Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Jaybird Run Wireless In-Ear Headphones Jet - $49.99 + $12.99 Shipping

[OP]
Jun 15, 2020
109 posts
279 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Jaybird Run Wireless In-Ear Headphones Jet - $49.99 + $12.99 Shipping

Product: Product is brand new in original packaging. Reviews fare quite well despite some individuals reporting problems and having complaints about the headphones (this seems to be the case across the board for all headphone purchases though). Overall they are a good bass heavy truly wireless workout headphone at this price. Individuals wanting headphones to watch media such as YouTube videos should pass on these however, as audio sync delay is reported. While other options such as refurbished Jabra Elite 65t obviously exist around this price point, this is a good buy for people not wanting to go down the refurbished route which can have some cons of its own.

Personally I have done a lot of research on truly wireless sports headphones the past week, had I not been able to pick up a pair of Bose Soundsport Free during the Walmart sale I probably would have purchased these at this price.

Due diligence on seller: Seller is top rated plus with 99.8% positive feedback. Although there has been claims the seller uses shill accounts to bid up their items on ebay, the majority of individuals report a positive experience across various forum boards and here on RFD.

At the time of posting there are 9 available.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1907 posts
1153 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I was previously a big fan of Jaybirds, owning many models. The last semi reliable model was X2. The X3, X4 and Freedom were all plagued with issues and a short life span. Can’t speak to this model but I would trust the bad reviews.

Bought a pair of soundpeats truefree+ ($35) and they are great. Had them for over a year and recently washed them in washing machine. Figured they were goners and ordered a new pair right away. To my surprise the next day after they dried out the washed pair and charging case all worked perfectly.
May 6, 2018
160 posts
146 upvotes
Not a fan of this particular model, but this is a great price for the product.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2004
1012 posts
371 upvotes
rob187 wrote: I was previously a big fan of Jaybirds, owning many models. The last semi reliable model was X2. The X3, X4 and Freedom were all plagued with issues and a short life span. Can’t speak to this model but I would trust the bad reviews.

Bought a pair of soundpeats truefree+ ($35) and they are great. Had them for over a year and recently washed them in washing machine. Figured they were goners and ordered a new pair right away. To my surprise the next day after they dried out the washed pair and charging case all worked perfectly.
Ditto on the x3

Will never buy Jaybird
Dec 5, 2011
11 posts
9 upvotes
North york
rob187 wrote: I was previously a big fan of Jaybirds, owning many models. The last semi reliable model was X2. The X3, X4 and Freedom were all plagued with issues and a short life span. Can’t speak to this model but I would trust the bad reviews.

I second this.
Was happy with x2, so when they capped out after a decent span of use, got the x3s and needed warranty replacement, then freedoms needed replacing twice before jaybird eventually declined to cover for failures. I don't think any of the Microphones functioned past 6 months besides the x2
Mar 8, 2004
489 posts
260 upvotes
Kanata
I have the Run XTs. I find battery life is nowhere near as promised. I can get a bit over 2 hours.
Aug 16, 2009
561 posts
451 upvotes
dubey wrote: Ditto on the x3

Will never buy Jaybird
Ditto on the X4. They can barely keep a signal to my Pixel 5 in my back pocket. Tried to solve the issue for a long time then just gave up.
They sit in a drawer now.
Jun 10, 2016
12 posts
Wasn't it when Logitech bought Jaybird they went downhill?

Mine failed from sweat while working out and I had a horrible experience with customer service for replacement
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1907 posts
1153 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
GerryBettman wrote: Wasn't it when Logitech bought Jaybird they went downhill?

Mine failed from sweat while working out and I had a horrible experience with customer service for replacement
Yes, Logitech destroyed Jaybird.

There's no excuse for $35 headphones on amazon to be out-performing and out-lasting $200 Jaybirds.
Dec 12, 2013
270 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rob187 wrote: Yes, Logitech destroyed Jaybird.

There's no excuse for $35 headphones on amazon to be out-performing and out-lasting $200 Jaybirds.
Hey, my headphones just died and I'm looking for a new pair. I'm completely new to the true wireless buds. I'm not an audiophile either, just need something for walks and has a decent mic. Would you still recommend those $35 dollar earbuds from Amazon or do you have other recommendations for $100 or less?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1907 posts
1153 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
ThatGuy1121 wrote: Hey, my headphones just died and I'm looking for a new pair. I'm completely new to the true wireless buds. I'm not an audiophile either, just need something for walks and has a decent mic. Would you still recommend those $35 dollar earbuds from Amazon or do you have other recommendations for $100 or less?

Thanks!
Yup, would still recommend them

https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Blueto ... B07NVLL8GW