• Dec 26th, 2017 7:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1080 posts
1030 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[eBay.ca] Verizon Wear24 Android Smartwatch for $85+tax AC

Use paypal and enter coupon code PAYPAL15 at checkout.

New condition
Android Wear 2.0
Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor
NFC, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity
768MB RAM
AMOLED display with 480 x 480 resolution

Doesn't seem to have Android pay and the speaker is terrible. Also saw something about inability to receive messages except via Verizon messages app. Still a good deal for a smartwatch.
Koodo $40 8GB
26 replies
Jul 2, 2015
40 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
**** hell, " New in retail packaging, seal may be broken", bloody hell!
Sep 22, 2010
292 posts
129 upvotes
Victoria
Read some reviews first. These things are pretty much garbage.

Thanks,
Cal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1080 posts
1030 upvotes
Toronto, ON
calvados.boualrd wrote: Read some reviews first. These things are pretty much garbage.

Thanks,
Cal.
This is definitely not garbage for this price. I also read the reviews and latest update makes the watch much better. It has all the benefits of Android Wear 2.0 and does all the basic stuff really good.
Koodo $40 8GB
Mar 3, 2015
340 posts
393 upvotes
King City
calvados.boualrd wrote: Read some reviews first. These things are pretty much garbage.

Thanks,
Cal.
I don't really have interest in this product nor am I familiar with it. But I took a look at some reviews and I think the biggest downside I keep finding is that it isn't worth it for what you are paying (The $300+ MSRP). I think at $85, this downside is negated.
Apr 27, 2011
414 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
is it good for kids wearing it just for emergency calls?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1080 posts
1030 upvotes
Toronto, ON
imnovayu wrote: is it good for kids wearing it just for emergency calls?
Should be able to take calls when paired via phone, otherwise I guess it only takes Verizon SIM so no calls as a standalone device.
Cadillax wrote: Thanks for posting, OP. Also read about it only working with Verizon SMS (whether you're paired with BT or over LTE, it just won't work). http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/26 ... -off-ebay/

Pity :(
I researched a little bit and found that users in Reddit are able to receive messages just fine. I guess latest update makes it possible.
Koodo $40 8GB
Jan 29, 2010
268 posts
87 upvotes
Victoria
Looks like someone has SMS working now.

From https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... 5300/page2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisfun
yes for the speaker phone function
yes for texting (I'm using the defaults android messaging app and hangouts)

That's freaking awesome news thanks. I've been told by bunch of people that it won't work at all unless you have Verizon however it doesn't make sense because it's Android Wear watch
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2785 posts
1434 upvotes
Montreal
Keep in mind you cannot change the bands. Apparently the LTE antennas are on it.
Not sure if this particular version has LTE though, doesnt say in the listing.
Jun 24, 2005
506 posts
66 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Can you download customized watch faces for it?
Jul 20, 2008
200 posts
55 upvotes
Waterloo
Seems like this may contain an 'esim' and not a removable sim card. Anyone have any experience getting it activated with a Canadian carrier?
Aug 17, 2012
260 posts
227 upvotes
Vancouver
I posted a thread about this recently and paid 120 all in to get one from the states.

I can say this about it. I like it. I definitely can send and receive text messages (through android messages and also LINE), emails, and app notifications (ebay, amazon, etc...) through bluetooth. I'm not sure if it can do the same with just wifi when I'm far away from my phone or if there is a setting I can use to activate it.

I cannot make calls with it. I think it has a verizon sim in already and my research says it only works on LTE band 13, which as far as I can tell, only Telus has in Canada, but I don't even know what that means. You have to update to Android Wear 2.0 before the watch is good. It's a process to get it updated, but shouldn't take more than a couple of hours and you need to pair it with a phone to even really get started. Skype is not available.

Wear24 has a bunch of watch faces. More after upgrading. I haven't tried other watch face apps as with Wear 2.0 you can use the play store and download apps directly.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1386 posts
241 upvotes
Was about to buy

https://www.droid-life.com/2017/09/25/v ... -3-months/

The Wear24 has 37 reviews and a 2.4 (out of 5) customer rating. That’s pretty horrendous, with most suggesting that the speaker volume is so low and awful that the watch’s main selling point (it’s supposed ability to make calls over LTE) isn’t even worth using. A lot of reviewers also noted the buggy software, poor connectivity, and the numerous exchanges they had to go through before jumping to another smartwatch.

Thanks for posting. Was almost a good deal for me.
Dec 8, 2008
212 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
This sure seems to have some pretty big drawbacks... But for under $100 shipping and tax included. I took the plunge. I know nothing about bands but I bought a Verizon Samsung 5 phone off eBay a few years ago and it worked fine. Was with mobilicity... Not chatr(rogers) not expecting to make calls but as long as I can do texts and skip a song on Spotify I'll be a happy camper. Thanks op