Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Get A $50 Uber Gift Card (Email Delivery) For $45

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2018 11:04 am
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd

[eBay.ca] Get A $50 Uber Gift Card (Email Delivery) For $45

I posted this in the GC megathread but thought it might warrant its own thread:

• Retailer: eBay (PayPal Digital Gifts)
  • Gift Card(s) On Sale: Uber
  • Dates: Aug 20 to 29, 2018
  • Deal: Get A $50 Uber eGC (Email Delivery) for $45
Last edited by trystee on Sep 22nd, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I'd say so, it doesn't take too many rides to burn up the cards.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
The Uber driver program is THE biggest CC fraud/scam operation ever.
Mar 2, 2016
862 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: The Uber driver program is THE biggest CC fraud/scam operation ever.
Care to explain?
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
726 upvotes
Don’t forget to use Ebates!

EDIT: Never mind, looks like gift cards can’t earn cash back.
Last edited by FreezingCanada on Aug 20th, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
I bought a couple of these during a previous promotion and added them to my account.

The credit randomly disappears and is not available for use as payment (on both the app and the website). If you put in a manual request to Uber, they don't reply but the credit shows up again and is usable. After a while, it becomes invisible again.

This may be an isolated incident with my account, but judging by their lack of replies, I have to wonder if credit "disappears" after a preset amount of time and is only released on request?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
JamesPlomppy wrote: Care to explain?
Our credit cards have been consistently used in Uber driver scams (scammer joins as Uber driver and then starts charging stolen CC number en masse) over the years and according to people I know in the financial industry it is a massive growth area for fraud.

All of these charges are from Europe, Asia or the US, and it has nothing to do with the Uber app or using our CC's with Uber (we're not Uber users), it's just plain credit card fraud where scammers join up only to start piling up fraudulent charges.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
726 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered five. FYI these can be used for UberEats as well.
JackWhyte wrote: Our credit cards have been consistently used in Uber driver scams (scammer joins as Uber driver and then starts charging stolen CC number en masse) over the years and according to people I know in the financial industry it is a massive growth area for fraud.

All of these charges are from Europe, Asia or the US, and it has nothing to do with the Uber app or using our CC's with Uber (we're not Uber users), it's just plain credit card fraud where scammers join up only to start piling up fraudulent charges.
Sounds more like a payment processing complaint rather than an issue with Uber.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
FreezingCanada wrote: Sounds more like a payment processing complaint rather than an issue with Uber.
But scammers are "joining" Uber as drivers, then abusing the Uber payment system to commit massive fraud. They don't drive, they may not even own a car, they just start mass-inputting stolen CC data into their Uber payment systems, so ultimately, Uber is responsible for their "driver's" fraudulent actions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6973 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought 3 at the same time, however, only 1 email has come in... Been 2 hours.

Anyone else buy multiple in 1 order?
Dec 25, 2007
768 posts
782 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it Gmail? They grouped my messages together into one, but I got all 3 at the same time.
Mar 2, 2016
862 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote: I bought 3 at the same time, however, only 1 email has come in... Been 2 hours.

Anyone else buy multiple in 1 order?
Yes - I use Gmail and I had to press on "show quoted text" (or something like that) in the bottom. I think Gmail thinks it's a duplicate of the same email message so it hides it.
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
Mar 2, 2016
862 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
FreezingCanada wrote: Don’t forget to use Ebates!

EDIT: Never mind, looks like gift cards can’t earn cash back.
GCR is 0.5% for gift cards from eBay (excluding eBay gift cards and gas gift cards). Not much but something.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
Is this eligible for airmileshop Back to School 2018 promo?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5843 upvotes
Toronto
ak-47 wrote: Is this eligible for airmileshop Back to School 2018 promo?
Based on the fine prints:

The following categories are not eligible for reward miles: eBay Motors (including Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, and Powersports; excluding Parts & Accessories), any form of Real Estate, all Gift Cards, Bullion (including Coins), and Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category.

I guess not :(
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
Last year was $50 for $42, ordered another 10.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3876 posts
1972 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I was just looking at my CC statement and 90% of my charges are uber/uber eats -- why not save $5 and 2%?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: Our credit cards have been consistently used in Uber driver scams (scammer joins as Uber driver and then starts charging stolen CC number en masse) over the years and according to people I know in the financial industry it is a massive growth area for fraud.

Use PayPal or Apple Pay (or these gift cards)