Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

IdeaPad 5 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800U/16GB/512GB, MX450, 14.0" 2.2K Touch, $770 after code

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2022 2:01 am
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1916 posts
12555 upvotes

[eBay.ca] IdeaPad 5 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800U/16GB/512GB, MX450, 14.0" 2.2K Touch, $770 after code

IdeaPad 5 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800U/16GB/512GB, MX450, 14.0" 2.2K Touch, $770 after code BFLENOVOSALE22

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/334583043535

SKU is 82L700BNUS
Display is good: 14" 2.2K (2240 x 1400), IPS, Glare, Touch, 100%sRGB, 300 nits, 60Hz, LED Backlight
Equipped with a low-end dGPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX450 2GB GDDR6

Price seems good for the specs.
Last edited by qfli78 on Nov 27th, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Model's Configurations
https://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/IdeaPad ... 82L700BNUS

Memory
16GB Soldered DDR4-3200
Memory Slots
Memory soldered to systemboard, no slots, dual-channel
Max Memory
16GB soldered memory, not upgradable
Storage
512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe
Storage Support
One drive, up to 512GB M.2 2242 SSD or 1TB M.2 2280 SSD
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1318 posts
371 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Love my IdeaPad 5 Pro, and I got a cheaper version with a 5600H
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
link?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Feb 4, 2015
670 posts
2467 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The posted deal is pretty good.. but there are actually lots of good deals:

If you are ok with worse screen, but want ethernet, fingerprint scanner, newer ports and 1 yr onsite service (cheaper too)
Thinkbook 15: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/334543116779
Thinkbook 14: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/334545702866

Better screen, more HD space
Ideapad Slim 7i Pro: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/334202985637

Intel version, slightly faster CPU which uses more power, more storage
Ideapad 5 pro (intel): https://www.ebay.ca/itm/334553737728

Lots of other configurations too..
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4754 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
Lenovo is clearing out all Ryzen 5000 & 6000 laptops because Ryzen 7000 "Phoenix" APU is coming in Q1 which is targeting RTX 3060 levels of performance by using RDNA 3 graphics + infinity cache chiplet.

This essentially kills all RTX 3050 & 3050Ti discrete gpus as well, it's a game changer.

I expect much steeper discounts next year if lenovo still has stock sitting around.
Jul 14, 2019
755 posts
1215 upvotes
HKPolice wrote: Lenovo is clearing out all Ryzen 5000 & 6000 laptops because Ryzen 7000 "Phoenix" APU is coming in Q1 which is targeting RTX 3060 levels of performance by using RDNA 3 graphics + infinity cache chiplet.

This essentially kills all RTX 3050 & 3050Ti discrete gpus as well, it's a game changer.

I expect much steeper discounts next year if lenovo still has stock sitting around.
Just for clarity, it's the mobile versions not the desktop versions of those GPUs AMD is targeting, and that is with FSR, not normal rasterization performance. Still impressive if they pull it off though. iGPUs will never perform well for things that need lots of VRAM either but for thin & lights it will be a nice upgrade if they can do what they claim.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2006
1227 posts
1414 upvotes
HKPolice wrote: Lenovo is clearing out all Ryzen 5000 & 6000 laptops because Ryzen 7000 "Phoenix" APU is coming in Q1 which is targeting RTX 3060 levels of performance by using RDNA 3 graphics + infinity cache chiplet.

Likely only high end and power starved model of 7000 APU can match 3060 level. Also a good laptop is not just about CPU/GPU, screen, keyboard, battery and thermal are important too. OP's laptop is not really for gaming by the 60Hz refresh rate. The discount seems deep enough for its purpose.
But yes, there is no point to get a 1650 or 3050 laptop for gaming at this time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Graphical performance doesn't seem to matter much for most of Lenovo's non-gaming offerings.

I wouldn't expect fire sale prices, at least not on their non-gaming oriented devices.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1852 posts
2469 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
rugerty100 wrote: Graphical performance doesn't seem to matter much for most of Lenovo's non-gaming offerings.

I wouldn't expect fire sale prices, at least not on their non-gaming oriented devices.
What laptop/CPU would be good for media (simultaneous recording and encoding)? I would be coming from a 12.5" laptop with a CPU passmark score around 3k lol. I know that any of these would be hefty upgrades in the processing power department, but I feel like I'm stuck on getting something with a 5800-series chip. I need to get something small and portable because the laptop would be used functionally as a desktop 95% of the time with cooling pad, external mouse, keyboard, and monitor, and needs to be easy to carry and not take up much space when I travel or need to carry it to attend a lecture in-person the other 5% of the time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
redfd123 wrote: What laptop/CPU would be good for media (simultaneous recording and encoding)? I would be coming from a 12.5" laptop with a CPU passmark score around 3k lol. I know that any of these would be hefty upgrades in the processing power department, but I feel like I'm stuck on getting something with a 5800-series chip. I need to get something small and portable because the laptop would be used functionally as a desktop 95% of the time with cooling pad, external mouse, keyboard, and monitor, and needs to be easy to carry and not take up much space when I travel or need to carry it to attend a lecture in-person the other 5% of the time.
My old laptop would've been perfect for you (sold it earlier this month). Unfortunately I don't really see any deals at the moment with Ryzen 7 while also being reasonably portable at this price point that's better than the one in OP.

A bit of a waste on the OLED screen using it docked, but otherwise the CPU here should be good for your needs: https://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-VivoBook-OLE ... B09YZ17QXJ
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1852 posts
2469 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
rugerty100 wrote: My old laptop would've been perfect for you (sold it earlier this month). Unfortunately I don't really see any deals at the moment with Ryzen 7 while also being reasonably portable at this price point that's better than the one in OP.

You can still get an okay deal on a variant of my old laptop from Lenovo, it's around $715 with just the CPU upgrade to Ryzen 5825u (and basic IPS display), but perhaps you can beg the reps for a better discount and stack with 15% rakuten.

If you don't mind the size, the Intel NUC from Costco seems alright
Wow, you had a nice one! Getting a suitable upgraded variant from Lenovo would end up being around $840 (plus whatever I can buy a matching/comparable stick of RAM for). It is still quite a big leap in price to go from R5 to R7. The Costco i7-1260P was one of the first I recently considered (before BF), but was hoping for an Ryzen because of better battery life and fewer issues with heat. Hmm...I hope more deals are coming before I end up settling on an R5 xD.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
redfd123 wrote: Wow, you had a nice one! Getting a suitable upgraded variant from Lenovo would end up being around $840 (plus whatever I can buy a matching/comparable stick of RAM for). It is still quite a big leap in price to go from R5 to R7. The Costco i7-1260P was one of the first I recently considered (before BF), but was hoping for an Ryzen because of better battery life and fewer issues with heat. Hmm...I hope more deals are coming before I end up settling on an R5 xD.
Nothing seems well suited to your particular purpose atm, although you can also consider the Asus in my updated recommendation.
Nov 18, 2020
45 posts
8 upvotes
redfd123 wrote: What laptop/CPU would be good for media (simultaneous recording and encoding)? I would be coming from a 12.5" laptop with a CPU passmark score around 3k lol. I know that any of these would be hefty upgrades in the processing power department, but I feel like I'm stuck on getting something with a 5800-series chip. I need to get something small and portable because the laptop would be used functionally as a desktop 95% of the time with cooling pad, external mouse, keyboard, and monitor, and needs to be easy to carry and not take up much space when I travel or need to carry it to attend a lecture in-person the other 5% of the time.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebay-ca ... e-2583213/

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/lenovo- ... k-2583073/

Options to consider? What is your budget?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1852 posts
2469 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
@ BoY34173 thanks, I have been poking around those threads and was kicking myself for not scooping up a great deal on an R7 58xx with 16GB and 1TB that would have been less than $700 before it sold out. Whoopsie. Budget is preferably close to $700, but can probably stretch to around $1k for an amazing future-proofed laptop that has a good build, specs, and ports. I don't game and don't need a GPU. Longer battery life and a 1TB HDD (or at least M2.2280-sized drive support) is preferred. There was a nice Lenovo Thinkpad S-series 13", but it only takes M2.2242 drives.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
redfd123 wrote: @ BoY34173 thanks, I have been poking around those threads and was kicking myself for not scooping up a great deal on an R7 58xx with 16GB and 1TB that would have been less than $700 before it sold out. Whoopsie. Budget is preferably close to $700, but can probably stretch to around $1k for an amazing future-proofed laptop that has a good build, specs, and ports. I don't game and don't need a GPU. Longer battery life and a 1TB HDD (or at least M2.2280-sized drive support) is preferred. There was a nice Lenovo Thinkpad S-series 13", but it only takes M2.2242 drives.
Beware of the E14 with HDMI 1.4 since you're using it docked and may have a 4K monitor (now or in the future).

I think you need to evaluate how much CPU power you really need. I'm not familiar with your tasks but if you've been chugging along with such an anemic CPU all this time, perhaps the Ryzen 7 isn't necessary (or even useful). That does open up more options.
Nov 18, 2020
45 posts
8 upvotes
redfd123 wrote: @ BoY34173 thanks, I have been poking around those threads and was kicking myself for not scooping up a great deal on an R7 58xx with 16GB and 1TB that would have been less than $700 before it sold out. Whoopsie. Budget is preferably close to $700, but can probably stretch to around $1k for an amazing future-proofed laptop that has a good build, specs, and ports. I don't game and don't need a GPU. Longer battery life and a 1TB HDD (or at least M2.2280-sized drive support) is preferred. There was a nice Lenovo Thinkpad S-series 13", but it only takes M2.2242 drives.
Which one sold out? I was considering this (see image). It seems to fit your needs. Ram is upgradable and there's an extra 2280 slot, so you could put 1TB Nvme in there.
Images
  • Capture3.PNG
Nov 18, 2020
45 posts
8 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: My old laptop would've been perfect for you (sold it earlier this month). Unfortunately I don't really see any deals at the moment with Ryzen 7 while also being reasonably portable at this price point that's better than the one in OP.

A bit of a waste on the OLED screen using it docked, but otherwise the CPU here should be good for your needs: https://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-VivoBook-OLE ... B09YZ17QXJ
Damn the Asus is back in stock. The specs seem really good for the price! Another one to put into consideration. Any reviews on that one? I seem to have doubts on Asus' durability, I don't know why.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1852 posts
2469 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
rugerty100 wrote: Beware of the E14 with HDMI 1.4 since you're using it docked and may have a 4K monitor (now or in the future).

I think you need to evaluate how much CPU power you really need. I'm not familiar with your tasks but if you've been chugging along with such an anemic CPU all this time, perhaps the Ryzen 7 isn't necessary (or even useful). That does open up more options.
Thanks for the reminder. I had ruled out the E14 because it had a USB 2.0 port and only one USB-C and USB-A 3.x port. I do have a 4K monitor, but the current laptop can't run that resolution. CPU and RAM (16GB) have been an issue. Chrome routinely crashes (though, I usually have several hundred tabs open, albeit suspended) and Thunderbird portable is barely usable because it is perpetually freezing. Firefox also crashes on occasion, but Chrome crashing is a much more regular occurrence. I would prefer to have at least two each of USB-A and USB-C 3.x ports (with at least one being Gen 2).

I get excited about various laptops, then notice they have tiny batteries (36-46 Whrs) and worry about battery life if I need to be at a lecture all day and am not near an outlet.
BoY34173 wrote: Which one sold out? I was considering this (see image). It seems to fit your needs. Ram is upgradable and there's an extra 2280 slot, so you could put 1TB Nvme in there.
It looks good (great for the price, actually), except for the port situation (one USB 2.0, one USB-A 3.x, and one USB-C 3.x) and the small battery. Also, I thought the E14 only supported 2242 drives, which are harder to find and more expensive than the 2280s? :o

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)