• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 1:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
5922 posts
2422 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Got it today as well
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
1961 posts
649 upvotes
gta
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Yes, that's right... which means the camera was already installed and using Alexa one is able to view... inside Alexa app (Smart Home Skills) you need to just add the camera app what you will be installing in your room
Wyzecam not working. I was able to link it but Everytime I asked Alexa to show me cam it said ok and failed to load cam. Kept saying wyzecam doesn't support
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2502 posts
1078 upvotes
GTA
Mine arrived today. Got it working with my Ring cameras! It's been doing a lot of updating (including to Android 9)
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1214 posts
1092 upvotes
the build quality looks nice but CPU is like crap...right? anyhow I'm gonna use it for geforce now
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1646 posts
740 upvotes
DealDemon wrote: Wyzecam not working. I was able to link it but Everytime I asked Alexa to show me cam it said ok and failed to load cam. Kept saying wyzecam doesn't support

Buy some other cam which is supported then, don’t return this device we were able to get for this price
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7928 posts
4541 upvotes
Toronto
Some first impressions, pics with the case from amazon and video of HD movie playback

- Incredible build and screen quality that has blown away my expectations for what we paid here
- The dock is way cooler than I was expecting and sounds great. Surprisingly full low end, perhaps a bit mid heavy but no complaints at this price. A bit weird it doesn't seem it can continue playing undocked despite using bluetooth.
- Seems fast and snappy during the setup and update process
- Copied a 8GB video over wifi via x-plore, it averaged around 18mb/s and took about 8-10 min to copy. Playback in VLC is smooth and looks great. Huge upgrade over my 7" Acer tablet which was also FHD but this screen is so much bigger and brighter

Pics of the case and a 40 second video playback test below. I used a random scene from Gemini Man since it's the first recent 16:9 full screen movie I could recall so mild spoiler warnings if you care but nothing important really happens in the scene
Images
  • case 1.jpg
  • case 3.jpg
  • case2.jpg
May 8, 2015
114 posts
105 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
ReeGee wrote: Pics of the case and a 40 second video playback test below. I used a random scene from Gemini Man since it's the first recent 16:9 full screen movie I could recall so mild spoiler warnings if you care but nothing important really happens in the scene
How easy is it to remove that case for docking? And is it that $15 Amazon one?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
1961 posts
649 upvotes
gta
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Buy some other cam which is supported then, don’t return this device we were able to get for this price
OH am not returning it. just pity i cant view my wyze cams on this via alexa. not going to switch cams as i am very happy with all my wyze cams
Last edited by DealDemon on Feb 18th, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7928 posts
4541 upvotes
Toronto
moonfirespam wrote: How easy is it to remove that case for docking? And is it that $15 Amazon one?
Yup that's the $15 one I posted the link to earlier in the thread. It's thankfully very easy to put on and remove. You just push on the corners a little and it pops right out.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1646 posts
740 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: Some first impressions, pics with the case from amazon and video of HD movie playback

- Incredible build and screen quality that has blown away my expectations for what we paid here
- The dock is way cooler than I was expecting and sounds great. Surprisingly full low end, perhaps a bit mid heavy but no complaints at this price. A bit weird it doesn't seem it can continue playing undocked despite using bluetooth.
- Copied a 8GB video over wifi via x-plore, it averaged around 18mb/s and took about 8-10 min to copy. Playback in VLC is smooth and looks great. Huge upgrade over my 7" Acer tablet which was also FHD but this screen is so much bigger and brighter

Pics of the case and a 40 second video playback test below. I used a random scene from Gemini Man since it's the first recent 16:9 full screen movie I could recall so mild spoiler warnings if you care but nothing important really happens in the scene
Awesome.. iam still setting up
Mine .. as I was busy with other work..
sound is amazing too loud..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7928 posts
4541 upvotes
Toronto
One issue I'm noticing is that Netflix detects the device as maximum playback SD and if you search and play one of the "test pattern" videos, it maxes out at 960x540 and downloads are also noticeably smaller and lower quality than on my old tablet. Running all the latest updates at this point and Netflix is still doing this
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1646 posts
740 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: One issue I'm noticing is that Netflix detects the device as maximum playback SD and if you search and play one of the "test pattern" videos, it maxes out at 960x540 and downloads are also noticeably smaller and lower quality than on my old tablet. Running all the latest updates at this point and Netflix is still doing this
it's a known issue with Netflix... some people has reported about this in there Youtube review videos
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1646 posts
740 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: Some first impressions, pics with the case from amazon and video of HD movie playback

I liked your detailed post...Thanks for this
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1646 posts
740 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: One issue I'm noticing is that Netflix detects the device as maximum playback SD and if you search and play one of the "test pattern" videos, it maxes out at 960x540 and downloads are also noticeably smaller and lower quality than on my old tablet. Running all the latest updates at this point and Netflix is still doing this
Same issue on Amazon Prime Videos app ...when I go into App settings it's letting me select streaming quality as @.46gb/hour has the best quality and 0.14gb/hour is lower quality

Maybe they put restrictions for international markets where internet is not cheap or free.. it's some productive practical move by Lenovo...

I actually can compromise on lower quality on streaming apps not an issue or I could load a memory card with 4K quality content and play on VLC

There should be no reason I will be returning this beautiful device now
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2458 posts
3157 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ReeGee wrote: ...I used a random scene from Gemini Man since it's the first recent 16:9 full screen movie I could recall so mild spoiler warnings if you care but nothing important really happens in the scene
Thanks for the sample vid, but man, Gemini Man was that ever the biggest POS movie that I have seen in the last couple years!! Is Will Smith the next Nicholas Cage / John Travolta making a sh!t movie just for the payday, they must have thrown a bunch of sacks of money at him to make this turd.