[eBay.ca] Lenovo ThinkPad T470s, 14" i5-6300U 8GB DDR4 256GB SSD - $679.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 3:37 am
[OP]
Jun 9, 2016
284 posts
996 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Lenovo ThinkPad T470s, 14" i5-6300U 8GB DDR4 256GB SSD - $679.99

Came across this Think Pad from the official lenovo store on ebay deals. Great price for a thinkpad. Lenovo has it for 739.99 + 6% cashback.

Specs:

Processor- 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-6300U with vPro™ (2.40GHz, up to 3.0GHz with Turbo Boost, 3MB Cache)
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64
Display Type - 14” FHD (1920 X 1080) IPS, anti-glare
Memory - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM)
Hard Drive- 256GB SSD PCIe
Warranty - 1 year Depot or Carry-in
AC Adapter - 45W AC Adapter
Graphics - Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 520
Battery - 3 cell Li-Ion 23.5Wh
Camera - 720p HD
Fingerprint Reader - Fingerprint Reader
Keyboard - Backlit - US English
Wireless - Intel® Dual Band 8260 Wireless AC (2 x 2) with vPro™ & Bluetooth® 4.1
Rear Battery - 3 cell Li-Ion 26Wh

Link: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad ... 3397601038
18 replies
Mar 18, 2008
513 posts
157 upvotes
Says buyer may be subject to custom and other fees.
Aug 17, 2012
397 posts
513 upvotes
Victoria
If you're okay with a slightly older processor like this then I highly recommend Bauer Systems over a deal like this. They sell similar refurbished systems for around $400. I've had one for about 8 months and it has been solid with great battery life. Just search RFD forum for Bauer Systems.
Nov 12, 2012
466 posts
466 upvotes
Mississauga
is the Seller legit Lenovo..? only 20 reviews...!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1971 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto
Keep in mind that Lenovo changed a bunch of things from the x280/T480 models, including USB-C as for charging. This old "square-y" connector will become a bit phased out overtime.
Also I would prefer getting at least from 8th Gen Core i series, where they managed to get proper quad cores, not hyper threading.

Other than that, those TP are tanks. I've been using them at work, T420 -> X230 -> T430 -> T440 -> T460 -> T480 currently. Very sturdy and rather compact.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15027 posts
2961 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
audioarchetype wrote: If you're okay with a slightly older processor like this then I highly recommend Bauer Systems over a deal like this. They sell similar refurbished systems for around $400. I've had one for about 8 months and it has been solid with great battery life. Just search RFD forum for Bauer Systems.
470s?

I saw 450s for $400ish, not 470s
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
neonic wrote: Keep in mind that Lenovo changed a bunch of things from the x280/T480 models, including USB-C as for charging. This old "square-y" connector will become a bit phased out overtime.
Also I would prefer getting at least from 8th Gen Core i series, where they managed to get proper quad cores, not hyper threading.

Other than that, those TP are tanks. I've been using them at work, T420 -> X230 -> T430 -> T440 -> T460 -> T480 currently. Very sturdy and rather compact.
They also changed many things for the worse, such as removing the removable battery and other features that made a ThinkPad what it was, in order to make it into a MacBook clone.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3586 posts
815 upvotes
I dont like this part... Memory - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM)
You would install a 8GB stick and have 12gb. But then you are not getting real dual channel anymore and loosing 4gb.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2047 posts
1251 upvotes
Markham
neonic wrote: Keep in mind that Lenovo changed a bunch of things from the x280/T480 models, including USB-C as for charging. This old "square-y" connector will become a bit phased out overtime.

Please stay away from T480s unless good deal ot has extended warranty. Our work got it and so many issues. Higher than T470s or T460s.
Good thing is, it has 8GB soldered and have one empty memory slot.
People also damage USB-C charging port more.
Poutinesauce wrote:
They also changed many things for the worse, such as removing the removable battery and other features that made a ThinkPad what it was, in order to make it into a MacBook clone.
I hate the not removable battery but its inevitable with slimmer design. However, unlike Apple products, its easier to remove cover and change battery, memory and HDD.
EEE2 wrote: I dont like this part... Memory - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM)
You would install a 8GB stick and have 12gb. But then you are not getting real dual channel anymore and loosing 4gb.
True. I would say $600 is a good price point for this laptop if its from Lenovo.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3113 posts
326 upvotes
wasn't the T470 on for $669.00 on BF and many instances before that, on lenovo website?
既生瑜,何生亮?

Ebay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6746 posts
2329 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: Please stay away from T480s unless good deal ot has extended warranty. Our work got it and so many issues. Higher than T470s or T460s.
What are some of the issues that you've seen with the t480s in comparison to the older ones? By all review, it seems to be a much better machine.

I don't see how anyone can damage the usb-c port. It's certainly not as sturdy as the big rectangle but usbc is where everyone is moving ot nowadays.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1971 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto
kunamvahees wrote:
Please stay away from T480s unless good deal ot has extended warranty. Our work got it and so many issues. Higher than T470s or T460s.
Well it isn't up to me, I just get what they have haha. It's holding fine so far, most of my colleagues were upgraded to T480 last year and I haven't heard of any issues.

Poutinesauce wrote: They also changed many things for the worse, such as removing the removable battery and other features that made a ThinkPad what it was, in order to make it into a MacBook clone.
Ah sure, I meant not like as upgrade, more like on the fact that for T470 will get harder to find parts like charger or docks.

But I think the T460 already had dual batteries? one internal and other removable, no?
vivibaby wrote: What are some of the issues that you've seen with the t480s in comparison to the older ones? By all review, it seems to be a much better machine.

I don't see how anyone can damage the usb-c port. It's certainly not as sturdy as the big rectangle but usbc is where everyone is moving ot nowadays.
yeahhh. Back in the days we had to order those special lenovo power brick, now we can use any USB-C PD and voila.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5406 posts
1161 upvotes
EEE2 wrote: I dont like this part... Memory - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM)
Most ultrabooks do not even allow upgrade of memory, so at least with this one you can.
Dec 18, 2013
337 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver
audioarchetype wrote: If you're okay with a slightly older processor like this then I highly recommend Bauer Systems over a deal like this. They sell similar refurbished systems for around $400. I've had one for about 8 months and it has been solid with great battery life. Just search RFD forum for Bauer Systems.
I need to get the wife a new laptop, she does not much more than minor spreadsheets and web surfing, the only real pre-requisities are:

- separate numeric keys section (for data entry)
- 1080 screen
- decent battery life
- 8 gig memory and SSD preferred, but I can always upgrade if the price is right for a lacking unit

Is there any sort of a "sweet spot" model on Bauer at the moment that would tick all those boxes?
Jul 20, 2011
284 posts
277 upvotes
GTA
teemaxx wrote: I need to get the wife a new laptop, she does not much more than minor spreadsheets and web surfing, the only real pre-requisities are:

- separate numeric keys section (for data entry)
- 1080 screen
- decent battery life
- 8 gig memory and SSD preferred, but I can always upgrade if the price is right for a lacking unit

Is there any sort of a "sweet spot" model on Bauer at the moment that would tick all those boxes?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
HP elitebook 8750W $275 , need to put a SSD in.
only workstation/pro laptop has separate numeric key section, but battery life of those laptops are usually around 3 hours.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12926 posts
2221 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
ThinkPad T560 and P50(s) have the numeric keypad. The resolution of the T560 start at 768, so you'll have to verify if it has FHD or better resolution. P50/P50s seem to be FHD or higher. Don't know about battery life. Check the reviews at notebookcheck.net.

The P50 models that Bauer Systems have are quad, so won't get good battery life there, but the P50s has a U (ultralow voltage) CPU, as do the T560 models they have.

I think most ThinkPads with the nVidia graphics can be disabled, so you can use the Intel graphics to save power.