Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] (paypal) Buy $100 Hudson's Bay Gift Card for only $85 - Email Delivery. Accepted at Hudsons Bay, the Bay, Home Outfitter

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 1:51 pm
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
661 upvotes
Ottawa
stanleylai wrote: Why what'd they say was wrong with the card?
The eCard showed $0 when entered at the store computer, and only the call centre could see the balance.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16770 posts
3927 upvotes
Toronto
huntclub wrote: Beware last year I had a hard time using it in store. They had to get the call centre to transfer the balance onto a new card.
Same. No one could scan or input the card number, a call was required. Didn't bother me but I guess it made the transaction 10-15 minutes instead of just 2.
RedFlagDeals addict
Jan 2, 2013
237 posts
136 upvotes
Edmonton
Can't seem to checkout. Tried MC, Visa and paypal
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1231 posts
571 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagger5 wrote: Can't seem to checkout. Tried MC, Visa and paypal
I had this same problem and I think it might have to do with the fact that eBay is changing payment providers (away from Paypal). I resolved it by using incognito mode. You can probably resolve it by clearing your cache, etc, as well...
Sep 5, 2005
530 posts
1227 upvotes
Victoria
Same issue here. Eventually worked using Paypal.
Jun 27, 2018
90 posts
65 upvotes
shamans wrote: I had this same problem and I think it might have to do with the fact that eBay is changing payment providers (away from Paypal). I resolved it by using incognito mode. You can probably resolve it by clearing your cache, etc, as well...
Same here. Ended u p using the payapàl. It seems like they want us to use the PayPal!!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4096 posts
2410 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP. Received my e-gift cards about 10 minutes after placing my order.
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
661 upvotes
Ottawa
DaVibe wrote: Same. No one could scan or input the card number, a call was required. Didn't bother me but I guess it made the transaction 10-15 minutes instead of just 2.
For me it took longer because the French call centre had no clue. The English call centre knew about this issue.
Jul 12, 2005
545 posts
165 upvotes
Peterborough
In for one. Thanks OP.
Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. Death hates that.
Aug 12, 2014
198 posts
46 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Bought 2
Payment wouldnt go thru via credit card. But worked via paypal
Sep 5, 2005
530 posts
1227 upvotes
Victoria
This seems to be a big issue at the stores.
I waited for about 45 minutes while they tried to figure it out in Victoria today.
Eventually they gave up and just issued me a new gift card and will try and sort out the balance transfer later.

Probably easier to use online, even if it's with in store pickup. But no scratch and save for ISPU :(
Jun 4, 2012
120 posts
32 upvotes
RICHMOND
I am thinking there is a way around it. We can buy e bay giftcards online on their website using the giftcards bought on ebay and then use the new gift cards to use in store. This would save the hassle of calling etc