Jan 25, 2008
1880 posts
1734 upvotes
Montréal

[eBay.ca] Refurb Ipad Pro 10.5" WiFi 64GB - 423$+tx - free ship/returns

Apparently the devices are like new
Second Generation
Free Returns/Shipping
I wonder, can you activate apple care on these devices ever?
30 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12587 posts
21363 upvotes
I wonder, can you activate apple care on these devices ever?
Doubt it since these were out in 2017 . You get 90 days from seller .
Apr 20, 2017
242 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
Also "Seller refurbished"
most things haven't worked out
Sep 26, 2013
72 posts
26 upvotes
A long time ago I bought apple tv from this seller. Was able to add applecare to it. Within a few months something went wrong with it and the apple store replaced it - thanks to applecare.
May 10, 2015
261 posts
171 upvotes
Orillia, ON
I had an iPad Pro 9.7 from a few years ago, bought it from Costco and had Costco warranty on it. Anyways I dropped it after a couple of years and it bent the frame and broke the screen. The warranty company, put in a new sub-par quality screen, straightened the frame for the iPad, and did a generally horrible refurb job on it then sent it back to me. I said this is unacceptable. Anyways, they ended up sending a check for what I originally paid. My point is, unless a refurb is done by apple, you just don't know what you're in for, sub-par components, etc. I now have a 10.5, it's a great iPad, I bought it used though but it was like new.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1880 posts
1734 upvotes
Montréal
I'm expecting these are like new returns...... type. I will also try to add applecare - worst case scenario i'm just gonna return... i picked one up
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1788 posts
471 upvotes
Would the TENTREAT code for 10% work here?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1880 posts
1734 upvotes
Montréal
I tried a bunch of codes nothing worked
playhard
tentreat
etc...
Jul 14, 2008
913 posts
1244 upvotes
Montreal
ryawesome wrote: I had an iPad Pro 9.7 from a few years ago, bought it from Costco and had Costco warranty on it. Anyways I dropped it after a couple of years and it bent the frame and broke the screen. The warranty company, put in a new sub-par quality screen, straightened the frame for the iPad, and did a generally horrible refurb job on it then sent it back to me. I said this is unacceptable. Anyways, they ended up sending a check for what I originally paid. My point is, unless a refurb is done by apple, you just don't know what you're in for, sub-par components, etc. I now have a 10.5, it's a great iPad, I bought it used though but it was like new.
agreed, wouldn't touch refurbs unless it's from Apple themselves.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13774 posts
5384 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Picked up the 3rd gen 11” iPad Pro from the same EBay seller last week for $549 and it was in pristine condition (battery is original and didn’t have any cycles logged). This being an older generation, it’s most likely used and refurbished. With the free return policy, at least you can return if the condition is not what you expect. I wish there would be iPad Pro 11 with larger memory 256 or 512GB available.
Oct 1, 2005
603 posts
406 upvotes
Kitchener
Around BF this seller had the 11" pro "seller refurbished" and from what I saw in the thread here, people were happy with what they got. The units were basically new (but this is a different model). I also bought a brand new 10.5" pro from this seller, and it was genuinely new like they said (got the free year of Apple TV from it and everything). But I only paid $400 for the new one (after the BF paypal coupon). The super low cost was worth the risk for me, especially when I was able to sell my 5 year old Air 2 for $200 the next day. Easy interim upgrade til they come out with something transformative.

The 90 days warranty from the seller gives you a bit of security, but you definitely won't be able to activate apple care on these. You have a good chance of it just being an open box type item with nothing wrong with it. So if it's not, you can always return it. Don't forget to use iMazing to check the battery wear and charge cycles (works on windows too).
Feb 20, 2006
313 posts
196 upvotes
I picked up the brand new ipad pro 11" on BF from this seller for $722 tax in. The device is new but it is an open box item. I can still purchase apple care on the device and it comes with 1 year free Apple TV+.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1497 upvotes
ryawesome wrote: I had an iPad Pro 9.7 from a few years ago, bought it from Costco and had Costco warranty on it. Anyways I dropped it after a couple of years and it bent the frame and broke the screen. The warranty company, put in a new sub-par quality screen, straightened the frame for the iPad, and did a generally horrible refurb job on it then sent it back to me. I said this is unacceptable. Anyways, they ended up sending a check for what I originally paid. My point is, unless a refurb is done by apple, you just don't know what you're in for, sub-par components, etc. I now have a 10.5, it's a great iPad, I bought it used though but it was like new.
On the other side of the coin: If you had bought it from Apple, they wouldn't do anything for you aside from asking for your apple care, get your deductable and give you a refurbished unit. If you don't have Apple care you are paying serveral hundreds for just the screen.

The fact that you actually got coverage and an attempt to repair before getting full refund is miles above what Apple will ever do for you.
May 10, 2015
261 posts
171 upvotes
Orillia, ON
Cucumference wrote: On the other side of the coin: If you had bought it from Apple, they wouldn't do anything for you aside from asking for your apple care, get your deductable and give you a refurbished unit. If you don't have Apple care you are paying serveral hundreds for just the screen.

The fact that you actually got coverage and an attempt to repair before getting full refund is miles above what Apple will ever do for you.
I'm not complaining about the coverage I had, just giving it as an example that it was replaced with a shoddy compromise and that can happen with aftermarket refurbs. Ultimately I was taken care of well.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3207 posts
2990 upvotes
i bought an Ipad mini 4 16gb (demo version not for sale) from this seller on ebay before. Condition was pristine ....but I guess it's YMMV ...just sharing my experience
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4359 posts
1096 upvotes
Hamilton
I think there's a targeted 8% eBay bucks deal right now.
Good time to get. (and a couple ebates bucks too).
Overall approx 10% saved.
Not bad.
May 9, 2017
27 posts
7 upvotes
I just got my order. It looks brand new. The lightning cable has twist ties but otherwise it looks unused.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1880 posts
1734 upvotes
Montréal
ashzade wrote: I just got my order. It looks brand new. The lightning cable has twist ties but otherwise it looks unused.
Mine didn't even show it has shipped yet... Are u able to activate apple care on it?
May 9, 2017
27 posts
7 upvotes
I got a shipping notification but no tracking. 2 days later CP attempted delivery. I had to go pick it up today.

I'm restoring it right now so I don't know if I can do apple care yet.
Jan 1, 2019
115 posts
64 upvotes
How were you able to add AppleCare to it, considering it was purchased through a different party?