Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Lenovo G34w-10 34 Inch WLED Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor $466

Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14236 posts
4718 upvotes
London
t3359 wrote: What was the return process?

bjl
I just requested a return and lenovo gave me a UPS label

Called UPS and arranged to have a guy pick it up
Jan 19, 2008
893 posts
316 upvotes
Pierrefonds
ssjlancer wrote: Are the monitor overdrive settings on?
Some screens handle overdrive better than others.
Yeah I've got it set on Extreme. Also have a problem where the screen flickers during games....pretty much only during loading but still annoying. Think it's the GPU or the screen? I'm planning on getting a 3070 (or AMD equivalent) when they come out, but it's gonna be a real downer if that doesn't fix it
Oct 5, 2019
38 posts
232 upvotes
Dark_fantom wrote: Yeah I've got it set on Extreme. Also have a problem where the screen flickers during games....pretty much only during loading but still annoying. Think it's the GPU or the screen? I'm planning on getting a 3070 (or AMD equivalent) when they come out, but it's gonna be a real downer if that doesn't fix it

I have the same monitor. I read online that the fix was a high quality DP1.4 cable.

I got one on amazon and it stopped flickering.
Nov 9, 2008
42 posts
63 upvotes
had the same monitor, bought it from lenovo earlier this year. It died after about week and half. Returned it and bought a Dell s3220dgf.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14236 posts
4718 upvotes
London
Dark_fantom wrote: Yeah I've got it set on Extreme. Also have a problem where the screen flickers during games....pretty much only during loading but still annoying. Think it's the GPU or the screen? I'm planning on getting a 3070 (or AMD equivalent) when they come out, but it's gonna be a real downer if that doesn't fix it
Having it on extreme will result in massive smearing

You're going to see so much overshoot
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1193 posts
529 upvotes
TheBusGuy wrote: Considering the issues with this monitor evident in the past thread, I wouldn't recommend this without a read and knowing what you're getting yourself into. I had mine replaced twice direct from Lenovo and then ultimately refunded as they couldnt seem to send one out without defects. Not sure that the return process would be as painless or free buying this over ebay internationally, but maybe someone else knows better.
I wouldn't even consider buying such an item off ebay. But that's just me.
Jan 15, 2018
174 posts
152 upvotes
I received it today, manufacturing date July 2020 and I'm glad to report 0 issues, no dead pixels, no stuff stuck under the screen Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes I was a bit weary because of the complaints in the other thread but either I got lucky or they fixed the issues from the previous batch.
So far I love it, coming from an IPS I was worried about the color representation but with a bit of tweaking I find they look great, I really enjoy the depth of the blacks. My Radeon 5700XT recognized the monitor as 10bit even tho it's advertised as 8bit, the lines on the test are barely visible so I'm a happy camper. 10/10 for price/quality
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3313 posts
1408 upvotes
Vancouver
FrozenFinger wrote: I received it today, manufacturing date July 2020 and I'm glad to report 0 issues, no dead pixels, no stuff stuck under the screen Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes I was a bit weary because of the complaints in the other thread but either I got lucky or they fixed the issues from the previous batch.
So far I love it, coming from an IPS I was worried about the color representation but with a bit of tweaking I find they look great, I really enjoy the depth of the blacks. My Radeon 5700XT recognized the monitor as 10bit even tho it's advertised as 8bit, the lines on the test are barely visible so I'm a happy camper. 10/10 for price/quality
Can you share your settings and/or tests you ran? I've had mine for a few months and, same as you, am very very happy with it (mind you, it's for productivity and not gaming). I'm just curious to see if there are any further improvements if I continue tweaking.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2244 posts
524 upvotes
Halton
Had some issue connect with my MacBook Pro, sometime the screen won’t wake up. I have to unplug the power cord for few mins. Not sure if anyone had the same issue or not.
Jan 15, 2018
174 posts
152 upvotes
Yeah sure. I tested for dead pixels on this website.
Then I started with the settings someone else recommended on the other thread and adjusted them a bit to my liking, here's what I ended up with:

Brightness 78
Contrast 73
DCR Off
Saturation 55
Red 98
Green 96
Blue 99

After that I ran windows screen calibration and that's about it.
How do your settings look like right now?

Bishop8 wrote: Can you share your settings and/or tests you ran? I've had mine for a few months and, same as you, am very very happy with it (mind you, it's for productivity and not gaming). I'm just curious to see if there are any further improvements if I continue tweaking.
@Fire try logging in on your Mac and the display should wake up, if you've disabled the mac screen just type the password blindly, my Mac does that sometimes too...
[*]
[/list]
Dec 1, 2006
681 posts
72 upvotes
I just got the monitor, and I've been testing it. what's weird is that I'm seeing a colour difference when I'm seeing texts. I tried taking a photo, and it's very hard to see, but I think you can see the issue I'm referring to.
Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

Jan 15, 2018
174 posts
152 upvotes
I definitely see it! Like in "Settings", se is grey,tt blue,ing grey and s blue. It looks funky, have you tried a different cable and or tested for dead/stuck pixels?

I played a bit more with the OSD and here's what I ended up with:
Brightness 85
Contrast 78
Saturation 72
Red 96
Green 96
Blue 96

Can someone try it on theirs and tell me what you think? I like it, although it might be a bit oversaturated. I lower the brightness a bit for movies/games but for general work it really makes the colors pop on my screen.

P.S. I'm able to drive the monitor at 10bit 144hz with the included DP cable, I guess they changed that as I remember reading somewhere that they couldn't
chinmoku_tak wrote: I just got the monitor, and I've been testing it. what's weird is that I'm seeing a colour difference when I'm seeing texts. I tried taking a photo, and it's very hard to see, but I think you can see the issue I'm referring to.
Anyone else seeing a similar issue?