[eBay.ca] Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SSD $150

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2018 4:32 pm
Aug 10, 2010
282 posts
105 upvotes
ValendiaKnight wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 3:32 pm
You are correct that there are no Samsung repair shops in Canada thats why they always say no to the RMA.

And if you got the item from ebay.ca or newegg.ca why don't you contact Newegg Canada ? As i mentioned in a previous post they can track the serial numbers so they know its Canadian. No need to pay to ship it to Newegg USA. Newegg Canada office is in Richmond Hill, Ontario (you can look it up).
Yes, I did contact NewEgg Canada and they have been helping me on this case. However, initially Samsung refused the warranty because of the eBay receipt while NewEgg refused to help because it's a warranty issue. There were so many back and forth communications and explanations before NewEgg step in to help. Even as of today, it's still not done yet. The important thing is that I should have only need to deal with the manufacture for the 5 years warranty, but now I have to also hope that the retail will always be here within the warranty period in case I need a fix.
Jun 25, 2009
658 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
Item is back in stock but eBay promo code is over. @ 164.99 now
Jul 1, 2008
262 posts
56 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I am having a second thought of returning this back to newegg due to warranty issues.
Did anyone have any success with samsung or newegg to help with the warranty.

Spoke to Samsung canada and as per their policy, they only support warranty on product sold by authorized delear.
Newegg, amazon, canada computer they all sell US product which is not covered by Samsung canada
Jul 1, 2008
262 posts
56 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Update:
Spoke with Samsung Canada, they did confirm that newegg.ca is an authorized seller in Canada and then called Newegg.ca, they help me with creating a new invoice from newegg.ca which can be used for warranty
So Warranty should be covered by Samsung now Smiling Face With Open Mouth