Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Dyson Official Outlet - V10B Cordless Vacuum, Colour may vary, Refurbished - $389.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2020 5:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2590 posts
1555 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Dyson Official Outlet - V10B Cordless Vacuum, Colour may vary, Refurbished - $389.99

Bigger bin than V10MH with a Torque Drive Cleaner head.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2091 posts
749 upvotes
Just picked this up from Dyson outlet for same price. Only one small scratch. Def worth the discount
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1429 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
I believe they were selling the V10 brand new for $399 at most retailers during black friday, might be worthwhile to see the boxing day sales.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1049 posts
252 upvotes
nyxsonder wrote: I believe they were selling the V10 brand new for $399 at most retailers during black friday, might be worthwhile to see the boxing day sales.
Confirmed. I picked one up for $399 at Canadian Tire couple weeks ago. Bestbuy and Dyson also offered the sale price as far as I know. I'd def wait for boxing week to see what happens.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2590 posts
1555 upvotes
nyxsonder wrote: I believe they were selling the V10 brand new for $399 at most retailers during black friday, might be worthwhile to see the boxing day sales.
this one has a slightly bigger dust bin and torque drive head. It depends on your needs but the torque drive head is $142 retail
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14569 posts
8975 upvotes
Toronto
I don't understand how refurbs are hot deals. If it was like save 50% or 75% I could understand. Seems like the dyson ebay refurbs are a hot deal every other day.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 18, 2005
188 posts
107 upvotes
koffey wrote: I don't understand how refurbs are hot deals. If it was like save 50% or 75% I could understand. Seems like the dyson ebay refurbs are a hot deal every other day.
It's because, in many cases, they are just store returns. I've bought a few and they were as good as new with no packaging. I'm still rocking my V6 absolute (with both the brush head and soft felt for hard floors) that I got for $200 refurbed about 5 years ago.

Now looking to upgrade and these posts are very helpful as I will likely buy a refurb this way.
Dec 8, 2009
63 posts
46 upvotes
Pierrefonds
This vacuum is the best. I've had it for 3 years and use it every day.
It's quite fun to operate a vacuum without worrying about the cord.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10851 posts
1976 upvotes
V6 Absolute was released 5 years ago at $600 USD. $200 refurb CAD is definitely a lava hot deal, it's like $200 for this V10B in OP.

Just to clarify that the V10B in OP comes with torque head which is on sale for Boxing Week price for $579 now. The previous $399 V10 was the motorhead. But if you don't mind refurb, V11H at $550 Dyson ebay store is a better deal.
Poco wrote: It's because, in many cases, they are just store returns. I've bought a few and they were as good as new with no packaging. I'm still rocking my V6 absolute (with both the brush head and soft felt for hard floors) that I got for $200 refurbed about 5 years ago.

Now looking to upgrade and these posts are very helpful as I will likely buy a refurb this way.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Dec 26, 2012
869 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
Androidmarshmellow wrote: this one has a slightly bigger dust bin and torque drive head. It depends on your needs but the torque drive head is $142 retail
We use this vacuum every day and love it but we prefer the soft roller head for hardwood floors vs torque drive head we find is better for carpets.
Jan 25, 2007
344 posts
158 upvotes
Whitby
Yeah.. I picked this up from Best Buy for this price. It was an additional $100 for the warranty, but I get 7 years total coverage, which is pretty sweet on something like this that will probably go bad in a few years (battery, roller etc.).
Oct 11, 2011
55 posts
29 upvotes
CALGARY
Is there a reason we keep recommending eBay instead of Dyson’s own online store which also allows for seemingly free returns? Same refurbs & prices all appear to be available there.

https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/dyson-out ... um-cleaner

Admittedly I’m pretty torn between this and the tineco s11 on sale, I just picked up the v7 Motorhead with the price match as an upgrade to my v6 origin. Regretting it as I feel incredibly lied to by Dyson with the whole “30 minute battery marketing” only when not using the power head vs my v6 despite them being identical. Even printing it on photos of the power head and box is kinda false advertising.

06448F0B-93F8-4D74-975D-B2E32AFC5C78.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4186 posts
1289 upvotes
Vancouver
MicroClaric wrote: Admittedly I’m pretty torn between this and the tineco s11 on sale, I just picked up the v7 Motorhead with the price match as an upgrade to my v6 origin. Regretting it as I feel incredibly lied to by Dyson with the whole “30 minute battery marketing” only when not using the power head vs my v6 despite them being identical. Even printing it on photos of the power head and box is kinda false advertising.
What are you paying for the V7 "upgrade?" Is this really an upgrade? I just stepped up to the V10 during the Black Friday sale and it does in fact offer an "upgrade" in many respects but battery life is still not one of them. You have to be really careful in reading the performance numbers from a third-party. Dyson is able to advertise dramatically longer run-times each revision but usually they're conditional, ie. they cut power and not used with a motorhead. The V10 brushhead is supposed to be better than the V6 brushhead, but they cut the amount of air watts to allow for a longer runtime. The standard, medium power mode lasts as long as the V6 normal mode with only slightly more suction power. The Max mode generates about 50% more suction power.

From what I understand, the brushhead on the V7 may have been improved for better cleaning but they cut the air watts down to 21AW to keep the same 20 minute runtime as on the V6. The max air watts is still 100.
Removed external link in signature.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2590 posts
1555 upvotes
MicroClaric wrote: Is there a reason we keep recommending eBay instead of Dyson’s own online store which also allows for seemingly free returns? Same refurbs & prices all appear to be available there.

https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/dyson-out ... um-cleaner

Admittedly I’m pretty torn between this and the tineco s11 on sale, I just picked up the v7 Motorhead with the price match as an upgrade to my v6 origin. Regretting it as I feel incredibly lied to by Dyson with the whole “30 minute battery marketing” only when not using the power head vs my v6 despite them being identical. Even printing it on photos of the power head and box is kinda false advertising.

06448F0B-93F8-4D74-975D-B2E32AFC5C78.jpeg
I end up going with Dyson cuz of the emptying bin function. Many videos show S11 clean up to be quite messy in comparison
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10851 posts
1976 upvotes
All of them are messy. But V11 torque drive has bigger bin so you have less messy events. This is the only reason why I skip S12 and leaning to the V11 outsize. I actually prefer S12 design as it only opens the bottom lid, so you can wrap a plastic bag around to block the dust mist. On the V11, it opens both at top and bottom. So you will have back flow dust mist coming from the top as well as from the dumpster. I have a Dyson V6 and I only use it for spot cleans over the years for this reason.

Androidmarshmellow wrote: I end up going with Dyson cuz of the emptying bin function. Many videos show S11 clean up to be quite messy in comparison
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2795 posts
449 upvotes
Anyone know cheapest way to get an extra wall mount?
Oct 11, 2011
55 posts
29 upvotes
CALGARY
lhsonic wrote: What are you paying for the V7 "upgrade?" Is this really an upgrade? I just stepped up to the V10 during the Black Friday sale and it does in fact offer an "upgrade" in many respects but battery life is still not one of them. You have to be really careful in reading the performance numbers from a third-party.
Mostly because my mom has been bugging me to sell her my v6 so I thought it would be a good time to bump up a little. Was expecting that since it’s heavily marketing as 30 and thought the 70$ difference was decent for an extra 50% battery life. The bump up on the v10 might be worth it for that little extra however the a11 or s11 deal seem like they might be better than the Dyson refurb. Will have to look more into the emptying aspect of them.