Expired Hot Deals

eBay.ca

Lenovo Essential FHD Webcam - $34.99 (free shipping from Lenovo Canada through ebay)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 5:19 pm
[OP]
Member
Jan 31, 2004
444 posts
380 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Lenovo Essential FHD Webcam - $34.99 (free shipping from Lenovo Canada through ebay)

A nice quality webcam. Sold by Lenovo Canada through the BestBuy site. It's often in the ~$50 price range. I've never seen it this low.

Free shipping.
-----------------------------------------------

*******update: as pointed out by user gbssengo below, lenovo through ebay has it for $34.99******

I've updated this post to reflect that.
Last edited by asd913 on May 23rd, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
49 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
1821 posts
2037 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks OP for the post; the price is certainly good. However, those considering this camera may want to read through an earlier deal discussion on RfD when it was on sale for a similar price directly from Lenovo. There was considerable excitement due to the published specs, but a fair number of disappointed posts once orders arrived and RfD users were able to actually test the camera. I've linked to the earlier discussion; the link goes to page 12, where users start to post feedback on quality after a lengthy wait for delivery.

lenovo-canada-lenovo-essential-fhd-webc ... 413714/12/
Newbie
Feb 21, 2015
83 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a few of these the last time to give to webcam-less friends and while they're not as good as my C922, I think they're an absolute steal at $35.
[OP]
Member
Jan 31, 2004
444 posts
380 upvotes
wow, the posts on that thread had a lot of high expectations for a $35 camera. I have this camera and find it sharp for zoom calls and the colours seem good. The reason I was looking for another this morning was for hooking up to my 3d printer. It will do that perfectly.

Out of curiosity, can anyone recommend a webcam that has "great" picture quality?
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 14, 2010
30 posts
33 upvotes
I bought one for my wife to use on Zoom calls. She thinks that the camera provides superior images relative to others on those calls. Not bad for $35. The image shown with this webcam is wider than the stock laptop camera.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
2177 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
This won't work on Android TV can it?
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Newbie
Nov 23, 2006
36 posts
122 upvotes
Markham
rsu905902 wrote: I just opted to get the Lenovo 500 FHD Webcam for $18 more, looks like the Logitech Brio and seems comparable for $150+ less.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333875636678?_t ... %7Ciid%3A1

Just be careful, from a video review and Lenovo's tech specs, the Lenovo 500 FHD doesn't come with a microphone.

Also from Lenovo's tech specs, op's Lenovo Essential FHD does come with "Two integrated mics capture crisp, clear audio from every angle".
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
873 posts
164 upvotes
asd913 wrote: wow, the posts on that thread had a lot of high expectations for a $35 camera. I have this camera and find it sharp for zoom calls and the colours seem good. The reason I was looking for another this morning was for hooking up to my 3d printer. It will do that perfectly.

Out of curiosity, can anyone recommend a webcam that has "great" picture quality?
Burrito wrote: I bought one for my wife to use on Zoom calls. She thinks that the camera provides superior images relative to others on those calls. Not bad for $35. The image shown with this webcam is wider than the stock laptop camera.
syncourt wrote: I bought a few of these the last time to give to webcam-less friends and while they're not as good as my C922, I think they're an absolute steal at $35.
So this cannot be used as good quality video to be recorded by a kid to try youtube uploading?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1777 posts
2826 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Ty OP, but bought the 500 FHD instead because I hate it when my webcam blocks a part of my monitor lol. Have the Logitech C270 right now.

The 500 FHD seems to have a thinner mount.

No mic on 500 FHD as @TonyD indicated but I can live with that, I'll just use a headset mic whenever I need it.
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
873 posts
164 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: Ty OP, but bought the 500 FHD instead because I hate it when my webcam blocks a part of my monitor lol. Have the Logitech C270 right now.

The 500 FHD seems to have a thinner mount.

No mic on 500 FHD as @TonyD indicated but I can live with that, I'll just use a headset mic whenever I need it.
How much is that ...
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
873 posts
164 upvotes
Can this be connected to a smart tv for video calling without any laptop or computer?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1777 posts
2826 upvotes
Canada, eh?
newuserhere wrote: How much is that ...
Subtotal C $52.19
Sales tax C $6.78
Shipping Free
Coupon, Voucher -C $7.83
Total C $51.14

Still a better deal than EPP ($52.xx before tax) and official price ($99).
[OP]
Member
Jan 31, 2004
444 posts
380 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: So this cannot be used as good quality video to be recorded by a kid to try youtube uploading?
It depends. If you need a facecam for streaming, this will work fine with controlled lighting. But if you are looking to become MKBHD, you need better tech.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 9, 2004
2613 posts
349 upvotes
Other than the check out process being a pita for me, thanks op!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)