[eBay.ca] LG OLED65CX 65" OLED TV all time low $2469.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 7:20 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
40 posts
23 upvotes

[eBay.ca] LG OLED65CX 65" OLED TV all time low $2469.99

I just bought this TV at costco, not long ago, it was on sale for around $2560, total bill came up to $2860 or so.

This is a much better deal, free shipping and with taxes and all your total will come up to $2591

I can't recommend this TV enough, I use it for gaming, editing, watching shows and movies, it is the most versatile premium TV out there, and very good overall package.

However if you buy it from costco, it will come with an extra 3 years of purchasable warranty, so that is a total of 5 years, and we all know that OLED TVs have a screen burn problem, I bought the warranty with it so its definitely worth it, but my bill after that came to $3090 or so, which is a bit pricey, so this deal is definitely worth it.

Coupon code PICKTHETV
Images
  • Screenshot_20201126-123942_eBay.jpg
  • 20201126_123105.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 26th, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2698 posts
2219 upvotes
Toronto
Darko11031 wrote: I just bought this TV at costco, not long ago, it was on sale for around $2560, total bill came up to $2860 or so.

This is a much better deal, free shipping and with taxes and all your total will come up to $2591

I can't recommend this TV enough, I use it for gaming, editing, watching shows and movies, it is the most versatile premium TV out there, and very good overall package.

However if you buy it from costco, it will come with an extra 3 years of purchasable warranty, so that is a total of 5 years, and we all know that OLED TVs have a screen burn problem, I bought the warranty with it so its definitely worth it, but my bill after that came to $3090 or so, which is a bit pricey, so this deal is definitely worth it.

Coupon code PICKTHETV
@daveelance already posted this deal

ebay-canada-lg-oleds-55cx-1-823-65cx-2- ... #p33562695
Jun 16, 2007
845 posts
398 upvotes
Darko11031 wrote: However if you buy it from costco, it will come with an extra 3 years of purchasable warranty, so that is a total of 5 years, and we all know that OLED TVs have a screen burn problem, I bought the warranty with it so its definitely worth it, but my bill after that came to $3090 or so, which is a bit pricey, so this deal is definitely worth it.
Too many people don't do their research and perpetuate this myth. Costco TV extendable warranties do NOT cover burn-in.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2444 posts
1153 upvotes
Mississauga
Darko11031 wrote:
Furtive wrote: Too many people don't do their research and perpetuate this myth. Costco TV extendable warranties do NOT cover burn-in.
+1. Also, this isn't the lowest. Lowest was if you scratched 20% off at Leons on the $2600 price, making it $2080. I only scratched 15%, which made it $2210.

But Costco isn't the insurer, Assurion is, and there are numerous reports of it not being covered, albeit a few cases where it was. So its more of YMMV, rather than, 'it will be covered'

nonetheless, decent price. But this morning, I've shared that if you can make your costco order $3000 or more, (tv is $2600), add $400 filler items (warranty eats away at $99 of that) and you can get another $350 gc... which is around 11% off... and if you transfer that to the $2600, you're better than this deal above, and way better standard warranty and return policy.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Aug 24, 2016
324 posts
143 upvotes
When was this leon's promo? Will they have it again?
vinnie1990 wrote: +1. Also, this isn't the lowest. Lowest was if you scratched 20% off at Leons on the $2600 price, making it $2080. I only scratched 15%, which made it $2210.

But Costco isn't the insurer, Assurion is, and there are numerous reports of it not being covered, albeit a few cases where it was. So its more of YMMV, rather than, 'it will be covered'

nonetheless, decent price. But this morning, I've shared that if you can make your costco order $3000 or more, (tv is $2600), add $400 filler items (warranty eats away at $99 of that) and you can get another $350 gc... which is around 11% off... and if you transfer that to the $2600, you're better than this deal above, and way better standard warranty and return policy.
Aug 24, 2016
324 posts
143 upvotes
$1769 for the 55" CX or $1400 for the 65" X900H?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3402 posts
1066 upvotes
vinnie1990 wrote: +1. Also, this isn't the lowest. Lowest was if you scratched 20% off at Leons on the $2600 price, making it $2080. I only scratched 15%, which made it $2210.

Scratching over 10% required extreme luck so this isn't an honest evaluation of deals available on this TV. It's not too different from saying there was an all time low on a manager clearance special or something.
Dec 24, 2015
317 posts
353 upvotes
I would have jumped at the costco deal, but it was oos by the time i woke up.
I blame the stock market not being open today =(
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
40 posts
23 upvotes
The screen burn in is not covered but there is a way around it, Asurion covers other things, that if it happened to the TV they will service you.

You just need to figure out what to say to them.

Last time I replaced a samaung phone for burn in, i just said it restarts on its on and is laggy which was true at that time.

Not sure if TVs are the same but I am guessing after 4 years of heavy use this TV will have issues that I can mention to them.

But I am tempted to just return the TV and get this one instead,

The Leon deal does not exist, I apoke to them.
Nov 7, 2012
230 posts
85 upvotes

If you have a time machine available, it was briefly down to $2000+tax at Canada computers about two years ago. I bought it three months before that for $2500 with a free soundbar and got a $100 price adjustment with my credit card.
Aug 13, 2013
50 posts
54 upvotes
Montr
VanceMendoza wrote: Scratching over 10% required extreme luck so this isn't an honest evaluation of deals available on this TV. It's not too different from saying there was an all time low on a manager clearance special or something.
It wasn't really hard to get 10%. I scratched 5% and they voluntary scratched another one and got 10%. haha. I didn't even had to say anything XD. But hey, it was an hassle and I don't know if I trust Leon more than Ebay haha!
Jul 14, 2019
49 posts
64 upvotes

Correct. Best buy is the only retailer that covers burn-in
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
40 posts
23 upvotes
On their main site, Asurion clearly states that pixel burn out is covered under the warranty.

There is no OLED specific warranty, its just TVs in general, wo I am guessing that it is covered, however its best not to mention it to them, just say, the TV acts out and doesn't connect to wifi and some times it restarts on its own while I'm watching tv.
Images
  • 20201126_142039.jpg
Apr 21, 2016
77 posts
90 upvotes
A few weeks ago when i was shopping around for Tv's I went to visions to see what would be bottom dollar figures on the 65 Q90T and the 65cx. After a while of negotiating the sales rep dropped the price of the 65Cx to $2300 (Had to haggle quite a bit) and $2100 for the Q90t. Ended up going to best buy as I trust them over Visions and they actually matched the $2300 for the CX (I felt lucky I got that so YMMV Hard depending on the manager). In the end, I ended up with the Q90T, but just wanted to let you guys know how low the right Visions rep might go!
Jan 20, 2007
331 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
Darko11031 wrote: On their main site, Asurion clearly states that pixel burn out is covered under the warranty.

There is no OLED specific warranty, its just TVs in general, wo I am guessing that it is covered, however its best not to mention it to them, just say, the TV acts out and doesn't connect to wifi and some times it restarts on its own while I'm watching tv.
Unfortunately Pixel Burn Out and Burn In are two different things...
Asurion's fine print specifically states it is not covered in their fine print:

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED: [...] (20) BURNED-IN PHOSPHOR IN CATHODE RAY TUBES OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DISPLAY;"
Jan 27, 2014
67 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Broskah wrote: $1769 for the 55" CX or $1400 for the 65" X900H?
Curious who currently has the x900h in stock for that price? That's what I am looking for.
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
40 posts
23 upvotes
Yeah but you can argue that OLED TVs are not made off of phosphor in kathod ray tubes, but better not to mention it, and mention other problems, like power delivery issues, these are covered.
May 3, 2018
123 posts
141 upvotes
The 55 CX came up to ~1823 after taxes, couldn't say no to that.

Estimated delivery Tuesday, Jan 19, 2021 - Monday, Feb 1, 2021
Last edited by dealhunterog on Nov 26th, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 24, 2016
324 posts
143 upvotes
Amazon. Arriving Feb 1st Loudly Crying Face
eggmanx wrote: Curious who currently has the x900h in stock for that price? That's what I am looking for.
Nov 17, 2017
19 posts
23 upvotes
Darko11031 wrote: On their main site, Asurion clearly states that pixel burn out is covered under the warranty.

Pixel burn out is a different problem. That would refer to a pixel not working or numerous pixels not working creating a blank area on the screen. Pixel burn in is an area of the TV having a permanent image "ghost" retained from a static image such as a news ticker or health bar from a video game left on the screen for many hours. It would be best to clarify this before making any assumptions on the warranty.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)