Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Lenovo Smart LED Lightstrip $9.99 (2m) $16.99 (5m) or $24.99 (10m)

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2023 12:16 pm
Jul 8, 2018
170 posts
246 upvotes
anybody install a diffuser on top of these? any recommendations?
Jan 17, 2017
263 posts
237 upvotes
Got my 2M version, seems to work ok. Integrated with Alexa with no issue. Idea is to place this inside the Ikea $15 VICKLEBY Floor lamp, rather than using the single light that normally is inside. Thus giving me a more advanced light which would usually cost closer to $90.

If anyone wants to see the final results, in two weeks I hope, PM me. I don't have the IKEA light yet, but this does not seem like a complex thing to setup at all.
Sep 16, 2021
54 posts
25 upvotes
I brought a 2m and a 10m one, the 10m one is too long for my use, if anyone wants they can pick it up from Mississauga. It would be at cost price so $29.37. PM me.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
Hmm... so the 10M one appears to be more premium than the 2M one (especially when it comes to sound integration):
1. Comes with a remote
2. Much better music detection. In fact, I think the 2M one uses my phone only, while the 10M one doesn't require the phone. (You can use phone if you wish, though - it gives you the option).
3. You can change music sensitivity.
4. There are built in scenes (themes) for the music you can choose from. You can also customize your own.

I bet the 5M one has the same bonus stuff as the 10M one. Shame they didn't include this stuff with the 2M one.
For the record, I am using the 10M one on a 150 inch cinemascope projector screen.

I'd consider getting the 5M one (if it has the same features) and cut it to whatever size you need (say 1.5 metres or 2 metres) just for the extra music features. It's so much better than the 2M one. I gotta check if it supports 5G or if it's 2.4G only like the 2M.
Nov 22, 2019
961 posts
781 upvotes
TO
nambit wrote: Hmm... so the 10M one appears to be more premium than the 2M one (especially when it comes to sound integration):
Is it possible to cut short the 10M one? I need 5-6M and might just go ahead and order the 10M version.

I got the 2M version this week, and so far it works perfectly under my kitchen shelf. Really digging the look and the control. Hoping this lasts for 2-3 years at least.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
bobclair wrote: Is it possible to cut short the 10M one? I need 5-6M and might just go ahead and order the 10M version.

I got the 2M version this week, and so far it works perfectly under my kitchen shelf. Really digging the look and the control. Hoping this lasts for 2-3 years at least.
Man, I dunno, I think so. I am tempted to cut my 2M one, to fit. If I do that and it works, I'll let you know.
Dec 9, 2001
975 posts
706 upvotes
Vancouver
How do these compare to Kasa LED strips?
I bought one 5m from Amazon for $24, but I might return it for this.
Jan 22, 2021
299 posts
175 upvotes
GTA
nambit wrote: I bet the 5M one has the same bonus stuff as the 10M one. Shame they didn't include this stuff with the 2M one.
For the record, I am using the 10M one on a 150 inch cinemascope projector screen.
5M is similar with 2M. Specs and "what's in the box" are the same.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
scorpicat wrote: 5M is similar with 2M. Specs and "what's in the box" are the same.
Wow, that sucks. The built in audio sensor and the extra options are so much better than using your smartphone.

Remote comes in handy as well since others can control it when you are not around with your phone. In fact, no audio sync without your phone on the 2M / 5M ones.

By the way, the audio sensor is very rsponsive and you can set sensitivity levels with a slider.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
bobclair wrote: Is it possible to cut short the 10M one? I need 5-6M and might just go ahead and order the 10M version.
I just cut the 2M one and it works. You need to cut it in chunks. Basically, wherever you see that metal connector. These are made up of a series of smaller strips so just get rid of the strips you don't need.

You'll see what I am talking about. If you cut halfway along a strip, all remaining lights on that strip will not work. The other lights prior to that final strip are not affected. Works well.
Nov 22, 2019
961 posts
781 upvotes
TO
nambit wrote: I just cut the 2M one and it works. You need to cut it in chunks. Basically, wherever you see that metal connector. These are made up of a series of smaller strips so just get rid of the strips you don't need.

You'll see what I am talking about. If you cut halfway along a strip, all remaining lights on that strip will not work. The other lights prior to that final strip are not affected. Works well.
Thank you!
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25709 upvotes
Montreal
Partly wrote: Everything is called "smart" these days, I don't even know what that word means anymore.
If you knew, you would be smart. Grinning Face
Oct 4, 2009
477 posts
616 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
nambit wrote: I just cut the 2M one and it works. You need to cut it in chunks. Basically, wherever you see that metal connector. These are made up of a series of smaller strips so just get rid of the strips you don't need.

I wonder if you can use those 45 degree connectors and have the other end of the cut strip work again...

Have you tried this at all?
Aug 22, 2014
188 posts
207 upvotes
eyeball123 wrote: For those who have the 10m, are you able to turn off the strip by pushing the button on the controller? According to the manual it should turn the light off/on, but when I push the button it just cycles to different colors. I can't find any settings for that and I prefer not having to use the phone/wireless controller if possible.

Just figured it out, it's double click to turn off
Oct 15, 2009
955 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
How warm is the warm light on these? Can you achieve 2700K?
Oct 29, 2016
854 posts
492 upvotes
dgege wrote: Anyone know if these can integrate with home assistant?
did anyone answer you?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1699 posts
1088 upvotes
User381589 wrote: did anyone answer you?
Not directly, but it was mentioned that it works with the Tuya integration.

I have yet to try mine, still in box. Soon!
Oct 29, 2016
854 posts
492 upvotes
dgege wrote: Not directly, but it was mentioned that it works with the Tuya integration.

I have yet to try mine, still in box. Soon!
Gotcha, thanks. I haven't been able to get any of my Tuya devices working with home assistant since they changed the API. Is it paid or something now?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)