[eBay.ca] Sell for $1 Offer Ebay.ca [Jan 12-13]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2019 2:50 am
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1924 posts
1077 upvotes
Vancouver
If I have an item for sale currently, can I cancel the auction and then re-list it on Jan 12?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2837 posts
227 upvotes
Ottawa
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 1:31 pm
If I have an item for sale currently, can I cancel the auction and then re-list it on Jan 12?
Yes. The auction has to start during the deal
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Aug 22, 2015
189 posts
167 upvotes
Longueuil, qc
Great! I was waiting for this deal to return to sell a few things (old NEX-5 with 3 lenses, and a Fuji EF-X20 flash).

Thank you for the heads up!
Jul 17, 2012
541 posts
195 upvotes
Kamloops
Fantastic. finally again, i always manage to sell all my 5 items. it's been a while since last one. highend electronics are easy to sell on ebay. i have been mostly 80% sold things to usa buyers and 20% canadians. the currency is great there and people find my stuff cheap. mostly this time i'll get rid of some audio stuff like hd800, audeze deckard (sell 1 keep 1), dacs. mostly audio stuff. collected too many. maybe some lenses as well. last time it coincide with the 15% coupon and some people bought my stuff.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1072 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
awesome, was really hoping for this. WOOPWOOP
Jul 17, 2012
541 posts
195 upvotes
Kamloops
tcjw30 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:54 pm
Yep! Definitely a good time to post some items. If you want a quick sell, you could auction style it and have an end date within a week.

I posted a few items and it didn't sell until a month or two after and got dinged the 10%... so ya, be cautious and aware of your timing.
Auction is not that great on the canadian side. i see so many high value items gets low bids. i post the day of the deal and post it for fixed price for 30 days. also 1 to 2 weeks before end date if the item doesn't sell you can change pictures, name, description to another item lol. i changed a zerolemon extended battery to a headphone then sold on the day one time.

also when you list as free shipping, just somewhat include the cost in the price. people more likely to buy. also don't forget still get stupid paypal fee of 2 or 3%. quite high. last time i sold 900 bucks and only got 860 ish back. so they are definitely still making good money.

excited to pack up things. that's why i always keep all boxes, packaging, even down to the last wire tie on the original package. shipping for most things is 25 ish across canada and 30 to 40 in usa. for like 3lbs good size box.
Oct 19, 2015
645 posts
870 upvotes
Vancouver
Even if eBay charges $1 for the fvf, won’t paypal charge for the transaction? (Around 4% maybe?)
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4856 posts
1215 upvotes
Ebay and paypal fees are terrible (15-20%).

I quit selling years ago because of that.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1491 posts
1458 upvotes
Montreal
ez_86 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:34 pm
sum1 remind me on jan 12 to activate thanks
use the quote : ok google !!
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1491 posts
1458 upvotes
Montreal
thank you op! great time to sell .
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6946 posts
2782 upvotes
Toronto
fpenguin wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:37 pm
Even if eBay charges $1 for the fvf, won’t paypal charge for the transaction? (Around 4% maybe?)
Yes, you still pay the PayPal CC fees.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3756 posts
704 upvotes
tcjw30 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:37 pm
Yes. That is what happened last time. But keep in mind, they have a time limit to when you sell the item. I think if you sell it within a month its $1, anything after they charge normal 10% commission. A little sneaky.
Not sure if "sneaky" is the word I would use as they're pretty clear about it
You can set your auction as "Good Til Cancelled", but really it's a 30 Day auction that auto-relists every 30 days if it doesn't sell. Every time it auto-relists, it creates a new auction
You can get around this by not selecting "Good Til Cancelled" and instead selecting a set duration for the auction / buy it now

fpenguin wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:37 pm
Yes, two separate fees. so $1 for FVF, and around 3.5% to 4% for Paypal.

Coz4k wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:57 pm
Ebay and paypal fees are terrible (15-20%).

I quit selling years ago because of that.
You're paying for convenience in a sense, too. Ultimately, ebay is the best selling platform. I sell way more on ebay than I do on grailed / kijiji / rfd / reddit / facebook / forums
I think my normal transaction fees are roughly 12%, so I definitely hear what you're saying

Also is the purpose of the selling weekend, too. If you can sell a $100 item and only pay a 1% fee, then jump on that opportunity!
Ebay - 233 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 68 - 0 - 0
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10984 posts
14353 upvotes
Montreal
Here’s hoping no one gets a chargeback and all that eBay crap .
Remember eBay always sides with the buyer ...
RFD Staff
Dec 16, 2012
79 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sweet! Been waiting on this to come around again for a while now. Thanks, OP! As many have mentioned, PayPal fees still occur but $1 + 3% is definitely a lot better than 13%. I also highly recommend checking out Chit Chats if you're in one of the cities they have a location in (GTA, GVR, Mtl, Calgary, Halifax). It's a shipping service that trucks your packages over to the states to be mailed out via USPS. 90% of my sales are to the US and it's saved me hundreds (you'll usually have to cover some of the shipping to stay competitive with American sellers) as I wouldn't ship anything over $50 without tracking.