Expired Hot Deals

eBay.ca

Dyson V10B (Animal) refurb - $404.99 from Dyson Canada (eBay)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2020 3:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4507 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto

[eBay.ca] Dyson V10B (Animal) refurb - $404.99 from Dyson Canada (eBay)

These Dyson sales happen semi-regularly on eBay, but this is still a good deal for those who are looking for a great cordless vacuum. Regular price is actually $699 for this model, but the refurbished one regular is $539.

Dyson official Refurbished store on eBay has the "V10B" (V10 Animal) for sale for $404.99. It has a one year warranty direct from Dyson.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dyson-Official- ... SwokVdH5Wu

This is the Animal model so it has the Torque head brush (more power) and the bigger waste bin (0.74L vs about 0.56L on the V10 Motorhead). It does not have the second fluffy roller head from the V8/V10 "Absolute" model which costs $800 new: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/dyso ... 8163p.html

I've bought three V8B refurbished from Dyson on eBay over the last 2 years for me and my family. 2 of the 3 looked brand new, the third had minor scratches on the hose (nothing major) but was clean and pretty close to new. We all love them and use them more than any vacuum ever. They're awesome. As soon as I show the vacuum to someone, they want one!

Retail for the V10 Animal is $699:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dy ... e/12370687
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 16th, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
94 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1243 posts
399 upvotes
Calgary
Is this worth it upgrading from. V8H?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4507 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
Battscrew wrote: Is this worth it upgrading from. V8H?
Depends what you're looking for. It's got 50% more battery life (60 min vs 40 min @ low), 3 power settings vs 2 on the V8, a bigger bin. If you live in a condo/apartment (like me), probably not. If you have a bigger area to clean, or lots of pet hair / tricky stuff to clean, it's worth the upgrade.

Also-- if your V8H has the soft (fluffy) roller designed for optimal hardwood performance , you can use that one on this model too.
Last edited by jiffylube1024 on Jul 10th, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2020
12 posts
I'm watching videos online... where's there a list of attachments for this? Does it come with the softroller for hardwood floors?
Jun 15, 2020
12 posts
Never mind. Found out what you refer to as the "fluffy roller" is the "soft roller"... looks like I can purchase it seperately but it's pricey. Still cheaper then buying the Absolute right out... any other differences between the Animal and the Absolute? Does the Absolute every go on sale?
Aug 3, 2019
678 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal
NeverIsEnough wrote: Never mind. Found out what you refer to as the "fluffy roller" is the "soft roller"... looks like I can purchase it seperately but it's pricey. Still cheaper then buying the Absolute right out... any other differences between the Animal and the Absolute? Does the Absolute every go on sale?
I think if you have no rush, on black friday it does
Jun 15, 2020
12 posts
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know much it historically goes for? Also what the difference between Animal and Absolute is?

If the only difference I care about is the soft/fluffy roller it might be worth picking up this one and buying the attachment separately.

Thanks for posting this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4507 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
NeverIsEnough wrote: Never mind. Found out what you refer to as the "fluffy roller" is the "soft roller"... looks like I can purchase it seperately but it's pricey. Still cheaper then buying the Absolute right out... any other differences between the Animal and the Absolute? Does the Absolute every go on sale?
No internal differences between the models, just bundled attachments.
The soft/fluffy roller is designed for hardwood - it's good for places that are all hardwood.
The torque head is more versatile - it's much better on carpet and generally "good enough" for hardwood/laminate/etc.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5722 posts
1064 upvotes
I don't have a V10 but have a different Dyson with the soft roller/fluffy roller...if you have a hardwood floor, with that tool it is MUCH, MUCH better than using the regular torque head (at least for the V7).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4507 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote: I don't have a V10 but have a different Dyson with the soft roller/fluffy roller...if you have a hardwood floor, with that tool it is MUCH, MUCH better than using the regular torque head (at least for the V7).
Torque head is only in v10/v11. But yes, the soft roller is definitely better than the standard head on hardwood.
Jun 15, 2020
12 posts
Okay. I think I want the soft roller as the main floor is all hardwood. Already have a central vac for basement and upstairs, just hate bringing it out everyday on the main floor where it's needed most. Looking for something lighter that I can just grab and spot clean.

The V11 comes with the soft roller. But $300 more refurbished. I could add the soft roller for around $150 to the V10... there are some cheaper soft rollers out there but they look to be non-Dyson and I'm iffy about that.

Lots to think about.
Dec 16, 2006
6 posts
7 upvotes
Note that this deal doesn't seem to include the mini motorized tool nor the soft dusting brush that's in retail boxes of the V10 Animal. That alone retails for $83.99 and $35.99 direct from Dyson: https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/support/j ... 06-01.html

With that in mind, this seems about the same as the $499.99 new offer they had a couple weeks back.
Jun 9, 2016
320 posts
1239 upvotes
The listing specifics say this is what is included.

In the Box 1: Dyson V10 B
In the Box 2: Crevice tool
In the Box 3: Combination tool
In the Box 4: Docking station
In the Box 5: Charger
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3291 posts
3278 upvotes
Montreal
For those who follow these things, any thoughts on when the V11 might go on sale again?

Do their sales happen on a regular schedule?
Dec 16, 2013
114 posts
90 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up. I originally thought the animal version is called so because it came with the motorized head (the most important attachment for pet owners). Almost pulled the trigger till you mentioned it doesn't come with it.
Oct 8, 2013
365 posts
318 upvotes
Dartmouth
Wifey wanted me to keep an eye out for the next time this sale was on. Thanks OP! We got an older animal handheld, I think the old head may fit. May have to bite the bullet on a hardwood floor tool later.

Doesn't this usually come with a 6 month warranty? It's listed as a year in this.
Mar 31, 2017
566 posts
520 upvotes
Can we use soft fluffy roll of V8H With V10 or V11 model?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4507 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
Capindy wrote: Can we use soft fluffy roll of V8H With V10 or V11 model?
Yup. They all fit and are cross model compatible between v8, v10, v11.
Apparently the torque head in this bundle gives better suction to the v8 too, compared to the standard roller.
However the v10 has more power overall and 3 power settings vs 2 on the v8.
Jan 8, 2006
833 posts
170 upvotes
mine arrived today. looks brand new, i couldn't spot a single peice that looked used or blemished. upgrading from a refurb V6B that only works for 5 minutes on low before the battery dies. fantastic upgrade so far. question to those in the know, what does the torque drive head settings do? with the plus \ minus. is that just the roller speed adjustment? or roller height? tried googling and couldnt find anyone talking about it.
Sep 15, 2018
105 posts
147 upvotes
jamex wrote: mine arrived today. looks brand new, i couldn't spot a single peice that looked used or blemished. upgrading from a refurb V6B that only works for 5 minutes on low before the battery dies. fantastic upgrade so far. question to those in the know, what does the torque drive head settings do? with the plus \ minus. is that just the roller speed adjustment? or roller height? tried googling and couldnt find anyone talking about it.
It’ll allow you to adjust the size of what you can vacuum up, like if you want to avoid or suck up large beads or something like that.