Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Onn Tablet Pro 10.1" - FHD, 3GB RAM, GPS, 2Ghz Octa-core [Open Box] - $120 CAD (Pre-Tax Ontario) // $140 CAD (All-In)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2021 9:29 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1477 posts
2047 upvotes
Waterloo Region
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Not sure why anyone would buy this "open-box" when for $40 more (on sale) you get brand new and better-supported tablet like Fire HD 10, with better specs, better accessories, way larger ecosystem/community, return policy, etc..
Two words, ... Pure Android.

I love the fire HD 10 as much as the next man (just ordered 2 recently thanks to OP). They are well built, low maintenance machines, but are held back by the Fire OS.
I've been looking to try this Onn tablet, definitely worth buying at this price.
I know there's some complaint about a lack of oleophobic coating on these, but i'm certain a basic screen protector should take care of that.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3482 posts
4145 upvotes
i bought 6 because apparently they should come with GPS...
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14689 posts
32273 upvotes
Pingalino wrote: Thanks OP, this is the second electronics purchase I made from your high quality posts. This one's for my Dad who was "willing to spend $1500" on a tablet to read the news and watch videos. Cheers.
You shouldn’t have stopped him and made a trade 🤣
[OP]
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24782 posts
32509 upvotes
Pingalino wrote: Thanks OP, this is the second electronics purchase I made from your high quality posts. This one's for my Dad who was "willing to spend $1500" on a tablet to read the news and watch videos. Cheers.
Thank you for the gratitude.
Glancealot wrote: i bought 6 because apparently they should come with GPS...
Confirmed on eBay.

I guess you weren't kidding.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Aug 9th, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20481 posts
5849 upvotes
Scarberia
this might be good if u wanna play those myVegas apps!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3943 posts
1392 upvotes
Belle River
Gangsta101 wrote: Two words, ... Pure Android.

I love the fire HD 10 as much as the next man (just ordered 2 recently thanks to OP). They are well built, low maintenance machines, but are held back by the Fire OS.
I've been looking to try this Onn tablet, definitely worth buying at this price.
I know there's some complaint about a lack of oleophobic coating on these, but i'm certain a basic screen protector should take care of that.
I have to add to this discussion of Fire OS, it's not just tech-minded people like us being picky. I taught my parents to use Android tablets and then tried to give one of them an Amazon tablet, it was a complete failure, it was just too different for them and they hated it.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24782 posts
32509 upvotes
hystavito wrote: I have to add to this discussion of Fire OS, it's not just tech-minded people like us being picky. I taught my parents to use Android tablets and then tried to give one of them an Amazon tablet, it was a complete failure, it was just too different for them and they hated it.
I had a similar experience with an older gentleman gifted an Amazon tablet. The same tablet only made sense to him when it was in vanilla Android mode (using Nova Launcher) via the Fire Toolbox De-Amazon De-Bloat wizard.

I suspect it was because he'd used other Android devices (tablets and phones) over the years.

Controlling for price, the Amazon Fire HD 10 is the no-brainer winner, but the Fire Toolbox is an essential tool in that value proposition. Of course, the Fire HD 10 is way more expensive right now, so here we are.
Oct 24, 2009
998 posts
1033 upvotes
Vancouver
If you don’t live together I would just get him a base model iPad. Made the mistake of getting my mom an Android tablet and the time wasted troubleshooting small issues was not worth the savings… also they can just bring it to apple store at the mall if any hardware issues.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3482 posts
4145 upvotes
average cost is exactly $120 CAD each when you buy 6 and pay USD (never pay CAD on ebay for USD orders because paypal's conversion rate sucks)

only buying because they have GPS, if i receive them and they have no GPS, i would be sad.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1339 posts
1751 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP! Seems like a solid deal. Bought two for the kids.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1339 posts
1751 upvotes
Montreal
Glancealot wrote: average cost is exactly $120 CAD each when you buy 6 and pay USD (never pay CAD on ebay for USD orders because paypal's conversion rate sucks)

only buying because they have GPS, if i receive them and they have no GPS, i would be sad.
It doesn't seem to have GPS, according to the current listing. Also, Walmart's official page for it doesn't show GPS:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-10-1-Tab ... /435637419

Also, Walmart lists its resolution as 1920 x 1200, not 1920 x 1080p. So, there are some issues with the eBay posting.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3482 posts
4145 upvotes
absolutcamper wrote: If you don’t live together I would just get him a base model iPad. Made the mistake of getting my mom an Android tablet and the time wasted troubleshooting small issues was not worth the savings… also they can just bring it to apple store at the mall if any hardware issues.
maybe she just wants to hear your voice...

Neutral Face
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Jun 23, 2017
493 posts
1009 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Good Morning Gentlemen,
The deal is good, but why addressing just gentlemen? Have anything against ladies RFD members looking for a good tablet deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1606 posts
2195 upvotes
TBH I would get the iPlay 40 or iPlay 40 Pro!

Warning its around $200 Cdn all-in though, not $135, but such an awesome tab and I found out that Android will use as much ram as it needs so it helps to have 8GB. And the LTE is convenient especially if u have the 4GB tablet plan from Fido for $5!

I might pick up another iPlay 40 Pro!
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11849 posts
9698 upvotes
Toronto
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: ETA's positive about most things ;)
I stopped watching him after he trashed a handheld he had to buy and heaped praise on every other handheld where he gets review samples. The one vid where he complained about buying it I called him out for it, then he deleted my comment and clipped that part out.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1987 posts
247 upvotes
I’m in the market for a new budget Android tablet (coming from an old LG Gpad IV 8.0). Screen off my current tablet is great, but tablet itself is super sluggish (even after factory resetting and almost no apps installed).

Does anyone know if this is a good tablet to hop onto or should I save up my money and buy something around the lines of a Samsung Tab A7 or the like?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)