Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
iceman2015 wrote: Question - Can I answer my phone calls with this device?
Yes you can, you just need to enable "phone audio" from the BT menu on the watch.
Nov 14, 2009
180 posts
80 upvotes
thanks just bought it!
Nov 5, 2014
392 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got my watch today. The seal was broken on the box. I don't believe it is new, I received none of the set up prompts when starting it up (selecting a language and connecting the app) until I did a factory reset. The watch also gets hot while charging...I've emailed the seller
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
jm0287 wrote: I got my watch today. The seal was broken on the box. I don't believe it is new, I received none of the set up prompts when starting it up (selecting a language and connecting the app) until I did a factory reset. The watch also gets hot while charging...I've emailed the seller
Thats odd, the one we got was brand new in "sealed" packaging.
We have another one in transit, will see how it turns out to be.
Nov 29, 2015
480 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote: Thats odd, the one we got was brand new in "sealed" packaging.
We have another one in transit, will see how it turns out to be.
Same I got the watch and it was sealed the box however upon looking at the box it does have some dents and dirt marks.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
iceman2015 wrote: Same I got the watch and it was sealed the box however upon looking at the box it does have some dents and dirt marks.
Packaging imperfections are not unusual for liquidated stock and discontinued products. Still, if it's advertised as new it should be new.
Nov 5, 2014
392 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote: Packaging imperfections are not unusual for liquidated stock and discontinued products. Still, if it's advertised as new it should be new.
It's a little difficult to see, but the original seal was broken and a larger seal was placed on top. The first pic shows the broken seal once i removed the larger seal, the next pic shows - the bigger unbroken seal can be seen. I still havent heard back from the seller. The watch also seems to get hot while on the charger.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by jm0287 on Mar 22nd, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
jm0287 wrote: It's a little difficult to see, but the original seal was broken and a larger seal was placed on top. The first pic shows the broken seal once i removed the larger seal, the first pic - the bigger unbroken seal can be seen. I still havent heard back from the seller. The watch also seems to get hot while on the charger.
Yup I see what you mean, received second one and it's indeed resealed (as well as first one too upon closer inspection).
That said, this might be for inspection as neither had any visible usage signs on the actual content, protective sticker on screen and clear wrapping on the charger were intact. BUT it powered up to initial setup screen (second one not tested yet) so either never been set before or was "factory reset" prior to repackaging (though it did have the initial firmware out of the box and OTA update was pulled once it got connected to our wifi).
For charging heat, first one does indeed get "warm" to the touch when being charged (being induction) but certainly not as hot as how our tablets get when using the inductions chargers (higher capacity batteries charging at higher rate than the watch).
Will report back once I get to set up the second one.
Nov 29, 2015
480 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote: Yes you can, you just need to enable "phone audio" from the BT menu on the watch.
So it seems that when I updated the software to latest AW 2.0 phone calls can be made via Bluetooth but mic doesn’t work. Anyone also experienced this?
Jul 2, 2016
889 posts
2362 upvotes
How do you get the Wear24 watch to buzz when you receive a text message? I downloaded the wear message app but it doesn't notify you when you receive a text message.
Nov 5, 2014
392 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote: Yup I see what you mean, received second one and it's indeed resealed (as well as first one too upon closer inspection).
That said, this might be for inspection as neither had any visible usage signs on the actual content, protective sticker on screen and clear wrapping on the charger were intact. BUT it powered up to initial setup screen (second one not tested yet) so either never been set before or was "factory reset" prior to repackaging (though it did have the initial firmware out of the box and OTA update was pulled once it got connected to our wifi).
For charging heat, first one does indeed get "warm" to the touch when being charged (being induction) but certainly not as hot as how our tablets get when using the inductions chargers (higher capacity batteries charging at higher rate than the watch).
Will report back once I get to set up the second one.
Thanks for your input! Mine didn't even power up with the set-up prompts, I had to factory reset to select a language etc. Seller replied and asked for pics, so I've sent them. We'll see what happens.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
jm0287 wrote: Thanks for your input! Mine didn't even power up with the set-up prompts, I had to factory reset to select a language etc. Seller replied and asked for pics, so I've sent them. We'll see what happens.
I did set the second watch yesterday, powered up to the setup screen, here is the shipping the firmware:

IMG-20180321-WA0039.jpg

I tried to get it updated to Wear OS (2.10 March 9) but for some reason it only pulls Android Wear (2.9 Feb 12) yet calls it Wear OS, looking at Wear OS feedback on playstore it seems few reported similar issue with different watches, might be a staggered update or something as the first watch already got it pushed.

Edit: Took one day and one power cycle (not reboot) and the 2.10 update was picked up, all is good.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2148 posts
1862 upvotes
I've been playing with mine for a couple of hours now and have no idea how to make the default messaging app Android messages. I managed to disable the verizon stuff but am completely lost.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Wasp14 wrote: I've been playing with mine for a couple of hours now and have no idea how to make the default messaging app Android messages. I managed to disable the verizon stuff but am completely lost.
Disable: My VZ, VZ messaging and Wear24 apps.
Enable: airplane mode.
Enable: BT and/or WiFi
Disable: VZ carrier profile from the "SIM Info" app.
Install: Android Messages from Google playstore (on both phone and watch).
Thats it, messaging would be handled by the installed Android Messages app.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
Is it a good watch? Just how big is it?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Black finally available, definitely worth paying a bit more for compared to pink gold before.

Looks like custom firmware is a matter of time now.
Jan 28, 2014
690 posts
328 upvotes
I keep seeing reports that it wont work with calls. Has anyone else had this problem?
Will be interested in using it with Hangours dialer

Also has anyone been able to use it with a Canadian carrier in SIM only mode?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)