Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Dyson Refurb Vacuum sale v10B 399$ v8B 269$!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2019 7:35 pm
Aug 30, 2019
1 posts
Is the V6 incredibly behind compared to the v10? Just don't know if I can justify spending the extra $
[OP]
Jan 20, 2018
87 posts
121 upvotes
Lush78 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 5:14 am
I've been waiting for a deal for the v11, but I know my wife wants one of these soon. Really tempted to get this v10b. Is this the best deal that's been offered to date on this model?

Any downside to ordering these refurbs such as battery lifetime expectancy?
Lowest I've seen for that model.
[OP]
Jan 20, 2018
87 posts
121 upvotes
s12345 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 6:09 am
what happened to the seller?
What do you mean? Their eBay store is still up for me with these deals. The link takes you to all the items they're currently selling.
Dec 8, 2012
558 posts
212 upvotes
Calgary
vivibaby wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 2:10 am
I read that as well. I don’t get how it can be better than the v10.
that's all I need to know when compare $200+ and $300+ devices:
On the setting most people will use most of the time, the V10 has less cleaning power than the older, now-cheaper vacuum it is replacing—the Dyson V8. And the battery life isn’t clearly better, either.
https://thewirecutter.com/blog/the-dyso ... oull-need/
[OP]
Jan 20, 2018
87 posts
121 upvotes
Dennisrfd wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 11:25 am
that's all I need to know when compare $200+ and $300+ devices:

https://thewirecutter.com/blog/the-dyso ... oull-need/
I mean it's clearly not true. At the lowest setting it gets 50 mins even according to their data. And on the higher medium power setting which the other options don't have it lasts about the same time but is more powerful. Larger dust bin. Smaller battery which charges significantly faster.

Every review I've seen shows the v10 as clearly above all the previous models.

The wire cutter review doesn't make sense Imo. I feel they're leaving out data is. How well it performed on the medium setting (which they say is the setting people will use MOST...) But then they make sure to point out how it's worse on medium setting vs low setting based on battery life. What? Why didnt they talk about how well it cleaned? Then they talk about how it cleaned worse on the low setting and tried to say it only had a 35min lifetime with the cleaner head (every review I've ever seen shows like 50-60mins with the head which THEIR testing showed too. So why bring up the 35 mins at all? Especially as the upfront data in the article and the 50mins is like a footnote)

I feel like having more control over suction power with a smaller faster charging battery is a big upgrade. The Wirecutters negative review seems they just wanna be different.
Last edited by Magicwhistleca on Aug 31st, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 12, 2007
565 posts
206 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 4:58 am
the ryobi is better guys.
The Ryobi gets owned in all the comparisons to a dyson stick vac
Dec 13, 2006
497 posts
404 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone thinking of upgraded to a V10, just be warned its much heavier and cumbersome. (for cleaning the car or smaller areas) but it does an amazing job though and the battery last a lot longer
Aug 28, 2012
10 posts
7 upvotes
Bought the V10b a few months ago at the same price. I love it so much. It’s just so easy to take the vacuum out of the dock and go at it. Comparing to my old corded upright vacuum. I hated recoiling the cord every time.
Aug 7, 2004
68 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Does the V8B come with shorter attachments for cleaning the car?
Last edited by xsilver on Aug 31st, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2012
614 posts
349 upvotes
VANCOUVER
xmmcookies wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 5:47 am
Is the V6 incredibly behind compared to the v10? Just don't know if I can justify spending the extra $
Poor man pays twice.

At this stage, V8 is the lowest I'd go. I started off many years ago with a Hoover that was only available in the US because the specs indicated it had absurd suction compared to a Dyson. The reviews loved it and shouted all the virtues... then I got it, used it, and hated it. It was heavy, unwieldy, and just didn't have the sophistication in engineering.

My point is spend the little bit extra and get it right the first time. For reference, I still have my Dyson ball from a decade ago.
Aug 27, 2009
799 posts
167 upvotes
How do these newer Dyson sticks compared to the older vacuums with the round ball (like DC66 or DC77)? Are they more portable/light but have less power or are they an improvement in terms of utility as well as portability? Looking to get something for my mom, she uses the old centralized vacuum system and it's the loudest, most annoying sound I've ever heard lol

I'm also confused looking at the Big Ball Canister ($224.99) and how it works. The pictures show a pipe leading out of the 'ball' with a whole stick attached so are you supposed to use the stick or the ball itself?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1038 posts
364 upvotes
T Dot
Dysons are expensive. However at this price, it is reasonable. I own 3 dyson units and two of the cordless ones after about 3 years of usage, the battery is not holding a charge anymore. While reading some reviews on RFD, I recently purchased the highly rated Tineco A10 Hero cordless stick vac. Everything works very well for half the price of a regular priced Dyson, with one exception. The cyclone technology on Dyson is not a gimmick. It actually does collect a lot of the dust and deposit it in the dust bin. The A10 Hero after 3 runs, the filter already requires extensive wash and clean.
Dec 20, 2016
36 posts
7 upvotes
Ontario
IceCreamGee wrote:
Aug 30th, 2019 11:46 pm
V10B is the V10 Animal without the mini motorhead and soft dusting brush. Compared to the v10 MH the V10B comes with the newer torque motor head and larger bin capacity
Is the soft dusting brush worth it? Trying to figure if paying extra for the newer motor head (V10b) without the brush is worth it.