Tags:
None
Nov 27, 2013
122 posts
8 upvotes
Canada
cardero wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 5:21 pm
I completed a month long trip to Japan a few months back, and used hotels.com and their app there but found Agoda consistently had better prices than hotels.com in every city but maybe not 15% better.
That's interesting because I checked there and at least for the times I'm looking at, Agoda is not cheaper. It's actually more expensive by $5-8.

I guess it depends how far in advance you book?
Jul 4, 2012
226 posts
47 upvotes
JohnBay wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 5:48 pm
That's interesting because I checked there and at least for the times I'm looking at, Agoda is not cheaper. It's actually more expensive by $5-8.

I guess it depends how far in advance you book?
Currently in Japan. I am using the hotels.com gift cards I had purchased last time they were on sale. Don't forget to use cashback (GCR or ebates) as well as a promo codes (8-10% ones are frequent).

I also used Agoda through trivago.com as it activated a 8% instant discount without having to use a promo code. Not sure what the specifics are. Isn't agoda a different skin of Booking.com?
Nov 27, 2013
122 posts
8 upvotes
Canada
Salomon1260 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 6:44 pm
Currently in Japan. I am using the hotels.com gift cards I had purchased last time they were on sale. Don't forget to use cashback (GCR or ebates) as well as a promo codes (8-10% ones are frequent).

I also used Agoda through trivago.com as it activated a 8% instant discount without having to use a promo code. Not sure what the specifics are. Isn't agoda a different skin of Booking.com?
Where in Japan are you? Would you say Hotels.com is cheaper than Agoda? Also, where do you find your promo codes usually?

I'll be there for a long time. I will be living in an apartment most of the time but I do want to travel to Osaka, Kyoto, and maybe Tokyo sometimes so I will need a hotel.
Jul 4, 2012
226 posts
47 upvotes
JohnBay wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 7:03 pm
Where in Japan are you? Would you say Hotels.com is cheaper than Agoda? Also, where do you find your promo codes usually?

I'll be there for a long time. I will be living in an apartment most of the time but I do want to travel to Osaka, Kyoto, and maybe Tokyo sometimes so I will need a hotel.
Tokyo, Kyoto and in between. I use trivago to find the best/cheapest option. If it's expedia, then I use hotels.com as it only is a skin for Expedia. It the best option is on priceline, then I use booking/agoda as they are skins for priceline.

Just google hotels.ca promo code and you will usually find some on retail me not or groupon.
Nov 27, 2013
122 posts
8 upvotes
Canada
Salomon1260 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 12:31 am
Tokyo, Kyoto and in between. I use trivago to find the best/cheapest option. If it's expedia, then I use hotels.com as it only is a skin for Expedia. It the best option is on priceline, then I use booking/agoda as they are skins for priceline.

Just google hotels.ca promo code and you will usually find some on retail me not or groupon.
Alright cool. So far it seems like most of them are around the same price, maybe $5 cheaper here and there.
Oct 1, 2012
37 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville, Ontario
Has everyone received the codes within a few hours? I bought 5, and I want to book my hotel by the end of the night ideally.

Edit: Just as I posted this I got the email :)
Jun 18, 2018
1 posts
Does someone have an Uniday code for this deal? Please PM me! Thanks!!
Mar 9, 2008
374 posts
53 upvotes
Can anyone please PM me Uniday 10% off Code that you don't need for the 10% off.
Greatly Appreciate this! Want to book hotel in Banff that is already super expensive!
Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2178 posts
1289 upvotes
Country select USA, Currency select CAD, just tried, works.

Simply enter this code at checkout
Code: PARADE
Find hotel
Most major chains are excluded. Offer valid for 10% off your booking when you stay between 1 and 28 nights. Book between 12:01am MT on June 19, 2018 and 11:59pm MT on June 21, 2018. Travel by September 10, 2018. You can’t collect or redeem Hotels.com® Rewards nights when you use this coupon. See full Terms & Conditions.
Aug 13, 2006
158 posts
26 upvotes
thank you sir. did not know you can switch countries and still the same cad price.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18978 posts
453 upvotes
YYZ
How can I get around the limit of 5 per account?
Feb 19, 2018
31 posts
21 upvotes
It seems that the promo has ended/item delisted today. Ordered 5 last night. Was going to order 5 more today but oh well. Thanks OP!
Apr 6, 2015
57 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
If anyone in the Toronto area has some gift cards they bought but would like to sell please private message me.