Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, ATX) - $280.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 10:51 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes

[eBay.ca] MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, ATX) - $280.99

Slowly picking up the pieces for my first build, and I've spend a fair bit of time researching motherboards. After a lot of consideration, I am going with an x570 vs. a b550.

There are tons of options, but this is the only motherboard that has excellent reviews all across (New Egg, Amazon, YouTube, PCPartPicker, Canada Computers). People seem to be praising the VRM, which is one main reason I am interested in this model.

Anyway, upon release this motherboard had exorbitant pricing due to high demand. The motherboard it self seems to be hard to get your hands on, and since this is seemingly the lowest price it has been, I decided to pull the trigger now vs. waiting for further discount. Who knows, with COVID cases rapidly rising again, and with the release of new GPUs and CPUs, the DIY-PC building mania may not be over, therefore I suspect we may not see noticeable price reductions for certain components in the shorter term. I'm new to this, so someone better informed is welcomed to correct me :)

The eBay seller is New Egg, which is interesting to see that they priced the mobo cheaper on eBay than on their own website.

Info easily attainable with a google search:
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ / Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600 MHz
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 29 effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION supports both RGB and RAINBOW LED strip.
- Frozr Heatsink Design: Designed with the patented fan and double ball bearings to provide the best performance for enthusiast gamers and prosumers.
- Set Core Power Free: Extended Heatsink Design, Core Boost, Digital PWM IC, 8+4 pin CPU power connectors, Game Boost, DDR4 Boost
- AUDIO BOOST: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- Dragon Center: A brand new software which integrates all MSI tools like GAME MODE, LIVE UPDATE, AMBIENT LINK with user friendly user interface.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
NickL645 wrote: This is a X570 Board, B550 isn't even comparable.
Depending on your wants/needs, it is a good alternative imho.
Oct 18, 2012
854 posts
1251 upvotes
Montréal
This makes a good pair with NZXT H510 !
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1130 posts
211 upvotes
YYZ
I would wait for the new Zen 3 chip and pair it with the 3000 series nvidia card
Dec 20, 2019
935 posts
3387 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
I was planning to slowly pick parts at first but now am a bit apprehensive. What if something breaks and you're past the 30 days? Furthermore, there is so many new tech coming out in the next few months that it would be wiser just to wait; just ask everyone who brought a 2080 ti in the last couple of months Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. This is not a generational leap for NVIDIA, but one of the biggest in a decade or so; imagine if AMD pulled something similar.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
soonleaf wrote: This makes a good pair with NZXT H510 !
My H510 is on delivery as we speak! Made a thread on that case as well, as it is (or was) at an all time low price.
bas00m wrote: I would wait for the new Zen 3 chip and pair it with the 3000 series nvidia card
I am looking to pre order the 3080 (still deciding if FE or AIB) for sure, hopefully I can get my hands on one sooner than later. As for the CPU, I am waiting for Zen 3 to release with the hopes that a 3900x drops in price, or that some crazy good value is offered in a 10-12 core 4000 series Ryzen. Fingers crossed !
Patrickpete wrote: I was planning to slowly pick parts at first but now am a bit apprehensive. What if something breaks and you're past the 30 days? Furthermore, there is so many new tech coming out in the next few months that it would be wiser just to wait; just ask everyone who brought a 2080 ti in the last couple of months Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. This is not a generational leap for NVIDIA, but one of the biggest in a decade or so; imagine if AMD pulled something similar.
Very valid point Patrick. I only picked up the RAM, case and motherboard. All other components are on hold until I have the GPU and CPU. The RAM isn't shipping until mid October, so my 30 days will start thereafter and I plan on being fully equipped by November. I guess I am taking a bit of a gamble on the motherboard tbh. Wonder if there is a way to test it prior to having all components.. doubtful.

October 8th couldn't come soon enough... hehe
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
3725 posts
2534 upvotes
NickL645 wrote: This is a X570 Board, B550 isn't even comparable.
Both are comparable. The only difference is the the general purpose PCI-E and CPU uplinks are Gen3 in B550 and Gen4 in X570, which in the real world makes very little difference at this point. That may change with Zen3 and future CPU's but at the moment it doesn't mean diddley, although a lot of B550 boards are close to the same price.

https://www.wepc.com/tips/b550-vs-x570/

The one for sale at Amazon doesn't seem to have wi-fi but most people wouldn't care about that but again depends on the user.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: Both are comparable. The only difference is the the general purpose PCI-E and CPU uplinks are Gen3 in B550 and Gen4 in X570, which in the real world makes very little difference at this point. That may change with Zen3 and future CPU's but at the moment it doesn't mean diddley, although a lot of B550 boards are close to the same price.

https://www.wepc.com/tips/b550-vs-x570/

The one for sale at Amazon doesn't seem to have wi-fi but most people wouldn't care about that but again depends on the user.
Yeah, honestly the two boards are good. I just paid the extra $100 for the PCIe 4.0 CPU uplink , and the extra PCIe 4.0 ports which i probably will never use! Im not sure if on a RAID 0 the second PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot would make a difference, still trying to understand RAID
Jan 12, 2012
562 posts
1091 upvotes
Calgary
Parrajara wrote: My H510 is on delivery as we speak! Made a thread on that case as well, as it is (or was) at an all time low price.

I am looking to pre order the 3080 (still deciding if FE or AIB) for sure, hopefully I can get my hands on one sooner than later. As for the CPU, I am waiting for Zen 3 to release with the hopes that a 3900x drops in price, or that some crazy good value is offered in a 10-12 core 4000 series Ryzen. Fingers crossed !

Very valid point Patrick. I only picked up the RAM, case and motherboard. All other components are on hold until I have the GPU and CPU. The RAM isn't shipping until mid October, so my 30 days will start thereafter and I plan on being fully equipped by November. I guess I am taking a bit of a gamble on the motherboard tbh. Wonder if there is a way to test it prior to having all components.. doubtful.

October 8th couldn't come soon enough... hehe
World of building a box, there is always something else coming out.
Dec 9, 2016
403 posts
314 upvotes
i just got a brand new i9 9900k for 400$ brand new on kijiji now i need a good motherboard for that any recommendation i want a good one not a 150$ type of motherboard i want supa saiyan
Aug 5, 2007
551 posts
498 upvotes
amd is announcing new zen3 processors in 2 weeks.. and there maybe a x670 chipset included with that announcement. unlikely but possible. depends how much they want to milk AM4
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
fromage wrote: amd is announcing new zen3 processors in 2 weeks.. and there maybe a x670 chipset included with that announcement. unlikely but possible. depends how much they want to milk AM4
Damn, I would be surprised if there was a x670 chipset, that would mean more to learn for me :(

Fortunately, if there was I would be well within my 30 day return period. The ETA for my motherboard is around Sept 29, and I don't plan on opening until after Zen 3 announcement
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1179 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
I have this board, did my reasearch, very happy with it.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3463 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
Parrajara wrote: Damn, I would be surprised if there was a x670 chipset, that would mean more to learn for me :(
Zen3/4000 is the last AM4 release, so it's doubtful anything big gets added if x670 ends up existing. At most it would probably just be a rehash of x570 with more connectivity. And considering how expensive pcie4 drives are at the moment, a good B550/X570 will see most people out of AM4 reliably.
Oct 9, 2014
84 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Isn't Asus Prime X570-P cheaper than this MSI?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
feiya200 wrote: Isn't Asus Prime X570-P cheaper than this MSI?
Yes, there are plenty of cheaper, and quite frankly really good options. Like @Sgmtl, I did a lot of research before picking this motherboard. I hope to be equally as satisfied with it !
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1179 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
feiya200 wrote: Isn't Asus Prime X570-P cheaper than this MSI?
I looked at this board and the fact that there's no optical out killed it for me.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)