compared to a $30 dollar tower fan? (aside from being quieter)

I got a Dyson vacuum which for the most part is really good, but I'm having trouble justifying a $200 fan.
I bought a Dyson fan because my old tower fan was a pain to clean. I had to take the entire thing apart just to get to the blades. This reason, and the overall aesthetic of the Dyson fans, is why I decided to pick one up during the refurbished sale this past week. I love it so far but still question the cost even at half the regular price of a new one.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1564 posts
110 upvotes
I saw this last week. Additional 20% and Ebates 1%. Decided to pass on it.

I don’t see the benefit of just the fan. You won’t be able to clean the blades inside (which does get very dusty over time). The same blades are in the AM10, open it up in store and you’ll know what I mean.

I would recommend the heater or the humidifier instead since they double as a fan as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2367 posts
802 upvotes
Ottawa
Kowala wrote: I bought a Dyson fan because my old tower fan was a pain to clean. I had to take the entire thing apart just to get to the blades. This reason, and the overall aesthetic of the Dyson fans, is why I decided to pick one up during the refurbished sale this past week. I love it so far but still question the cost even at half the regular price of a new one.
ok. when I got the dyson vaccum I realized there were 2 things I don't like about it, but after the first use I didn't question the price I paid for it, Since I don't use fan that often I think ill pass.
DYJ wrote: I saw this last week. Additional 20% and Ebates 1%. Decided to pass on it.

I don’t see the benefit of just the fan. You won’t be able to clean the blades inside (which does get very dusty over time). The same blades are in the AM10, open it up in store and you’ll know what I mean.

I would recommend the heater or the humidifier instead since they double as a fan as well.
fan + heater combo definitely makes more sense for usability.