Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Newegg eBay Store: Synology DS1019+, $868 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2020 4:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5663 posts
1638 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Newegg eBay Store: Synology DS1019+, $868 (YMMV)

Hey folks,

Based on Keepa and 3C this looks like an ATL. You need to use coupon code TIMEFORTEN to see the discount. This NAS was originally listed for $999.99 and discounted to $929.99. Applying the discount code brings it to ~$868 + tax. For some reason it's not an exact 10% but technically the discount isn't supposed to exceed $50 so you're saving a bit more. Don't forget Rakuten!

Given this is a more expensive I'm sure we'll see users chime in with unRAID/Freenas alternatives but I for one am in the market for a Synology as I really value the simplicity.

Edit: It does appear the code is YMMV as some users indicate the code does not work. YMMV!
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 28th, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
9 replies
May 21, 2006
215 posts
340 upvotes
Coupon code doesn't work for me. Could be targeted coupon.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5663 posts
1638 upvotes
silentg wrote: Coupon code doesn't work for me. Could be targeted coupon.
Oh interesting, looks like you're right. I came across the coupon as it appeared on the main eBay.ca page but the T&C's do state "invited, registered eBay users"

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Who’s eligible for the Coupon?
Only invited, registered eBay users who see the Coupon in My eBay are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—Coupon is not transferable.

How to redeem your Coupon:

Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: TIMEFORTEN
Pay for your item by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on May 3rd, 2020
Terms & Conditions:
This Coupon is a 10% discount, valid from 08:00 AM Eastern Time April 22nd, 2020 until 11:59PM Eastern Time on May 3rd, 2020. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of USD $50. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com, cafr.ebay.ca and ebay.ca. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user. Coupon does not apply to auction-style listings or purchases made through the Best Offer feature.

Only eBay users registered on ebay.com, ebay.ca and cafr.ebay.ca, with an address located in the United States or Canada are eligible for the Coupon. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is funded by eBay; Coupon is subject to Canadian and U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time including in response to fraudulent activity.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1733 posts
1146 upvotes
Calgary
Why buy a high quality synology with low power usage when I can freenas on a potato clock with rubber bands?

Code also doesn't work for me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5663 posts
1638 upvotes
Suthek wrote: Why buy a high quality synology with low power usage when I can freenas on a potato clock with rubber bands?

Better hope that clock as at least 2GB of ram!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3809 posts
3863 upvotes
Alberta
Suthek wrote: Why buy a high quality synology with low power usage when I can freenas on a potato clock with rubber bands?

Some people have the means and prefer living above potato.
Jan 8, 2015
819 posts
514 upvotes
I never get an invite from ebay. What's the secret? Do I need to buy a lot from ebay?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1733 posts
1146 upvotes
Calgary
Quickman wrote: I never get an invite from ebay. What's the secret? Do I need to buy a lot from ebay?
I think you need to buy less.
Hard to say though.

My previous coupons came more often when I didn’t order stuff. Could just be me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5663 posts
1638 upvotes
Quickman wrote: I never get an invite from ebay. What's the secret? Do I need to buy a lot from ebay?
I never received an invite per se, I just saw the code advertised on the main www.ebay.ca page.