Expired Hot Deals

eBay.ca

Lenovo Essential FHD Webcam - $34.99 (free shipping from Lenovo Canada through ebay)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 5:19 pm
[OP]
Jan 31, 2004
419 posts
304 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Lenovo Essential FHD Webcam - $34.99 (free shipping from Lenovo Canada through ebay)

A nice quality webcam. Sold by Lenovo Canada through the BestBuy site. It's often in the ~$50 price range. I've never seen it this low.

Free shipping.
-----------------------------------------------

*******update: as pointed out by user gbssengo below, lenovo through ebay has it for $34.99******

I've updated this post to reflect that.
Last edited by asd913 on May 23rd, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1345 posts
1190 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks OP for the post; the price is certainly good. However, those considering this camera may want to read through an earlier deal discussion on RfD when it was on sale for a similar price directly from Lenovo. There was considerable excitement due to the published specs, but a fair number of disappointed posts once orders arrived and RfD users were able to actually test the camera. I've linked to the earlier discussion; the link goes to page 12, where users start to post feedback on quality after a lengthy wait for delivery.

lenovo-canada-lenovo-essential-fhd-webc ... 413714/12/
Feb 21, 2015
60 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a few of these the last time to give to webcam-less friends and while they're not as good as my C922, I think they're an absolute steal at $35.
[OP]
Jan 31, 2004
419 posts
304 upvotes
wow, the posts on that thread had a lot of high expectations for a $35 camera. I have this camera and find it sharp for zoom calls and the colours seem good. The reason I was looking for another this morning was for hooking up to my 3d printer. It will do that perfectly.

Out of curiosity, can anyone recommend a webcam that has "great" picture quality?
Jul 14, 2010
15 posts
13 upvotes
I bought one for my wife to use on Zoom calls. She thinks that the camera provides superior images relative to others on those calls. Not bad for $35. The image shown with this webcam is wider than the stock laptop camera.
Nov 23, 2006
34 posts
120 upvotes
Markham
rsu905902 wrote: I just opted to get the Lenovo 500 FHD Webcam for $18 more, looks like the Logitech Brio and seems comparable for $150+ less.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333875636678?_t ... %7Ciid%3A1

Just be careful, from a video review and Lenovo's tech specs, the Lenovo 500 FHD doesn't come with a microphone.

Also from Lenovo's tech specs, op's Lenovo Essential FHD does come with "Two integrated mics capture crisp, clear audio from every angle".
Aug 16, 2020
697 posts
125 upvotes
asd913 wrote: wow, the posts on that thread had a lot of high expectations for a $35 camera. I have this camera and find it sharp for zoom calls and the colours seem good. The reason I was looking for another this morning was for hooking up to my 3d printer. It will do that perfectly.

Out of curiosity, can anyone recommend a webcam that has "great" picture quality?
Burrito wrote: I bought one for my wife to use on Zoom calls. She thinks that the camera provides superior images relative to others on those calls. Not bad for $35. The image shown with this webcam is wider than the stock laptop camera.
syncourt wrote: I bought a few of these the last time to give to webcam-less friends and while they're not as good as my C922, I think they're an absolute steal at $35.
So this cannot be used as good quality video to be recorded by a kid to try youtube uploading?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1733 posts
2748 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Ty OP, but bought the 500 FHD instead because I hate it when my webcam blocks a part of my monitor lol. Have the Logitech C270 right now.

The 500 FHD seems to have a thinner mount.

No mic on 500 FHD as @TonyD indicated but I can live with that, I'll just use a headset mic whenever I need it.
Aug 16, 2020
697 posts
125 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: Ty OP, but bought the 500 FHD instead because I hate it when my webcam blocks a part of my monitor lol. Have the Logitech C270 right now.

The 500 FHD seems to have a thinner mount.

No mic on 500 FHD as @TonyD indicated but I can live with that, I'll just use a headset mic whenever I need it.
How much is that ...
Aug 16, 2020
697 posts
125 upvotes
Can this be connected to a smart tv for video calling without any laptop or computer?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1733 posts
2748 upvotes
Canada, eh?
newuserhere wrote: How much is that ...
Subtotal C $52.19
Sales tax C $6.78
Shipping Free
Coupon, Voucher -C $7.83
Total C $51.14

Still a better deal than EPP ($52.xx before tax) and official price ($99).
[OP]
Jan 31, 2004
419 posts
304 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: So this cannot be used as good quality video to be recorded by a kid to try youtube uploading?
It depends. If you need a facecam for streaming, this will work fine with controlled lighting. But if you are looking to become MKBHD, you need better tech.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2566 posts
296 upvotes
Other than the check out process being a pita for me, thanks op!