• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 4:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7536 posts
1751 upvotes
BillyBill wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 6:02 pm
I got an extra stem for my Arizer Air Vaporizer ($1 after discount)
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/70mm-Glass-Arom ... 2749.l2649

Got my wife to order a kitchen timer on her account ($0.50 after discount)
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Large-LCD-Digit ... hnOHBi9sBE
u dont have a google mini for timers and alarms?i'd do another 10 orders with this code but i've ran out of things to buy lol...maybe car stuff

was looking at a usb3.0 hub and 1000mbps/1gb ethernet lan port but those things are expensive! its only cheap if its the 100mbps lan
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1001 posts
658 upvotes
Did you have to return the case?

I was just looking for the cheapest case with a card holder. For 8 cents after the coupon, I don’t really care lol
chemicalxv wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 10:20 pm
I wonder if it's actually transparent or "transparent" lol.

I bought one before that said it was clear and the product photos showed it as clear and when I received it it was barely see-through so I told them to pound sand and got a refund.

That one kind of looks varying degrees of transparent depending on which picture you're looking at.
:rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17068 posts
23525 upvotes
ONTARIO
BillyBill wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 6:02 pm
I got an extra stem for my Arizer Air Vaporizer ($1 after discount)
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/70mm-Glass-Arom ... 2749.l2649
ya i bought a couple curved glass stems last time with this coupon and it cost me like 30 cents total. Got the stems and they work perfectly in my solo.
also bought some filters as well last time, but have not received them yet.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Arizer-Solo ... 2749.l2649
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1415 posts
1285 upvotes
Alberta
BobSagget wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 7:03 pm
ya i bought a couple curved glass stems last time with this coupon and it cost me like 30 cents total. Got the stems and they work perfectly in my solo.
also bought some filters as well last time, but have not received them yet.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Arizer-Solo ... 2749.l2649
I still haven't received the stem for my Solo 2 that I ordered on the last promotion....
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1804 posts
1177 upvotes
Montreal, QC
chemicalxv wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 5:15 pm
I'm looking at buying something that's actually shipping from Canada, and the person selling it says in the description that unless paid for otherwise, it ships free via Canada Post Lettermail and they say that "no refund" will be given if it gets lost in the mail.

So that kinda throws up a huge red flag for me, but is that something a seller can actually claim? Like without tracking there's no real proof they'd have actually shipped it in the first place.
As far as I know, the buyer can always claim that they did not get it, and the burden of proof is on the seller.
I sell on ebay quite often (usually $100+ items - I don't sell cheaper items), and tracking is minimum requirement, but whenever possible, I pay the extra $1.75 and request a signature. That way it is not left on someone's porch (because marking "do not safe drop" is not enough apparently).

I've bought battery cells and small priced trinkets from canadian sellers that use canada post with no tracking. As far as I'm concerned, sellers are the ones taking the risk. However so far, I haven't had many issues with canadian sellers and canada post. Once a package had gotten "lost", the seller and I waited 3 weeks, and he then sent out a new one. When a week later I got both packages, I told the seller. I offered to at least pay for the second item minus shipping (since I would use it anyhow, shipping back would cost them as much as the item, and I'd pay them direct paypal, so no ebay fee). However the seller just told me to keep it and not worry about it, due to the hassle. Needless to say, I still occasionally buy small items from that seller.
Howitzer1 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 5:57 pm
In the Shipping info box I see "Does not ship to Canada" in red. Is this new or did it let you order anyway?
Maybe because of the RFD effect, they saw a spike of orders from Canada, and worried about fraudulent orders, so disabled Canada shipping for now. Who knows..
I'm not the one who posted it, but I did check it our earlier in the day, and I don't recall that restriction.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3414 posts
1138 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP.

Ordered a RAW 79mm rolling machine for 4$ shipped.

Now my joints will look sexy and tight... and not like they were rolled by some high guy. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Dec 20, 2010
308 posts
175 upvotes
George1616 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 5:51 pm
Can you use guest checkout on eBay and use the promo code?
No I tried and it said to create an account to use the code, just because my account it wouldn't work at first (mistakenly listed in coins and paper money category)
Jun 14, 2019
4 posts
Is anyone getting a message about a buying limit? It says “You've reached a temporary buying restriction.”

Should I have used a VPN?
Nov 18, 2008
263 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Sorcerer wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 12:25 am
Picked up a Fox 40 emergency whistle for my backpack. Thanks OP!
I originally read 40 rape whistles. Thought you were walking through Regent Park naked
Oct 9, 2011
348 posts
90 upvotes
Scott86 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 2:15 pm
Yup... And the sellers will say "we'll reship", and by the time it would have reasonably arrived if it WERE reshipped, the buyer protection has ended. So its just a tactic to waste time trying to run down the clock.

Another annoying trick they play is they'll set the estimated time of delivery more than 2 months after the date of purchase. Why? You only have 2 months to leave feedback or open a dispute, but you cant open a dispute about not receiving the item until after its estimated time or delivery is passed. So i buy something today, and the transaction says it should arrive at my door on August 20th... but I have zero recourse after august 14th(2 months) after the date of purchase.
Sellers don't get to set the delivery timeframe, it's set by ebay. Each delivery method has its own estimated delivery time, can't be changed.

Buyer protection with paypal is 6 months. So even if ebay's protection run out, you can still get your money back.

I honestly think you don't need to worry about being scammed (at least for cheap items) on ebay, ebay is a platform that will always favour buyers.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1154 posts
605 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 11:21 pm
Another good item to buy if you own an instant pot is an extra silicone rsealing ring. As you know, the ring retains odour from whatever you cook in it and depending on what you're making, the odour from past foods can transfer to the new food.

Last time they had this coupon, I bought a red instant pot silicone ring for my 8qt instant pot and paid like 50 cents after coupon.
I got it and have been using it ever since.
That's a great idea! Any chance you have a link? Wanna make sure it fits good.