[eBay.ca] Dyson Official Outlet - V8B Cordless Vacuum, Refurbished - $264.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 1:54 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3336 posts
2540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
lazy_prodigy wrote: How well does the regular brush head do on hardwood? Is the fluffy roller brush a must-have for hardwood and tile?
It works very well. We don’t use the soft roller any more. Just bomb around between carpet, hardwood and rugs with the hard roller.
So certainly for us, the Absolute version with soft roller isn't needed, it's just a sales thing. Our hardwood floors are original 1886 birch with three layers of varnish. Rock hard.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Dec 13, 2017
10 posts
6 upvotes
ScruffyMcScruff wrote: Where did you get yours? I'm still debating if I'd get this instead of the V8. At Bed Bath & Beyond you could apply the 20% coupon and it's the same price.

I got from Amazon
Mar 4, 2008
510 posts
83 upvotes
BC
ScruffyMcScruff wrote: Where did you get yours? I'm still debating if I'd get this instead of the V8. At Bed Bath & Beyond you could apply the 20% coupon and it's the same price.
I just made an order for the Shark Pet Pro on the sharkninja website with a 10% coupon code via email sign up. I missed the Friends and Family 25% sale. But if you buy on their website for some reason it doesnt convert USD to CAD on your credit card and are charged in USD amount. Also free shipping and handling with 60 day garauntee and 5 year warranty. So for me I ended up getting charged $269 and apparently if you phone in to cancel the order and say you are buying a Dyson, they may give you 20% off as well, I am soon going to try that.

I just wonder how this V8 compares to the Shark Pet Pro as they are about the same price.
Feb 20, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP! I just ordered this V8B after checking daily on RFD for a good price these past couple weeks. Also used Rakuten and tried the Ebay invite only promo code but that didn't work. I'm hoping this vacuum will increase our pet hair removal game in our off-grid tiny house.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3168 posts
2627 upvotes
Toronto
lazy_prodigy wrote: How well does the regular brush head do on hardwood? Is the fluffy roller brush a must-have for hardwood and tile?
It is fine, it has soft bristles on it that sweeps closely to the ground and agitates the embedded dust. It is still their universal head, you get the convenience of not having to switch around when you go from carpet and hardwood. My only reason for using the fluffy soft roller is because it doesn't tangle with long hair like the regular brush roller does.
Jan 22, 2019
275 posts
213 upvotes
I'm waiting for the V11 to go on sale. Used it at my friends and that thing is amazing. I still have the V6 and it's still going strong.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2356 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the V7 last year some time from the same ebay account. The motorhead portion of the vacuum arrived DOA.
Called their support line and the rep asked a few questions. A brand-new motorhead had been sent out shortly after.
Based on that (good) experience, bought a refurb Dyson Supersonic from the same seller (dyson Canada). No issues at all.
Oct 7, 2003
350 posts
78 upvotes
EarthViews wrote: I'm waiting for the V11 to go on sale. Used it at my friends and that thing is amazing. I still have the V6 and it's still going strong.
the refurb is on sale $100 off both V11 models
Mar 1, 2017
296 posts
63 upvotes
acidcaribou wrote: In for one, thanks OP.
This is my last shot giving Dyson & Dyson refurbs a try.

This will be my third, and I've never gotten one to last more than 2 years.
My 2 year old V6 has a brush head that won't spin, and needed a $150 replacement.
I'll keep it as a dust buster, but I expect better for the $$.
Haven’t you heard the expression ‘fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”?
Apr 26, 2020
22 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
guardiangod wrote: Is this the one you are looking for?
Yes but I realized I didn't make it clear. I was looking for the Rocket Pet Pro, not just the Rocket Pro. Only the Pet Pro has the sealed system like the Dyson V8. The one I showed from BBB is the Rocket Pet Pro which can be had for $264.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
33581 posts
3662 upvotes
Winnipeg
MtX wrote: I tried the V10 Cyclone the other day and the MAX Suction died in 6 minutes.
Yeah that is how long my v7 lasts but while it is running, it does suck very hard.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
33581 posts
3662 upvotes
Winnipeg
mikefly wrote: Haven’t you heard the expression ‘fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”?
No issue with my v7 after 2 years, although I did get it new.