[eBay.ca] Dyson V7B- $230, V8B - $270, V10 Refurb - $335

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2020 11:07 am
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10452 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga
Any experience on here with the quality of the refurbs?

Considering getting the Cinetic Ball on the site, but looking for opinions. Have an older upright Dyson and a battery powered one. Love the upright, but it's showing it's age (~12 years). Battery powered one is balls IMO.
4chan melts your brain.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3735 posts
4583 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
danfromwaterloo wrote: Any experience on here with the quality of the refurbs?

Considering getting the Cinetic Ball on the site, but looking for opinions. Have an older upright Dyson and a battery powered one. Love the upright, but it's showing it's age (~12 years). Battery powered one is balls IMO.
Seems to vary. No returns is a bummer. Some people get brand new ones and some get beat up ones. You can check the link thread about the v10b posted earlier.
Feb 21, 2013
81 posts
56 upvotes

Got one... a year ago? Box was really ratty and the unit itself was not in great condition. Suction was great for the first few months and now performance is average to below average. If I had to do it over I would have just spent the extra money to get a new Miele.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3735 posts
4583 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
czenxa wrote:
Got one... a year ago? Box was really ratty and the unit itself was not in great condition. Suction was great for the first few months and now performance is average to below average. If I had to do it over I would have just spent the extra money to get a new Miele.
That sucks (heh). Which model? Have you tried replacing the battery? Something might be blocking the airflow if it's gone down in suction power, and probably covered under the 1 year warranty if something is wrong?
Dec 3, 2010
529 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
czenxa wrote: Got one... a year ago? Box was really ratty and the unit itself was not in great condition. Suction was great for the first few months and now performance is average to below average. If I had to do it over I would have just spent the extra money to get a new Miele.
Try cleaning / changing filter. Don't get what's the fuss about miele. Corded vacuum is so passé.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3735 posts
4583 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
muffin_man wrote: Try cleaning / changing filter. Don't get what's the fuss about miele. Corded vacuum is so passé.
Mieles sucks harder and are easier to repair. Dysons are overengineered and hard to fix if something goes wrong. There's a lot of really good corded options available for cheaper, but Dyson is really good at cordless ones.
Nov 13, 2007
470 posts
251 upvotes
Ontario
Just a heads up that the refurbished warranty sucks. I bought a dc66 from this seller and it died a couple of weeks ago and was told that they would send me the parts when they get them. I just contacted them again and they claim they don't have it yet. So now I have to buy a new vacuum. Kind of a joke they don't have parts.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1199 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary
Best option for hardwood floors? Looking for something for quick touch ups here and there, would not be primary vacuum.
Nov 10, 2006
420 posts
115 upvotes
montreal
I got the v8 with hardwood fluffy attachment a few weeks back for 260ish.

Honestly amazing vacuum. For my 1k hard wood floor unit it's all I ever need. On high I have get to run out of battery.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9728 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto

I have two Dyson's and both are refurbished from eBay like this deal. One was about 10 years ago, a canister blue color and it's still working amazingly. It looked brand new

Then last year, bought the Cinetic ball cannister. Also looked like new, box and all. So far working great.
Feb 28, 2015
550 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nikhilvoid wrote: My bad. They don't seem to come with the soft roller head.
The brush roller works fine on hardwood and tile in my home 2000sqft no carpet,if that is what you're getting at.
Feb 28, 2015
550 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gates59 wrote: Just a heads up that the refurbished warranty sucks. I bought a dc66 from this seller and it died a couple of weeks ago and was told that they would send me the parts when they get them. I just contacted them again and they claim they don't have it yet. So now I have to buy a new vacuum. Kind of a joke they don't have parts.
I bought a refurbished v7b over 2 years ago, it's used almost every day because my wife is a freak. The roller wheels on the back started to mark the hardwood because they are so worn out. I contacted dyson via live chat to get replacement wheels, knowing I'd have to pay for them. The rep sent me a new head as a one time courtesy! If that isn't good customer service I don't know what is?!