Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Dyson Refurb Vacuum sale v10B 399$ v8B 269$!

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2019 7:35 pm
Member
User avatar
Oct 5, 2003
305 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver BC
Which one comes with bigger/longer battery?
Sr. Member
Nov 1, 2015
835 posts
775 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
IceCreamGee wrote: V10B is the V10 Animal without the mini motorhead and soft dusting brush. Compared to the v10 MH the V10B comes with the newer torque motor head and larger bin capacity
Is the soft dusting brush the fluffy head everyone won't shut up about? Because I think I need that on my floors.. I swiffer then use my useless $20 vacuum from Canadian Tire and my feet are black by the end of the night. =/
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2012
627 posts
277 upvotes
Calgary
After reading the wirecutter’s review, I ordered V8 as cheaper and better unit
Thanks op!
Jr. Member
Jan 22, 2009
119 posts
122 upvotes
BBQPEANUT wrote: Can someone explain why Dyson has so many refurbished vacuum cleaners?
I think Dyson vacuum is overhyped. At the end of the day, it just sucks (literally). What else does it do? People thought there's some magic in this little machine but reality is that it's just a vacuum cleaner.
The first time my wife used a V7 (borrowed) to vacuum our car's carpet, it was all disappointment. Battery was dead quickly (before finishing the whole task). Suction was okay but it definitely couldn't pull all the dirt out from carpet's lint.

Plus they are quite expensive and I'm sure people tend to give a 2nd thought more frequently so return rate is super high.
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 15, 2016
6058 posts
2038 upvotes
Dennisrfd wrote: After reading the wirecutter’s review, I ordered V8 as cheaper and better unit
Thanks op!
I read that as well. I don’t get how it can be better than the v10.
Sr. Member
Nov 1, 2015
835 posts
775 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Warped wrote: All gone? Deal dead?

Nevermind.
Go here
What's that fsub thing in the link?
Sr. Member
Feb 15, 2005
588 posts
244 upvotes
Calgary
chongb wrote: I think Dyson vacuum is overhyped. At the end of the day, it just sucks (literally). What else does it do? People thought there's some magic in this little machine but reality is that it's just a vacuum cleaner.
The first time my wife used a V7 (borrowed) to vacuum our car's carpet, it was all disappointment. Battery was dead quickly (before finishing the whole task). Suction was okay but it definitely couldn't pull all the dirt out from carpet's lint.

Plus they are quite expensive and I'm sure people tend to give a 2nd thought more frequently so return rate is super high.
Disagree. You've had one bad anecdote from a used older Dyson.

Ive only purchased refurb Dyson sticks.
From the first original to V6 to v8 and now I'm going to buy v10.
Dyson has the best service in any company I've dealt with. Battery doesn't hold charge? They'll replace chargers/batteries, etc. Free shipping. Suction isn't that good? Free tune up at a service center.

Selling I don't even lose money.

Try the v10. 40min battery is insane. If you aren't happy, you can easily resell at this price.
Jr. Member
Jan 22, 2009
119 posts
122 upvotes
evilution wrote: Disagree. You've had one bad anecdote from a used older Dyson.

Ive only purchased refurb Dyson sticks.
From the first original to V6 to v8 and now I'm going to buy v10.
Dyson has the best service in any company I've dealt with. Battery doesn't hold charge? They'll replace chargers/batteries, etc. Free shipping. Suction isn't that good? Free tune up at a service center.

Selling I don't even lose money.

Try the v10. 40min battery is insane. If you aren't happy, you can easily resell at this price.
Not an used older Dyson. Bought it brand new a month ago from Best Buy. It was a gift to mother in law and we borrowed from her to try it out.
I didn't say they are bad but rather stated why so many people return it ; therefore, lots of refurb unit out there.

We probably will check out some Dyson deals when Black Friday comes.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1106 posts
781 upvotes
VANCOUVER
chongb wrote: I think Dyson vacuum is overhyped. At the end of the day, it just sucks (literally). What else does it do? People thought there's some magic in this little machine but reality is that it's just a vacuum cleaner.
The first time my wife used a V7 (borrowed) to vacuum our car's carpet, it was all disappointment. Battery was dead quickly (before finishing the whole task). Suction was okay but it definitely couldn't pull all the dirt out from carpet's lint.

Plus they are quite expensive and I'm sure people tend to give a 2nd thought more frequently so return rate is super high.
Not to rain on your parade but vacuuming cars with it sucks. In a bad way.

I have a V7 and 8 and neither are used to clean cars. I use my shop vac with the detailers kit that has the flexible ultra long hose and an absurd amount of suction. It's really only meant to spot clean cars.

Use that same V7 to clean the house or the drapes and my god is it outstanding. Only thing better would obviously be a V8 or V10.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 18, 2008
7601 posts
1682 upvotes
Mont-Royal
the ryobi is better guys.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3154 posts
2963 upvotes
Alberta
I've been waiting for a deal for the v11, but I know my wife wants one of these soon. Really tempted to get this v10b. Is this the best deal that's been offered to date on this model?

Any downside to ordering these refurbs such as battery lifetime expectancy?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 8, 2008
3221 posts
569 upvotes
GTA
I'm thinking of getting the V10B Vacuum but I'm curious if the length of the long pipe will work with my height? I'm 6'6 tall with back problems, will this vacuum work well for me? I also have a golden retriever and he's a shed monster

Top