Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Dyson Official Outlet: Dyson V8H Refurb - $343.99 (20% off) from Dyson eBay Outlet, V8B $287.99 | V7B $223.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2019 5:22 pm
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
531 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
mikewong37 wrote: Ordered one on February 6th, delivered by Purolator on February 13th (Edmonton). The item looks to be in excellent condition, however the box wax crushed/ opened and the extension wand has scratches all along it. Not sure if this was caused due to shipping.
Hello Mike,

We're sorry to hear that your item was damaged. Can you please email us the tracking number? We'll report this incident to local management for you.

Regards,
James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com
Email: customer.care@purolator.com
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1171 posts
470 upvotes
FYI seems like v7 has dropped to 299$ at most retail stores. For the price difference might be a better option with 2yr warranty...
Nov 23, 2015
4 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought a refurbished V8 absolute and the battery only lasted 1 year and 4 months. It was past their 1 year warranty so they refused to replace it. Also, V8 replacement batteries are sold out on Dysons website. Consumer Reports has recently taken Dyson vacuums off their recommended list because they have the worst reliability rating compared to other brands, like Shark. I basically spent $300 for a vacuum that lasted less than 2 years. Just letting ya'll know.
Dec 7, 2012
339 posts
313 upvotes
BC
bobbyg9 wrote: FYI seems like v7 has dropped to 299$ at most retail stores. For the price difference might be a better option with 2yr warranty...
Which retail stores?
Nov 3, 2012
113 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal
bobbyg9 wrote: FYI seems like v7 has dropped to 299$ at most retail stores. For the price difference might be a better option with 2yr warranty...
What are the major differences between the v7 and v8?
Nov 28, 2010
654 posts
414 upvotes
decent price too on the Big Ball multifloor canister @ 270 $.

I've been eyeing those for a while now. Anybody has historic price on them ?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Is v8h just the model name for a "refurb of v8animal"? Or is v8h actually the model name of the v8 animal, so it's actually a "refurbed v8h"?

And what is v8b then? Like the regular non refurb name, just V8?
Oct 11, 2015
52 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fightbriz wrote: Is v8h just the model name for a "refurb of v8animal"? Or is v8h actually the model name of the v8 animal, so it's actually a "refurbed v8h"?

And what is v8b then? Like the regular non refurb name, just V8?
V8H = Absolute, so it comes with the hard floor head as well

V8B = Normal V8. Some people have gotten the standard V8, others the V8 Animal.
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
uwcire wrote: I bought a refurbished V8 absolute and the battery only lasted 1 year and 4 months. It was past their 1 year warranty so they refused to replace it. Also, V8 replacement batteries are sold out on Dysons website. Consumer Reports has recently taken Dyson vacuums off their recommended list because they have the worst reliability rating compared to other brands, like Shark. I basically spent $300 for a vacuum that lasted less than 2 years. Just letting ya'll know.
Same here, bought my V6b and battery died shortly after warranty expired (approx 1 year and 2 months of usage). Couldn't get the battery replace since warranty expired, so I took apart the dyson battery and salvage bunch of 18650 from it. Test and individual charged every single one of the 18650 and they all working perfectly. I suspected the main board control of charging battery died.
Anyway, i end up bought a aftermarket battery from amazon and it worked perfectly. For those 18650, i use them in my LED torchlight and they perform nicely.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
uwcire wrote: I bought a refurbished V8 absolute and the battery only lasted 1 year and 4 months. It was past their 1 year warranty so they refused to replace it. Also, V8 replacement batteries are sold out on Dysons website. Consumer Reports has recently taken Dyson vacuums off their recommended list because they have the worst reliability rating compared to other brands, like Shark. I basically spent $300 for a vacuum that lasted less than 2 years. Just letting ya'll know.
So are you saying it's impossible to get a replacement battery? Ebay?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
skhangura wrote: V8H = Absolute, so it comes with the hard floor head as well

V8B = Normal V8. Some people have gotten the standard V8, others the V8 Animal.
Their naming is so confusing.. So V8B could be either animal or standard? Why not have a different letter for each like v8a and v8s? And what's the difference between animal and standard?

Also, is the whole v8 line discontinued? Their website lists v6/v7/v10, no mentiom of v8 anymore
Jan 13, 2009
362 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: ...Also, is the whole v8 line discontinued? Their website lists v6/v7/v10, no mentiom of v8 anymore
When I talked to them, they told me that it was not discontinued but had what I would call "semi-exclusive" deals with Costco and Canadian Tire where you will see the V8 listed.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Jammer005 wrote: When I talked to them, they told me that it was not discontinued but had what I would call "semi-exclusive" deals with Costco and Canadian Tire where you will see the V8 listed.
That's dumb tho, you can't even find information about it on their own website? I mean they can have all the info, then be like exclusively sold at Costco
Oct 5, 2002
549 posts
262 upvotes
I have many Dyson products : DC43H, V6, V7, two V10’s, and a HP-02 link hot cold purifier. The performance is excellent, the quality good, and the customer service terrible (for my specific situations).

For anyone who has CARPET and considering a V7 or V8 don’t buy it. Go for the V10. Google Dyson V7 V8 static shock or electric shock. My V7 shocks me every 30 seconds and has become unusable. I live chatted with Dyson and have a transcript of our conversation. Basically Dyson knows about the issue and their solution is to wipe down ENTIRE machine with laundry dryer sheet prior to using and to not hold your hand close to the handle grip where the charging port is. The charging port of the V10 has been relocated to prevent this problem.

It’s a serious problem and the static shock is extremely strong. But Dyson said if they send me a new unit, the issue will still occur !?!?

My other issue was a V6 battery that didn’t hold its charge after 6 months. Again customer service gave me the run around. I continue to buy Dyson because of performance and luckily bought at decent prices thanks to RFD. But my customer service experiences have been a total waste of time.
Jan 13, 2009
362 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: That's dumb tho, you can't even find information about it on their own website? I mean they can have all the info, then be like exclusively sold at Costco
I agree. To me it looks like it's being discontinued. FWIW, the .com site has the V8 listed.
Feb 25, 2007
321 posts
199 upvotes
Currently on my second refurb V8H. Having the same problem. Plugged into charger and it fully charges. Start using the vacuum and it dies after a minute (single flashing bar). Plug it back in and the battery immediately shows 3 bars. About to give up and try to get my money back. This is a sham. Two dud units one after the other.
Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
@mac_ec does yours do that in normal or MAX mode? Because mine does that in MAX mode, it runs for a few seconds then shuts off, the same thing single flashing light. I plug it in for 1 second and then it shows as 3 bars and the same thing again and again and again.
Jan 13, 2015
125 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver, bc
Hi all,
My upright is about to die, what would you replace it with, the dc33? Lots of pets so I'd need something powerful that can plug in.
Feb 25, 2007
321 posts
199 upvotes
DianaN71218 wrote: @mac_ec does yours do that in normal or MAX mode? Because mine does that in MAX mode, it runs for a few seconds then shuts off, the same thing single flashing light. I plug it in for 1 second and then it shows as 3 bars and the same thing again and again and again.
In MAX mode it dies immediately after 1-2 seconds. In normal mode I get about 30 second to a minute. But symptoms are the same.

Never buying refurb battery units again. We bought a new dyson handheld 5 years ago and that thing still runs like a beast.