[eBay.ca] Sega Genesis Mini Console for 93.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 8:30 pm
[OP]
Oct 9, 2018
294 posts
1731 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Sega Genesis Mini Console for 93.99

Looks like the source's ebay store is selling the new mini for 93.99 instead of the usual 99.99. Not a bad price if you were planning on getting it anyway.
37 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5696 posts
727 upvotes
Thanks, but will wait for price drop to $19.97 or $29.97

Always wonder why this is multiple times more expensive than PS1 classic
[OP]
Oct 9, 2018
294 posts
1731 upvotes
tomtomtom wrote: Thanks, but will wait for price drop to $19.97 or $29.97

Much better game selection, from multiple regions. Also they didn't use slower pal roms either. Much better product. M2 are the best developers with it comes to porting and emulation.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1081 posts
2811 upvotes
New Brunswick

Well, the PS1 Classic has had multiple price drops since release. Originally it was like $130 IIRC.

But yeah, this guy will discount pretty quickly I'm sure, not being Nintendo and all. It was already down to $79.99 for a short time for pre-orders.
Nov 26, 2015
51 posts
64 upvotes

Even the total flop PS1 classic didn't go lower than 29.99$. The Genesis Mini is getting praised by every reviewers as the best mini console out there, I doubt it will go lower than 79.99$ anytime soon.
Jan 9, 2016
96 posts
356 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Mine got delivered today from Walmart. I don't even remember ordering it but I guess I was under typical RFD effect when i ordered - Buy now thing later LOL

On a serious note, it is still BNIB and if someone wants it in Mississauga (Erin Mills/Thomas St), I am willing to give it out at CP ($79.99 + tax).
If not, this is going back to Walmart this weekend.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1176 posts
509 upvotes
Sask
tew wrote: PS1 Classic went down to $19.99 in The Source. thesource-ca-playstation-classic-19-99- ... d-2279444/
Yeah a price drop so quickly like that is typically what happens when a company mails it in and puts out a retro console hoping to simply capitalize on the consumer hype of other retro consoles and not caring what they actually put out. The only reason the ps classic got marked down so quick was because the dump that had all the ET games from the 80s was already full.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1176 posts
509 upvotes
Sask
Googliya wrote: Mine got delivered today from Walmart. I don't even remember ordering it but I guess I was under typical RFD effect when i ordered - Buy now thing later LOL

On a serious note, it is still BNIB and if someone wants it in Mississauga (Erin Mills/Thomas St), I am willing to give it out at CP ($79.99 + tax).
If not, this is going back to Walmart this weekend.
I only got my shipping notice yesterday. Not coming till Monday I guess. Don't know why they wouldnt ship it for release date if you've preordered months in advance.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11083 posts
7660 upvotes
Oil Country
Wal-mart was doing pre-orders for $80. Looks like they jacked the price back up to $100 now.
Mar 1, 2009
101 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Ugh. Got my Amazon.ca $80 preorder. Bubble mailer. Three busted-in corners on the box. Definitely not the way you want to buy this thing if you are a collector!

JP
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2909 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
While I'm sure it won't be as hot as the original Nintendo Classic... I'm sure this will keep it's price for sure. The only reason the PS Classic failed was because it was way over price and under deleievered in ever way possible. This machine is already getting high praise from youtubers. Maybe a slight sale for the holiday season, but I wouldn't bank on clearance pricing like the Playstation.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Dec 8, 2009
411 posts
370 upvotes

The PS1 Classic released at $129.99 Canadian. They did a terrible job on it doing things like using PAL version of games. The game selection wasn't so great either. I don't think you can compare the two.
Jan 9, 2016
96 posts
356 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I'm in Mississauga so that may be the reason why it got delivered in just a day (it shipped from Walmart fulfilment center in Mississauga).
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4992 posts
3716 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I cancelled my preorder last night at EB games cause I needed a new headset. I hope I can snag one at some point for around the $50 mark