Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Onn Tablet Pro 10.1" - FHD, 3GB RAM, GPS, 2Ghz Octa-core [Open Box] - $120 CAD (Pre-Tax Ontario) // $140 CAD (All-In)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2021 9:29 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3482 posts
4145 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: Warning its around $200 Cdn all-in though, not $135
your numbers are off.

i bought 6:

Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1987 posts
247 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: TBH I would get the iPlay 40 or iPlay 40 Pro!

Warning its around $200 Cdn all-in though, not $135, but such an awesome tab and I found out that Android will use as much ram as it needs so it helps to have 8GB. And the LTE is convenient especially if u have the 4GB tablet plan from Fido for $5!

I might pick up another iPlay 40 Pro!
Do you happen to have a link to a reputable seller for the iPlay 40 Pro?
Dec 6, 2008
264 posts
117 upvotes
Ottawa
Showing up for me as 100cdn plus 15 shipping. Nice, thanks OP!
Just some guy in Ottawa.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
PiusPatronus wrote: I’m in the market for a new budget Android tablet (coming from an old LG Gpad IV 8.0). Screen off my current tablet is great, but tablet itself is super sluggish (even after factory resetting and almost no apps installed).

Does anyone know if this is a good tablet to hop onto or should I save up my money and buy something around the lines of a Samsung Tab A7 or the like?
It depends on your expectations.

This is a low cost economy tablet that performs above it's price point.

If you're looking for a significantly faster more robust experience, at least get a Samsung S6 Lite for $389 to $429.

If you're looking for a slightly faster slightly better experience, buy the Samsung A7 at roughly $220.

The OP tablet is $100 cheaper before tax (equivalent), so it's a great value low cost tablet. It's performance for basic apps and media is pretty good. It's weaker on gaming but still playable on many optimized popular titles. It's also fully unlockable and rootable. The performance is pretty decent, slightly slower than both the Samsung A7 and Amazon Fire HD 10.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1084 posts
2349 upvotes
lel
I've been trying to extricate my family from the iron grip of apple for some time now. It's just really annoying when songs, files, etc are stuck in their proprietary format. They had an IPad that crapped out on them after 11 years of service.
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1636 posts
2211 upvotes
PiusPatronus wrote: Do you happen to have a link to a reputable seller for the iPlay 40 Pro?
This is their official store, it was $198 a week ago so you'll have to wait until they have a sale or coupon. I find that they'll lower and increase prices every 2-3 weeks to stimulate sales
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002738784355.html

The non-pro I got from at store named "Banggood" for $180. It took about 2 weeks to get to me

The only differences:
Pro:
8GB Ram
256GB storage
BT 5, GPS, Dual sim LTE
Android 11

Non-pro:
8GB Ram
128GB storage
BT 5, GPS, Dual sim LTE
Android 10

u can get the custom cases for them and it fits both of them. I got this one, from another seller, I think it came to $10 cdn or something
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002110127117.html

The thing is pretty good. There are probably hundreds of reviews on it so u can check Youtube or google
Last edited by l1197493 on Aug 9th, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2002 posts
2891 upvotes
There was a huge security breaches with Onn tablets recently. Not a chance I would use one even for free.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
crimsona wrote: Reading that this would be capped at 480p on Netflix due to not being on the approved list of devices?

I guess might not matter much depending on who's watching
Very likely, if it's not officially supported, it's supported through modified Netflix apks as I post about earlier in this thread.
User381785 wrote: There was a huge security breaches with Onn tablets recently. Not a chance I would use one even for free.
I've read more about this item, reports of actual compromise are scant / inconsistent. I'm not convinced this is something tweens or grandparents should worry about. The rest of us are too savvy for this to be a serious concern.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Aug 9th, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
I'm going to add this before closing tonight.

There are levels to this conversation, and for the sake of brevity I'm going to sacrifice some fine grain truths for the big picture answers.

(1) Name Brand Established Makers / Resellers: Samsung, Apple, BestBuy, Walmart, etc.
(2) Private Labels Exclusively Sold Through (1): Insignia, Onn, AmazonBasics.
(3) Chinese Makers: Many examples.

In (1) and (2), the established maker or reseller is involved in ensuring quality control and consistency in the final product. This can range from direct involvement in manufacturing, to something approximating binning, to any number of contractual arrangements favoring consistent quality output.

In (3), old world business practices and a lack of familiarity or willingness to employ modern manufacturing techniques can result in good but surprisingly inconsistent final products. The products produced here can have fantastic on-paper specifications but suffer from basic functionality issues and an overall high failure rate.

==========

The Onn brand falls in (2), I tend to avoid (3) unless the Chinese maker and/or product has a proven history of reliability.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3456 posts
912 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't waste your time with a Fire tablet. It's nothing but trouble. This seems like a much better value with a stock like ROM.
Mar 5, 2009
363 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
I have had the Onn Pro tablet for three months and like it very much. I paid $120 in Toronto but not at Walmart (Factory Direct). The tablet is a "refurb" but new as far as I can tell. It was pristine. The battery, with video, lasts about 6 hours...the only thing I can complain about, but good enough at the price. I has GPS and a 1200 x 1920 screen, 3 GB of Ram and 32 GB storage (plus microSD slot) and a metal case. I also had bought the previous Onn model but it fell off my treadmill, broke the screen and bit the dust. The new model is far superior in every way.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
Carpathian wrote: I have had the Onn Pro tablet for three months and like it very much. I paid $120 in Toronto but not at Walmart (Factory Direct). The tablet is a "refurb" but new as far as I can tell. It was pristine. The battery, with video, lasts about 6 hours...the only thing I can complain about, but good enough at the price. I has GPS and a 1200 x 1920 screen, 3 GB of Ram and 32 GB storage (plus microSD slot) and a metal case. I also had bought the previous Onn model but it fell off my treadmill, broke the screen and bit the dust. The new model is far superior in every way.
The above anecdote closely mirrors the story of many users.

Also... GPS inclusion might be real?

This is wild, check out the Q&A below from Walmart.com. The official manufacturer answer is 'Yes' it does have GPS.

Source: Page 17 or 18 of the Walmart.com Customer Q&A via:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-10-1-Tab ... /435637419
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2002 posts
2891 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Very likely, if it's not officially supported, it's supported through modified Netflix apks as I post about earlier in this thread.

I've read more about this item, reports of actual compromise are scant / inconsistent. I'm not convinced this is something tweens or grandparents should worry about. The rest of us are too savvy for this to be a serious concern.
There's a very serious issue when a mass malware Trojan has been sent out to these things as a false firmware update.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tablets/commen ... be_hacked/
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
3172 posts
500 upvotes
Some might think it has GPS because it works with google maps at home with wifi showing their location but I do wonder if anyone tested it without wifi or using a gps app to check. I gave up on fire tablets since they didn't have GPS
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1082 posts
1119 upvotes
The Lenovo m10 tablets, brand new, straight from Lenovo just recently were a far better deal. Not a noname brand and not openbox. 4gb ram. No crossborder/customs delays, shipped from Canada.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11843 posts
9683 upvotes
Toronto
DasHip wrote: The Lenovo m10 tablets, brand new, straight from Lenovo just recently were a far better deal. Not a noname brand and not openbox. 4gb ram. No crossborder/customs delays, shipped from Canada.
Iirc those were only HD, not FHD. Very poor on a 10”, would be a dealbreaker for me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
@Glancealot, it seems like you have a keen eye for the subtle.

You were the first to notice the inclusion of GPS.

This is a no-brainer tablet for navigation if you download offline Google Maps.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
User381785 wrote: There's a very serious issue when a mass malware Trojan has been sent out to these things as a false firmware update.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tablets/commen ... be_hacked/
Yeah, something is very fishy about the hacked claims. I'm not sold on this concern, sorry.

That various manufacturers are suggesting you engage a factory reset if you think you've been compromised.
May 30, 2007
365 posts
518 upvotes
Markham
I bought the Fire HD 10 which was on sale at Staples a while ago at $150. It is a really nice tablet and snappy performance but oh man Fire OS is just awful.

While hacking the Fire HD to support Google Play Store and a custom Home Screen is "trivial", it isn't something I'd give my dad to do. And you have to remember, Fire OS is based on Android 9, I doubt Amazon is in no rush to upgrade that to any other higher OS.

So yeah, its a decent Android tablet, but a terrible Fire OS tablet. I would love to try the Onn if I didn't buy this already.