[eBay.ca] Verizon Wear24 Black, Silver, Rose Gold - $84.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2018 9:08 am
[OP]
Sep 10, 2009
265 posts
178 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Verizon Wear24 Black, Silver, Rose Gold - $84.99

The Verizon Wear24 Android Wear/WearOS smartwatch is on sale again on eBay. All colours (black, silver, rose gold) are for $84.99+tax.

Keep in mind that this will most likely not get anymore updates since it's discontinued and already not getting the full WearOS update. Can only hope it'll be supported by devs on xda.

https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Wear24-Android-Sm ... 2983058451
Last edited by Feels Good Man on Apr 11th, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24 replies
Jul 2, 2016
334 posts
502 upvotes
It's not worth it. I bought one and had to return it as once you update it to Android Wear 2.0 the battery only lasts 2-3 hours with light use.
Jan 26, 2012
190 posts
22 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I love mine. Its updated to wear 2.0 but there is a 2.8 update as well that mine hasnt received yet. I can answer texts, receive notifications, browse Twitter. I got mine for 56.50 usd back when ebay was having the 15% off promotion. My battery gets me through the whole day, though I dont use it all day. Great watch.
Jul 24, 2009
17 posts
9 upvotes
I got Wear24 a couple months ago and I am happy with it. As a matter of fact I like it more than HW2 which feels really sluggish compared to Wear24. The battery life is great: after 12 hours of moderate usage I still have 60% of a charge. I did nothing special, just upgraded it to latest and disabled all Verizon fitness crap and cell modem
Nov 5, 2014
217 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Purchased previously when only rose gold was available - keep in mind box will likely have the factory seal broken. That is what I and other purchasers have experienced from this vendor
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5045 posts
1912 upvotes
George1616 wrote: It's not worth it. I bought one and had to return it as once you update it to Android Wear 2.0 the battery only lasts 2-3 hours with light use.
Complete nonsense, I know plenty of people with these and battery at the end of long day is easy 50%
You got bad piece

Great watch, now you can unlock the bootloader and root it as well
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5045 posts
1912 upvotes
crownroyal wrote: I love mine. Its updated to wear 2.0 but there is a 2.8 update as well that mine hasnt received yet. I can answer texts, receive notifications, browse Twitter. I got mine for 56.50 usd back when ebay was having the 15% off promotion. My battery gets me through the whole day, though I dont use it all day. Great watch.
mine are already 2.10
Apr 18, 2017
405 posts
699 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: Complete nonsense, I know plenty of people with these and battery at the end of long day is easy 50%
You got bad piece

Great watch, now you can unlock the bootloader and root it as well
Mine will die in 2-3 hours if Cellular Data is enabled, which the watch auto enables when turning off and on. If I disable the Cellular Data the battery is still at 70% after a days use. It's super annoying though sometimes if I don't notice the Cellular Data was enabled and the battery dies in the morning.

The screen is also way less responsive than other AW watches, especially when typing.

For under $100 though, good luck finding anything better.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5045 posts
1912 upvotes
User131439 wrote: Mine will die in 2-3 hours if Cellular Data is enabled, which the watch auto enables when turning off and on. If I disable the Cellular Data the battery is still at 70% after a days use. It's super annoying though sometimes if I don't notice the Cellular Data was enabled and the battery dies in the morning.

The screen is also way less responsive than other AW watches, especially when typing.

For under $100 though, good luck finding anything better.
Reset it if that doesn't solve your battery issue have it replaced. There is no reason for you to have the sim card enabled unless you are Verizon customer, but the buttery should last over a day even with lte enabled unless you are in super low signal area.
Mar 13, 2005
659 posts
257 upvotes
Love this watch and it's my first smart watch. Mine is super responsive with all the updates done (which took longer than I thought it would have). I take it off the charger at 7am and put it back on at 9pm with cell and wifi off and the display is set to be always on and I have 50%+ battery life left. I'm not sure what a few hundred extra dollars would get me in a WearOS watch?
Jun 26, 2007
828 posts
573 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: the buttery should last over a day even with lte enabled unless you are in super low signal area.
Wouldn't all of Canada be a super low signal area if the watch only supports band 13?

On another topic, I picked up one of these. Should be fun to play with at least. I wonder how long it will take me to root it.
Dec 13, 2006
507 posts
418 upvotes
Vancouver
so whenever i asnwer a call on my phone, the watch interferes and i i can no talk to caller, (or when i call people)

even under the sound option during the call, my options are speaker, bluetooth and phone. i can select any of them but none work, sometimes after pressing buttons for 10 seconds the phone will take over ,

ANyone have this issue?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5045 posts
1912 upvotes
Flunk wrote: Wouldn't all of Canada be a super low signal area if the watch only supports band 13?

On another topic, I picked up one of these. Should be fun to play with at least. I wonder how long it will take me to root it.
You have to open it first to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and then you can root it
https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... 300/page34
[OP]
Sep 10, 2009
265 posts
178 upvotes
So I ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived today. The battery survived the day so so far so good. I'll give it a run again tomorrow and see how well it does
Jun 26, 2007
828 posts
573 upvotes
User131439 wrote: Mine will die in 2-3 hours if Cellular Data is enabled, which the watch auto enables when turning off and on. If I disable the Cellular Data the battery is still at 70% after a days use. It's super annoying though sometimes if I don't notice the Cellular Data was enabled and the battery dies in the morning.
If you go into the SIM info app (while cellular is enabled) and disable the Verizon profile it should never try to re-enable cellular data.

My Wear24 lasts for about 3-3 1/2 days with cellular and Wi-Fi disabled. I'm not sure why these phones even have Cellular, Wi-Fi maybe makes sense for software updates, but that's a real edge case. These watches are very much a companion device that is designed to be paired up with a phone the whole time.