Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[eBay.ca] Nintendo Switch Console 297$

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2018 11:21 am
Sep 7, 2014
544 posts
594 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Arrrrgh, I want to buy one but I also want a new hardware revision...but these prices keep going lower...and lower!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2039 posts
789 upvotes
je190060 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:08 pm
Its one of the most recognized reseller on Ebay. Always featured when there is big promotions. I've personnaly bought a PS4 from him in the past, and had 0 issues. Plus Ebay politics are very good if anything were to happen, which I doubt.
Yeah, it's The Source warehouse or something. I also bought my PS4 from them back in 2014. Still running great.
Aug 29, 2010
300 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 2:11 pm
Arrrrgh, I want to buy one but I also want a new hardware revision...but these prices keep going lower...and lower!
Why, what's the problem with these ones? Is the one that's selling tomorrow bundled with Mario Kart a newer model?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
3359 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
these guys always change their prices to coincide with the coupons available, when it was 15% off yesterday the switches were listed for $349.99
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1126 posts
288 upvotes
technique wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 2:09 pm
What do you think are the chances of receiving a safe to buy switch? I got the shoppers deal, but im tempted to return it for this...
It's possible that many of the older models are still floating around, I wouldnt buy directly from nintendo or amazon (shipped by nintendo) i would imagine they starting flooding the newer not hackable ones onto the market.

I think your best bet is to check various retailers like walmart, bestbuy, the source and ask if you can see the serial # ahead of time. Alternatively there is a $20 NS atmosphere dongle you can buy that loads the switch in a modded state. The only thing is you need to boot it with a usb pen for a few seconds every time the battery dies. You can minimize this buying putting it in sleep mode and charging often.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2018
40 posts
63 upvotes
puroeuro wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:31 pm
If anyone is interested in modding these, you can find out by the serial #, unfortunately with ebay orders you cant see it ahead of time, but here is a link to which can be modded and other versions you can use a payloader.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but since many users really seems to care about having an old switch, what are the benefits of modding the switch, and if so, could people DM me how to do it easily (I have a day one switch).
Sep 7, 2014
544 posts
594 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Lemonylol wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 2:46 pm
Why, what's the problem with these ones? Is the one that's selling tomorrow bundled with Mario Kart a newer model?
Oh, definitely nothing wrong!

I usually hold off on Nintendo consoles until they do a hardware revision. For the Switch, if it remains portable-only, I'm holding out for better battery and maybe less bezel? My dream would be for an immobile version for couch gaming lol
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4527 posts
1643 upvotes
Markham
Is this the best deal for switch? I couldn't find any better and all the other retailers have made their deals known.

The SDM gift card bundle but i'd take straight discount over shoppers gift card.
Aug 6, 2012
349 posts
30 upvotes
EDMONTON
puroeuro wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 2:52 pm
It's possible that many of the older models are still floating around, I wouldnt buy directly from nintendo or amazon (shipped by nintendo) i would imagine they starting flooding the newer not hackable ones onto the market.

I think your best bet is to check various retailers like walmart, bestbuy, the source and ask if you can see the serial # ahead of time. Alternatively there is a $20 NS atmosphere dongle you can buy that loads the switch in a modded state. The only thing is you need to boot it with a usb pen for a few seconds every time the battery dies. You can minimize this buying putting it in sleep mode and charging often.
And the dongle works for any patched switch? Does it give all the same functionality as the non patched ones?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1126 posts
288 upvotes
je190060 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 2:59 pm
I know this is slightly off-topic, but since many users really seems to care about having an old switch, what are the benefits of modding the switch, and if so, could people DM me how to do it easily (I have a day one switch).
Go on reddit for full details and tutorials, r/SwitchHacks , r/SwitchHaxing , r/SwitchPirates

benefits are: Run homebrew and play pirated games are the biggest reasons...
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1126 posts
288 upvotes
technique wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 3:26 pm
And the dongle works for any patched switch? Does it give all the same functionality as the non patched ones?
Yes i believe so, keep in mind if your doing this you can't go online or you risk the console being banned. (Banned doesn't mean its bricked, you just wont be able to update, play online or access things like eShop)
Aug 22, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
Is this dead ? I’m unable to apply the coupon
Nov 27, 2013
602 posts
509 upvotes
evoviii wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 3:24 pm
Is this the best deal for switch? I couldn't find any better and all the other retailers have made their deals known.

The SDM gift card bundle but i'd take straight discount over shoppers gift card.
It's the best deal in terms of just a straight discount on the console that I've seen. After all is said and done with taxes it's basically a difference of $95 compared to the reg price.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4527 posts
1643 upvotes
Markham
leoneo wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 4:50 pm
Is this dead ? I’m unable to apply the coupon
Coupon ends 11/26 11:59pm. did you use more than once?