Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Dyson Refurb Vacuum sale v10B 399$ v8B 269$!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2019 7:35 pm
Oct 5, 2003
305 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver BC
Which one comes with bigger/longer battery?
Nov 1, 2015
562 posts
393 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
IceCreamGee wrote:
Aug 30th, 2019 11:46 pm
V10B is the V10 Animal without the mini motorhead and soft dusting brush. Compared to the v10 MH the V10B comes with the newer torque motor head and larger bin capacity
Is the soft dusting brush the fluffy head everyone won't shut up about? Because I think I need that on my floors.. I swiffer then use my useless $20 vacuum from Canadian Tire and my feet are black by the end of the night. =/
Dec 8, 2012
561 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
After reading the wirecutter’s review, I ordered V8 as cheaper and better unit
Thanks op!
Jan 22, 2009
72 posts
79 upvotes
BBQPEANUT wrote:
Aug 30th, 2019 11:14 pm
Can someone explain why Dyson has so many refurbished vacuum cleaners?
I think Dyson vacuum is overhyped. At the end of the day, it just sucks (literally). What else does it do? People thought there's some magic in this little machine but reality is that it's just a vacuum cleaner.
The first time my wife used a V7 (borrowed) to vacuum our car's carpet, it was all disappointment. Battery was dead quickly (before finishing the whole task). Suction was okay but it definitely couldn't pull all the dirt out from carpet's lint.

Plus they are quite expensive and I'm sure people tend to give a 2nd thought more frequently so return rate is super high.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4188 posts
1287 upvotes
Dennisrfd wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 1:19 am
After reading the wirecutter’s review, I ordered V8 as cheaper and better unit
Thanks op!
I read that as well. I don’t get how it can be better than the v10.
Nov 1, 2015
562 posts
393 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Warped wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 12:41 am
All gone? Deal dead?

Nevermind.
Go here
What's that fsub thing in the link?
Feb 15, 2005
568 posts
227 upvotes
Calgary
chongb wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 2:06 am
I think Dyson vacuum is overhyped. At the end of the day, it just sucks (literally). What else does it do? People thought there's some magic in this little machine but reality is that it's just a vacuum cleaner.
The first time my wife used a V7 (borrowed) to vacuum our car's carpet, it was all disappointment. Battery was dead quickly (before finishing the whole task). Suction was okay but it definitely couldn't pull all the dirt out from carpet's lint.

Plus they are quite expensive and I'm sure people tend to give a 2nd thought more frequently so return rate is super high.
Disagree. You've had one bad anecdote from a used older Dyson.

Ive only purchased refurb Dyson sticks.
From the first original to V6 to v8 and now I'm going to buy v10.
Dyson has the best service in any company I've dealt with. Battery doesn't hold charge? They'll replace chargers/batteries, etc. Free shipping. Suction isn't that good? Free tune up at a service center.

Selling I don't even lose money.

Try the v10. 40min battery is insane. If you aren't happy, you can easily resell at this price.
Jan 22, 2009
72 posts
79 upvotes
evilution wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 3:12 am
Disagree. You've had one bad anecdote from a used older Dyson.

Ive only purchased refurb Dyson sticks.
From the first original to V6 to v8 and now I'm going to buy v10.
Dyson has the best service in any company I've dealt with. Battery doesn't hold charge? They'll replace chargers/batteries, etc. Free shipping. Suction isn't that good? Free tune up at a service center.

Selling I don't even lose money.

Try the v10. 40min battery is insane. If you aren't happy, you can easily resell at this price.
Not an used older Dyson. Bought it brand new a month ago from Best Buy. It was a gift to mother in law and we borrowed from her to try it out.
I didn't say they are bad but rather stated why so many people return it ; therefore, lots of refurb unit out there.

We probably will check out some Dyson deals when Black Friday comes.
Nov 22, 2012
616 posts
350 upvotes
VANCOUVER
chongb wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 2:06 am

Not to rain on your parade but vacuuming cars with it sucks. In a bad way.

I have a V7 and 8 and neither are used to clean cars. I use my shop vac with the detailers kit that has the flexible ultra long hose and an absurd amount of suction. It's really only meant to spot clean cars.

Use that same V7 to clean the house or the drapes and my god is it outstanding. Only thing better would obviously be a V8 or V10.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6696 posts
1255 upvotes
Mont-Royal
the ryobi is better guys.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1546 posts
1410 upvotes
Alberta
I've been waiting for a deal for the v11, but I know my wife wants one of these soon. Really tempted to get this v10b. Is this the best deal that's been offered to date on this model?

Any downside to ordering these refurbs such as battery lifetime expectancy?
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3175 posts
535 upvotes
GTA
I'm thinking of getting the V10B Vacuum but I'm curious if the length of the long pipe will work with my height? I'm 6'6 tall with back problems, will this vacuum work well for me? I also have a golden retriever and he's a shed monster