• Jul 16th, 2019 4:18 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1674 posts
698 upvotes
GTA
Wet Banana wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 7:06 am
Really appreciate you all sharing what you bought with the promo code, lol.

Ended up getting a laser level and kitchen towel holder. XD
Awesome , thanks for thumbs up on my laser level post , hard to find things to buy during these promos sometimes. Hope they are decent and usable lol
Nov 4, 2016
802 posts
477 upvotes
Scott86 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 2:15 pm
Yup... And the sellers will say "we'll reship", and by the time it would have reasonably arrived if it WERE reshipped, the buyer protection has ended. So its just a tactic to waste time trying to run down the clock.

Another annoying trick they play is they'll set the estimated time of delivery more than 2 months after the date of purchase. Why? You only have 2 months to leave feedback or open a dispute, but you cant open a dispute about not receiving the item until after its estimated time or delivery is passed. So i buy something today, and the transaction says it should arrive at my door on August 20th... but I have zero recourse after august 14th(2 months) after the date of purchase.

If this happens to you, be firm in asking for a refund, NOT for them to reship, cause i can almost guarantee they wont actually re-ship the thing. Be prepared to get in a long back and forth over this with them too, since they know the refund will actually cost them money and "reshipping" the item costs nothing and guarantees no feedback(negative or positive). I honestly dont know if the things were shipped after the first purchase, but there was a whole bunch of cheap stuff(optical cable for stereo, few earrings, extension cable and other accessories for an LED light strip) i ordered in feb-april from China and most of it never arrived.
The scammer seller I bought from (200k 99% positively reviewed) did exactly that. And he also removed the item from his listing eventually so I cannot even contact him at all about this transaction anymore.

I tried to look for a way to complain to eBay directly. But there is no way to complain about an item that no longer exists.
Last edited by CCHIPSS on Jun 15th, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1475 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
CCHIPSS wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 3:12 pm
The scammer seller I bought from (200k 99% positively reviewed) did exactly that. And he also removed the item from his listing eventually so I cannot even contact him at all about this transaction anymore.

I tried to look for a way to complain yo eBay directly. But there is no way to complain about an item that no longer exists.
Ohhh that's why they remove the listings. I was trying to go back and see what cheap stuff I didn't get yet and the links are all gone.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1776 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thnx.. Worked like a charm on old 10+ yr old account with plenty of buy/sell activity on it.

Bought a 5.5" "leather" cell phone case (belt mount).
A whopping C$0.47 after discount. My old case, is starting to fall apart, but it should be fine for another 2 month before I get this.

And I just received (this past Wednesday) the last item I ordered on May 1st, during the previous $3 off $3.01+.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16935 posts
23262 upvotes
ONTARIO
You can also buy an edu email address with this code. If anyone is familiar with the malwarebytes $5 thread. You can use the edu email address with studentbeans.com and then get yourself your own malwarebytes student discount codes.
Feb 7, 2008
417 posts
188 upvotes
St Catharines
Any quality USB-C to Micro-B cable recommendations?
Mobile: Freedom Mobile Everywhere 60 w. US roaming
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2093 posts
1551 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I'm looking at buying something that's actually shipping from Canada, and the person selling it says in the description that unless paid for otherwise, it ships free via Canada Post Lettermail and they say that "no refund" will be given if it gets lost in the mail.

So that kinda throws up a huge red flag for me, but is that something a seller can actually claim? Like without tracking there's no real proof they'd have actually shipped it in the first place.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1650 posts
675 upvotes
North Vancouver
stanleylai wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 3:28 pm
Ohhh that's why they remove the listings. I was trying to go back and see what cheap stuff I didn't get yet and the links are all gone.
I take screen captures of the listings if I think that there could be issues down the road. Saved my butt one time in a transaction that was about $200.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. (Groucho Marx)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1650 posts
675 upvotes
North Vancouver
manthica wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 3:49 pm
yeah found my $3.01 item
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Luxury-Bi ... 3105619938
light or dark brown #5 is $3.01
That PU Leather isn't very durable - had a few phone tablet cases made with that stuff and they began peeling very quickly. I look for real leather now and pay a bit more, worth it in the long run I find.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. (Groucho Marx)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Jun 16, 2009
989 posts
880 upvotes
Bought some decals for cars, one was free with the code. Thanks OP
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5333 posts
3149 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 5:15 pm
I'm looking at buying something that's actually shipping from Canada, and the person selling it says in the description that unless paid for otherwise, it ships free via Canada Post Lettermail and they say that "no refund" will be given if it gets lost in the mail.

So that kinda throws up a huge red flag for me, but is that something a seller can actually claim? Like without tracking there's no real proof they'd have actually shipped it in the first place.
That seller is just trying to avoid complaints from buyers who don't know better. eBay and PayPal take the buyer's word most of the time.
Jul 2, 2016
291 posts
373 upvotes
Can you use guest checkout on eBay and use the promo code?