Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Ebay: Oneplus 8 Pro 256GB / 12GB (IN2025) New Unlocked ($949)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2020 4:45 pm
Dec 20, 2016
55 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver BC

[eBay.ca] Ebay: Oneplus 8 Pro 256GB / 12GB (IN2025) New Unlocked ($949)

Relatively hot deal? I bought one from this seller and it seems to work fine. They did say there is no warranty though, so likely this is a grey market import.

The item came from Surrey BC so I got it in 48h in Vancouver area by Canada Post.
Last edited by Redmask on Dec 10th, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added price to title
DrekiTech || Occasionally reviews tech things on Youtube
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1261 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have the 7Pro and would tell others to avoid OnePlus if you care about software updates at all. OnePlus releases too many phones that they themselves can't keep up with software updates. They have really gone downhill over time and their support is bad.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
8t is $824 each when you buy two today buy one get one 50% off
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
FrugalConsumer wrote: I have the 7Pro and would tell others to avoid OnePlus if you care about software updates at all. OnePlus releases too many phones that they themselves can't keep up with software updates. They have really gone downhill over time and their support is bad.
Same feeling here. They trying to be like Samsung by releasing so many phones now but they don't have the same reach, so their focus on each device is minimal.
Dec 20, 2016
55 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver BC
FrugalConsumer wrote: I have the 7Pro and would tell others to avoid OnePlus if you care about software updates at all. OnePlus releases too many phones that they themselves can't keep up with software updates. They have really gone downhill over time and their support is bad.
Aw that's too bad to hear. I got it cause my friend kept talkin' up Oneplus and I was tired of Samsung. Anyways thanks for your input, appreciate it!
DrekiTech || Occasionally reviews tech things on Youtube
Apr 29, 2018
121 posts
192 upvotes
As a 7 pro user, I wouldn't say software updates are so bad you should actively avoid it. Even though my phone hasn't gotten android 11 yet (nor has samsung phones, for comparison), it still got the Oct 2020 security patch.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
I use a 7T and just chiming in here. I've only heard bad things with subsequent OS updates for the 7T so I've held up doing updates for the past year.. Face With Tears Of Joy Mostly just been seeing complaints about dwindled battery life and updates that messed with the stock camera (I use both stock and GCam). It really does feel like OnePlus is prioritizing hardware over software these days... I can't even keep up with how many phones they've released this year... Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1577 posts
2071 upvotes
Knowhere
I am using Onepls 8T, and Had 7T before and gave the 7T to a family member now. I am ok with oneplus, and do not see much of the software issue...

For android phone, with huawei being forced out of market, oneplus is actually my only choice now, here is why:

1. had enough with Samsung software, back in the days, the samsung phone just run slower and slower, at one point, there is a 1-2 seconds delay when openning the Phone app....
2. Samsung use AMOLED, and does not offer DC dimming - I personally HAVE TO HAVE this feature, my eyes hurt so much without it.
3. Google Pixel, phone is ok, price is ok, software is good, but again same issue - no DC dimming
4. LG? HTC? MOTO? nah.....
5. Xiaomi? does it have global version where the google stuff is build in? I personally do not enjoy flashing phones, cause too much problems down the road..

Is Oneplus prefect? No... I can go with Apple, but iPhone 12 Pro is like 2000$, yes iPhone 6 is cheaper.. but lets compare the same year phone... iPhone 12 is good enough, but still cost a lot more though, but without the 120HZ Screen, without the 65W charge, without dual sim, dual app that 8T is offering.

Sometimes, it is not Oneplus is so good, it is its competitors are not good or not trying hard enough to compete.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
drekitech wrote: Aw that's too bad to hear. I got it cause my friend kept talkin' up Oneplus and I was tired of Samsung. Anyways thanks for your input, appreciate it!
I had the original OP all the way to the 3T and then I left not to return, phones got too costly and unless a real solid deal there are other options as others have said but I did like their devices but have not used in along time (in sense of cell phone times frame) Using a P30 Pro currently coming up on 2 yrs and no complaints at all , very good battery health as well at 92% still
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Nov 24, 2019
43 posts
76 upvotes
It's a preference imo. I see flaws in every phone, but if you're in for a oneplus phone, it's because you want speed. Everything about the phone is speedy. Fast charging, fast refresh rate screen, doesn't slow down after 3 years(no resets needed), fast animations, fast oxygenOS.

This is what I got from my Oneplus 3, and it made me want to keep going with the 7t. And I don't regret a single bit. I actually got software updates in my 4th year with my OP3.

And speed isn't something you can always get with other competitors.

Again though, it is a preference and I can easily see arguments for someone to go for another brand!
Dec 1, 2009
839 posts
416 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
I have the OP7 and can't really complain. I see lots of people complaining about the camera but my girlfriend has an iPhone 8 and always takes my phone to take important pictures because they are way better than hers. As far as their software updates, they are fine. I sure would want Android 11 already but most phones don't have it either besides Pixel phones and maybe some new Samsung but couldn't care less about the Samsung UI.

So, even if I like my phone, I always like to get the latest phone that comes out so I bought the 8T 12gb/256gb a while ago on Aliexpress for $757.95 tx and shipping included. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

I'm staying with OP because I like the speed of the phone and charging as it was mentioned above.

PS: I also had OP5 before OP7.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Isn't that almost every Android that isn't a Pixel or Samsung?
Sep 26, 2017
125 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
does Wifi calling (specifically Freedom mobile) work with Oneplus 7 and beyond?
Mar 5, 2011
537 posts
246 upvotes
Got the OP7Pro too and, while no Android 11 update yet, it did get a recent security patch, so it's not so bad.

I think it's one of the better flagship phones I've owned compared to other Androids, so worth considering actually.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1261 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RiCHC3 wrote: Isn't that almost every Android that isn't a Pixel or Samsung?
Well, my next phone will be the S21 so that's why I mention that. Oneplus isn't TERRIBLE, but just read about the direction the company is going.

They arent the same as before and their prices are starting to increase to levels that truly don't justify the phone. Their vision now isn't even close to what they first started with.
Dec 9, 2001
410 posts
181 upvotes
Scarborough
ordered one, Thanks OP!

Was able to combine it will multiple Moola Gift card bonuses to get an extra $60off. Great deal for a flag ship phone!

(Also this seller gave free upgraded 2-day Express shipping. Phone should be arriving on Friday)
May 25, 2007
66 posts
71 upvotes
on
Interesting. I have the OP7 pro and have nothing but good things to say about it. Haven't really noticed any issues with updates (I don't really care about updates anyway because the phone works great as is). I wish more companies would make phones with a hidden front camera.
Nov 24, 2019
43 posts
76 upvotes
FrugalConsumer wrote: Well, my next phone will be the S21 so that's why I mention that. Oneplus isn't TERRIBLE, but just read about the direction the company is going.

They arent the same as before and their prices are starting to increase to levels that truly don't justify the phone. Their vision now isn't even close to what they first started with.
I think the S21 is gonna be a great phone, and Samsung is at the top of their game right now. They have a phone to compete in every single price bracket.

I do have a couple concerns about Samsung. First, I hate that their retail prices are so high at launch. Granted they do have a great trade in program. It always drops in price months later, but I don't necessarely want to wait for that to happen. Feels like Oneplus has been undercutting Samsung on msrp over the past years. It might be different next year. I still prefer OxygenOS over OneUI, and Samsung has historically been criticised for software updates as well. If I buy a Samsung phone, I have to be content with it right out of the box. Whereas Oneplus has shown that it can improve its phone over time, an example of this is their camera software.

I get why people think Oneplus pricing isn't justified. Because they started out making phones with compromises at a great price. Now they have close to no compromises, and they still offer a good value for the price. I don't think it's true to say that a Oneplus 8 Pro (1249$ on the Oneplus site) is a lesser phone than an S20 Ultra (1300$). They're very comparable in many ways. And it just depends on what you prefer. Especially for 950$, I think it's a no brainer.