Expired Hot Deals

eBay.ca

Lenovo Tab M10 HD, 10.1" IPS Touch 400 nits, 4GB, 64GB eMMC, Android 10 - $ 157.99 (Free Shipping)

[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
856 posts
3827 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[eBay.ca] Lenovo Tab M10 HD, 10.1" IPS Touch 400 nits, 4GB, 64GB eMMC, Android 10 - $ 157.99 (Free Shipping)

This listing is through Lenovo Canada e-bay store not any 3rd party.

Lenovo Canada is selling it for 174.99 on their website.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets/an ... MD00000427
Last edited by canadianamigo13 on Aug 5th, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If one person finds my post useful, I consider it as a job well done....
18 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14561 posts
31303 upvotes
Anyone here have this unit and could share a small review ? Thanks
Dec 2, 2019
298 posts
682 upvotes
I had a bit different version of this tablet (128GB storage and alexa dock included in bundle). Overall, it's not worth this price. You will probably have issues with the processor capability, FHD content viewing in YouTube/Netflix/Amazon prime etc. Some applications may/may not install due to that widevine licencing issue (with mostly all Chinese tablets in general).

I sold mine and bought iPad. Even the amazon fire HD10 (2021 version, which I have as well) is better than this in my opinion (especially when you debloat that fireHD10 or keep it if you like amazon user interface).
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24347 posts
31237 upvotes
life359 wrote: 1280 x 800
I was going to post this until I read that, yesterday.

Sorry gentlemen, this is DOA.

P.S. Processor optimization performance on this platform is poor.

P.P.S. The Amazon Fire HD 10 (2021) has a faster CPU, FHD IPS Screen, and goes on sale at $159.99 ($149.99 Staples) every few months.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Aug 5th, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1644 posts
3141 upvotes
Vancouver
So my local Shoppers has this for $100. After points offers, that comes out to $67 after taxes. Still not sure if its worth it at $67.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4823 posts
4836 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Stupid question, I never use Amazon Fire xx device before. But I think it have to use Amazon app store, not Google Play store?

So anyapp I purchased before via Google play store , and I my family library can't be use??
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1269 posts
1172 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: So my local Shoppers has this for $100. After points offers, that comes out to $67 after taxes. Still not sure if its worth it at $67.

64/4GB model?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
cheapshopper wrote: Stupid question, I never use Amazon Fire xx device before. But I think it have to use Amazon app store, not Google Play store?

So anyapp I purchased before via Google play store , and I my family library can't be use??
True.

I bought each of my kids a fire tablet for Christmas a few years ago and the real limiting factor was the amazon app store.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15162 posts
6231 upvotes
RFD
cheapshopper wrote: Stupid question, I never use Amazon Fire xx device before. But I think it have to use Amazon app store, not Google Play store?

kr0zet wrote: True.

I bought each of my kids a fire tablet for Christmas a few years ago and the real limiting factor was the amazon app store.
I just bought the Fire HD and with the help of RFD members they pointed me to use Fire Toolbox which allows you to have Google Play Store on the Fire HD tablet among other great things. Works very well!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
radeonboy wrote: I just bought the Fire HD and with the help of RFD members they pointed me to use Fire Toolbox which allows you to have Google Play Store on the Fire HD tablet among other great things. Works very well!
Are you sideloading apps or installing them directly from your Google account? I thought that the fire toolbox limited you to sideloading only?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6353 posts
2272 upvotes
Calgary
kr0zet wrote: Are you sideloading apps or installing them directly from your Google account? I thought that the fire toolbox limited you to sideloading only?
fire toolbox allows you to install all google apps (including play store) and change the default launcher to something like nova for a normal android experience. The only issues are some of the natively installed apps need to run the fire version not the play store version, but its not many apps.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
T3rry wrote: fire toolbox allows you to install all google apps (including play store) and change the default launcher to something like nova for a normal android experience. The only issues are some of the natively installed apps need to run the fire version not the play store version, but its not many apps.
So if I have a google account, can I link it to my Fire tablet so that I don't have to purchase the apps again? I'm thinking Minecraft for my son, I bought it on Google Play.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15162 posts
6231 upvotes
RFD
kr0zet wrote: Are you sideloading apps or installing them directly from your Google account? I thought that the fire toolbox limited you to sideloading only?
Installed apps directly from Google account. No sideloading as of yet, but as @T3rry pointed out below, some apps from Play Store won't work, you'd need to install those from the Amazon store, not many apps overall fall in this category.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6353 posts
2272 upvotes
Calgary
kr0zet wrote: So if I have a google account, can I link it to my Fire tablet so that I don't have to purchase the apps again? I'm thinking Minecraft for my son, I bought it on Google Play.
yes, you can use google play just like on any other device.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
T3rry wrote: fire toolbox allows you to install all google apps (including play store) and change the default launcher to something like nova for a normal android experience. The only issues are some of the natively installed apps need to run the fire version not the play store version, but its not many apps.
radeonboy wrote: Installed apps directly from Google account. No sideloading as of yet, but as @T3rry pointed out below, some apps from Play Store won't work, you'd need to install those from the Amazon store, not many apps overall fall in this category.
Thanks;

I'll check it out. TIL.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11533 posts
9160 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote: And on a 10" tab no less. :facepalm:
That's rough for 10", really need FHD at this size. Even at 8" the difference is very noticeable.