Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Sell and eBay will match the total value sold. Max $50 (targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 1:09 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
turbogor wrote: Thank you for the opportunity to address your BBB complaint. We understand you are seeking to retrieve two promotions that you have yet to receive. We are happy to assist you today.

In reviewing your eBay account, neither of the promotions in question show they were activated within your eBay account under the Promotional Offers section. We're also unable to locate the promotional offers within your eBay messages. For eBay to honor a promotion after the fact, we must at least see they were received and activated.

That said, as a one-time courtesy, if you can provide a screenshot showing the promotional offers received within your email account, we will honor them. Please reply to this complaint and attach the screenshots reflecting your receipt of the promotional offers and we will gladly assist you further.

What a load of crap
when you filed through BBB, was it complaint or report an ad?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Jun 16, 2009
401 posts
156 upvotes
Calgary
Aznkid2000 wrote: when you filed through BBB, was it complaint or report an ad?
filed a complaint.

They replied back to me saying:

The screenshots you provided were of the promotion itself. We are not requesting screenshots of the promotional terms, we are requesting a screenshot of the promotion within your My eBay Messages or within your personal email inbox. Providing the screenshot will prove you were invited to the promotion, which is our only way to confirm since you did not successfully activate the promotion within your eBay account.

Please confirm how you were notified of this promotion in addition to providing screenshots confirming your receipt of the promotion and we will gladly assist you further.

Clearly not budging for their mishandling of the promotion
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1446 posts
729 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Anyone else see a transaction from the PayPal account they sold from for this promotion?

I see my PayPal account was debited $6.44 on Dec 15 (transaction listed as 'Ebay automatic payment'). I am presuming this was for selling a $51.35 item on Nov 16?

New to selling on ebay - is this expected or unusual? They already took a couple bucks off when I first saw the funds added to my paypal account after the sale (instead of $51.35 that I listed and sold the item for, only got $49.56 debited to my account on Nov 16. I figured that was Ebay taking a percentage of the sale but confused about the new $6.44 fee they seem to have charged on dec 15?)
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
turbogor wrote:
filed a complaint.

The screenshots you provided were of the promotion itself. We are not requesting screenshots of the promotional terms, we are requesting a screenshot of the promotion within your My eBay Messages or within your personal email inbox. Providing the screenshot will prove you were invited to the promotion, which is our only way to confirm since you did not successfully activate the promotion within your eBay account.

Please confirm how you were notified of this promotion in addition to providing screenshots confirming your receipt of the promotion and we will gladly assist you further.

you didn't get a email? The email they sent me was labelled November seller newsletter which is stupid as I was searching for sell now and get paid later and that took me awhile to find
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
RigorMortis wrote: Anyone else see a transaction from the PayPal account they sold from for this promotion?

I see my PayPal account was debited $6.44 on Dec 15 (transaction listed as 'Ebay automatic payment'). I am presuming this was for selling a $51.35 item on Nov 16?

New to selling on ebay - is this expected or unusual? They already took a couple bucks off when I first saw the funds added to my paypal account after the sale (instead of $51.35 that I listed and sold the item for, only got $49.56 debited to my account on Nov 16. I figured that was Ebay taking a percentage of the sale but confused about the new $6.44 fee they seem to have charged on dec 15?)
That's normal, the first time was paypal taking there cut and last one was from ebay
Jun 16, 2009
401 posts
156 upvotes
Calgary
Aznkid2000 wrote: you didn't get a email? The email they sent me was labelled November seller newsletter which is stupid as I was searching for sell now and get paid later and that took me awhile to find
i have never received an ebay newsletter :o
been a seller for several years now - maybe i opted out from it a long time ago but i have no idea where to even add them back :S

- edit -
found where to add promotional emails back.
But some promotions that get advertised on the front page banner, like the 'win your wish list'
-> ebay said it never registered me for that promotion either

their system is busted
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
turbogor wrote: filed a complaint.

Did you send them the screenshots? Did you get a resolution after filing the bbb complaint?
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
eBay scam as heck. I filed a BBB complaint and eBay contacted back asking who sent the promo and when.

Sent them email address ebay@reply2.ebay.ca

They had the nerve to say it's not them and that this might be a 3rd party. Wtf all there promotion are sent with this email

Worst customer service
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
Ironic thing is at the very beginning of this thread, several posters predicted to be prepared to chase after Ebay for this promotion and that's exactly how its played out.
Jun 16, 2009
401 posts
156 upvotes
Calgary
adilh53 wrote: Did you send them the screenshots? Did you get a resolution after filing the bbb complaint?
bbb ended up closing my complaint as i kept saying no to their resolution - thought it was over but just got an email today from ebay titled 'courtesy coupon'
which included the $50 (sell to buy) and $5 (wish list) coupon codes.

i guess it worked out in the end but man, you need to keep pushing for it
Jul 28, 2010
11 posts
Vancouver
Wow. I just wondered to myself where my credit for this was because it's been quite a while, and Googled my way here to find the eBay terms (thank you RFD for existing, I wouldn't have re-found the promo without you).

Guess I needed to read all the terms and set a reminder on my phone for when the credit was to be issued. Despite the terms clearly saying the credit would be emailed, nothing ever was. I got numerous emails as normal from eBay at the start of December, and I keep my eyes on my spam filter, nothing ever appeared there. My credit coupon appeared hidden away in my messages folder on eBay, and nowhere else. It's now long expired too. Good job trying to scam us eBay...

I just got off the phone complaining at them, maybe they'll reissue the credit. I guess I'm checking my message folder on eBay everyday for the next week.

Edit: Well I waited a week and nothing appeared so I gave them a follow up call. They said my coupon didn't go through because they couldn't create Canadian dollar coupons, and they offered to create a USD coupon which would appear on my account in an hour. Nothing appeared so I called them again and now I'm waiting another day.
Through 3 calls every CSR has fully wanted to give me this coupon, so that's a bit reassuring... The first CSR seemed 100% familiar with the promo I was complaining about, I'm sure I'm not the only guy calling them and complaining.

Edit: 4th call finally resolved the issue. I flipped a little out on the guy and demanded that he email the results of whatever he does (every previous CSR suggested I needed to F5 various eBay pages hoping to see a coupon appear, which I've been doing for over a week). A couple hours later he emails me my coupon code, in USD, so I got an extra 30% bump for my trouble.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
alkaint wrote: I owe them 100 usd in seller fees, won't be paying them lol, cancelled my automatic payment and moved my money to another account so if they try and withdraw it won't go through. they can try and do whatever they want I'm done with them.
What happens if you don't pay the seller fees? Do they deactivate your account? Is that all they can do ?
Jul 28, 2010
11 posts
Vancouver
Pretty sure I've heard of eBay forwarding stuff to credit collectors, eBay certainly has payment collection issues and does stuff to recoup losses. For $100 I can't see credit collectors hassling you with much more than phone calls, but maybe they could damage your credit score and such.

I'd think the most hassle free way to **** eBay is to buy something using a credit card, and then hit them with a chargeback claiming unauthorized payment or whatever. That way you take the money from eBay, not some random innocent seller.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
ragnar14 wrote: Pretty sure I've heard of eBay forwarding stuff to credit collectors, eBay certainly has payment collection issues and does stuff to recoup losses. For $100 I can't see credit collectors hassling you with much more than phone calls, but maybe they could damage your credit score and such.

I'd think the most hassle free way to **** eBay is to buy something using a credit card, and then hit them with a chargeback claiming unauthorized payment or whatever. That way you take the money from eBay, not some random innocent seller.
I owe ebay like $6 in seller fees for selling during this $50 coupon promo. Never actually got my coupon for selling so I removed all the funds and linked cards from my PayPal account so they couldn't charge me these seller fees. Pretty sure no collection agency is going to be tracking me down to recoupe $6 but not sure If my credit will be impacted.

Ebay did not live up to their end of the promo despite me reaching out through twitter etc so I would rather not live up to mine and pay their seller fees. I know many will disagree with my approach but I dont see any reason to pay them more $$ for wasting my time for nothing and I don't plan on using their services in the future
May 28, 2016
384 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone manage to save a screenshot of the coupon terms & conditions?

The one that was manually issued to me had a listed expiry date of 2020-01-12 and the coupon T&C specifically stated an expiry of 11:59:59pm PST on the coupon's listed date.
I checked that it was still active before dinner but I came back ready to place an order and it now says expired. I can no longer pull up the coupon T&C.

They probably incorrectly set it to expire at 11:59:59pm UTC instead of PST as stated in the T&C. I'll try messaging them tomorrow but honestly I'm so fed up with eBay at this point.

Update: eBay refused to reissue the coupon even though it expired earlier than the stated time in the terms & conditions
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
722 upvotes
So, I chatted with ebay to get my credits, on all four of my accounts, i started with 1, got it, then the 2nd, they said they'd try, but said they got denied, lied, 3rd time, they didn't even try to send it to marketing, said too long to do so, lie, obviously since I got it the first time, the 4th account, I didn't even try, luckily I saved up the exact $50 basically in fees, so am refusing to pay my fees on all 4 accounts, eff ebay, forever,