Expired Hot Deals

eBay.ca Black Friday

Refurbished - MIELE COMPLETE C3 LIMITED EDITION TAYBERRY RED VACUUM CLEANER - $279.99 + Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2022 10:18 pm
Nov 24, 2006
709 posts
128 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
Highly recommend a power brush for carpets. I have an older Miele cannister vac (venus) with the powered handle. Bought it when I was pregnant with my now 15 year old, the thing's a beast. My cat would shed a whole cat's worth of fur every day it seemed and before this purchase I'd burn through the motor of a 200$ vacuum every year. When this one eventually dies I'm definitely getting another Miele. The HEPA filters are great with pets too.
[OP]
Jun 9, 2016
320 posts
1238 upvotes
Natsumi wrote: Are these the same seller under different eBay accounts? The the first link and second link have the same product and price but different sellers.
I think it’s two different sellers selling the same product. One of them is Mchardy Vacuum store and another one is Vacuum Warehouse.
Nov 20, 2016
65 posts
33 upvotes
Other than the dust bags, do the filters need to be changed? Any other regular-ish maintenance needed for bagged (and bagless) Miele vacuums?
Nov 24, 2006
709 posts
128 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
Biscayne05 wrote: Can someone convince me that these arent a PITA to lug around while cleaning?

I feel like it is.
For my stairs if I leave the canister on the floor I can vacuum up half the stairs with the hose length plus telescoped out wand. Then I inplug and bring the whole thing upstairs, vacuum that floor and then do the top half of the stairs I can reach from the top floor. So it's really less of a pain than an upright, I think only a central vac would be easier if you had a long hose and convenient ports. The canister really isn't heavy to carry beside you, it's just that it's a pain to vacuum one handed (unless you're just using the hose without a brush to clean up crumbs or something). But you'd probably run out of power cord too so it's just easier for me to do the bottom half of the stairs when I vacuum the main floor and then the top half when I do upstairs. This means that my lower stairs get vacuumed more often but they're the ones at eye level :)
Nov 24, 2006
709 posts
128 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
Natsumi wrote: Other than the dust bags, do the filters need to be changed? Any other regular-ish maintenance needed for bagged (and bagless) Miele vacuums?
When you buy bags they include a little cloth filter that you'd also change if you're not using the HEPA filters, so you choose to either use the free filter or the one that traps all the dust and pet dander. The HEPA filters are about 50$ though so they're not cheap, but I have really noticed a difference with my dust/pet allergies.

Edit: I'll also add that I've used both the Miele branded vacuum bags and the cheapo compatible ones on Amazon, Miele doesn't recommend you use those of course, but I've never really noticed a difference in how well they work. The only real difference is the Miele bags "seal" when you remove them so you don't get a dust cloud when you squeeze the bag, and the cheap ones don't have that seal. I just make sure to get them right into a trash bag. The bags last me a LONG time, they hold a ton of dust.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23710 posts
188482 upvotes
GTA
Natsumi wrote: Other than the dust bags, do the filters need to be changed? Any other regular-ish maintenance needed for bagged (and bagless) Miele vacuums?
Yes, you need to change out the exhaust (HEPA) filter as well as the pre-motor filter. You will need to buy the HEPA filter separately and it retails for about $50 but there have been promos in recent years (i.e. buy one, get one free or get one free with the purchase of the bags). You'll probably need to change the HEPA filter out about once a year, and the pre-motor filter every 4 vacuum bags. The pre-motor filters are included with the purchase of the vacuum bags.
Nov 23, 2017
55 posts
57 upvotes
Edmonton
I find these model description really confusing. But one quick question to make sure I understand.
I can buy the electric brush later but need one of the "powerline" models, correct? And then I might need to buy the hose with it too as the model here for $370 is a powerline model but it says it doesn't include the hose with the cable.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Nov 26, 2015
138 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
micron15 wrote:
I am about to pull the trigger on the refurb C3 Excellence from the same seller as you but was hesitant because of the refurb condition. From my research, the lowest the Excellence goes down to is $600-650 with the last sale in Sep, 2021. My central vacuum just died and my Shark Rocket Pro won't cut it for our weekly deep cleaning (not enough run time). Reason why I went with this seller is because of the good seller rating and it's actually a Miele showroom store located in Richmond hill
https://vacuumwarehouse.ca/
I bought the refurb excellence when eBay had a 15% off refurbs coupon, so the total was $480 with tax. I used McHardy, but I don't know if it matters. The vacuum looked new to me. The warranty situation is a little different than a new model because I think the Miele component of the warranty was shorter, but it was then topped up by eBay.
TinkerPhil wrote: I find these model description really confusing. But one quick question to make sure I understand.
I can buy the electric brush later but need one of the "powerline" models, correct? And then I might need to buy the hose with it too as the model here for $370 is a powerline model but it says it doesn't include the hose with the cable.

It's incredibly confusing. I wasted so much time researching it before I bought one and I am still confused. As far as I remember, the "powerline" designation refers to the type of motor, rather than the actual "powerlines" that are embedded in the hose. In any event, even if you can connect an electric hose to one of the cheaper models it's about $175 on its own, and then you need a power head on top of that, and at that point you may as well have bought the c3 excellence from eBay.

Personally, while I'm sure the parquet attachment is great, the combination square head is good enough for now on hardwood. I thought it better to prioritize the electric head since that's harder to deal with later.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2773 posts
405 upvotes
Ontario GTA
TinkerPhil wrote: I find these model description really confusing. But one quick question to make sure I understand.

powerline doesn't refer to the heads, but is used more so in europe where there is an "ecoline" as well as the "powerline" and refers to the overall output of the vacuum.

if the vacuum doesn't already come with an electric brush, then you can't attach one without spending a lot of money on a new hose, wand etc which wouldn't be worth it. electric brushes would have the model number SEB as part of it, in canada there is a SEB 217 low profile power head, SEB228, height adjustable head and a SEB 236 height adjustable head with light.
the C3 Excellence comes with the SEB 217.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9565 posts
7205 upvotes
Kootenays
I use air turbine vacuum heads https://www.amazon.ca/Vacuum-TurboCat-P ... =8-13&th=1
They work very well and can transfer between machines, as they don't have proprietary connections. They outlast most vacuum cleaners (but this will be our first Miele) We have a small resort and have 8 vacuums.
Nov 20, 2016
65 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks for all the responses! This is very new and confusing for me so I appreciate it.

I've read that bagged vacuums will generally last longer because they won't get clogged like bagless ones. But I do were there's also a bagless version for sale.

Does Miele do a good job with designing their bagless models as well to make sure they won't get clogged (easily)?

Would bagless involve less maintenance and additional costs because you don't need to buy bags or do you still have to buy stuff to change out on a regular-ish basis (like filters)?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2003 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
Natsumi wrote: Thanks for all the responses! This is very new and confusing for me so I appreciate it.

I've read that bagged vacuums will generally last longer because they won't get clogged like bagless ones. But I do were there's also a bagless version for sale.

Does Miele do a good job with designing their bagless models as well to make sure they won't get clogged (easily)?

Would bagless involve less maintenance and additional costs because you don't need to buy bags or do you still have to buy stuff to change out on a regular-ish basis (like filters)?
Personally, I feel the reason to go with Miele is because it has a bag and extra filtration (Motor/HEPA).

Maybe because I was in a condo and felt that dumping the canister into the trash indoors inside would cause dust to spill back into the air.

From what I understand you need to keep a bagless vacuum's filter clean for them to keep working well. I think it's easier to just toss a new bag in every few months vs having to clean filters.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1150 posts
724 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
I've had my Miele Allervac canister for about 15 years (It was their top of the line model). I buy the Miele clone bags off Amazon and they are absolutely identical to the pricey Miele bags, the ones I get have the tab that closes the bag when you remove it from the canister. In 15 years I have never had to replace the HEPA filter, it's still clean. I put that down to how well the Miele bags acutually filter the air first. Another thing most people don't realize is that HEPA filters actually improve with some usage than when new. So there's no reason to change them every year.
Nov 24, 2006
709 posts
128 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
The bags are a no issue for me, they keep the inside of that vacuum spotless, vs my handheld coordless vac that has no bag but I always have to clean it out and shake the filters, get dust up my nose etc. Bags all the way. And the bags are pretty big, I have a 3 floor house and one bag can last me months.
Nov 24, 2006
709 posts
128 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
toguy wrote: Yes, you need to change out the exhaust (HEPA) filter as well as the pre-motor filter. You will need to buy the HEPA filter separately and it retails for about $50 but there have been promos in recent years (i.e. buy one, get one free or get one free with the purchase of the bags). You'll probably need to change the HEPA filter out about once a year, and the pre-motor filter every 4 vacuum bags. The pre-motor filters are included with the purchase of the vacuum bags.
Pretty sure the bags I'd get included both filters, you'd get a big rectangle white one with cutting lines on it for the various models, I don't use it because I have the hepa. the motor filter is much smaller.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1150 posts
724 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
You should always use that "cut to fit" filter sheet that comes with the bags and is placed inside the canister with the bag.. That is the pre-motor filter that captures anything that possibly might get through the bag before it hits the fan blades.. The HEPA filter is for exhaust air after its passed through the motor . Those don't come with every set of bags
hazelsmrf wrote: Pretty sure the bags I'd get included both filters, you'd get a big rectangle white one with cutting lines on it for the various models, I don't use it because I have the hepa. the motor filter is much smaller.
Oct 29, 2019
26 posts
19 upvotes
deeranger wrote: This is a very hot deal when combined with the 20% off code for RBC rewards Visa and RBC Visa Platinum Holders. Also the 2 year warranty is great.

These units seem to be Costco open box or returns based on the SBD-365 Head being included. My total came to $260.39 taxes in. Thanks a lot OP great Christmas gift for my Dad!
It says you need to pay with an RBC credit card, is that true? I wanted to collect points on my Amex and used that to pay instead. Will RBC revoke the offer?
Jul 29, 2011
159 posts
180 upvotes
Vancouver
smacd wrote: Corresponds to the Total Care one on the Miele.ca site https://www.miele.ca/en/c/vacuum-cleane ... ne_-_SKCE0 Just a different colour. I ordered one. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/393504852299?_t ... %3A2047675

Here it is at Costco https://www.costco.ca/miele-blizzard-cx ... 80813.html
Sorry, this is not the same as the costco version which comes with a allteq turbo head and parquet head. This universal version comes with the combination head, carpet tool, a much cheaper model
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9565 posts
7205 upvotes
Kootenays
Byzantium wrote: Sorry, this is not the same as the costco version which comes with a allteq turbo head and parquet head. This universal version comes with the combination head, carpet tool, a much cheaper model
Correct, this one doesn't come with the power heads, but the machine is, I think..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)